The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

It just makes me upset that people are already starting to leave because of this situation; founders too. DE doesn't want this transaction to have occurred either. It was the shareholders' decision to sell Digital Extremes to Perfect World. The developers sure as hell do not want to pollute their game, their crowning achievement, with Perfect World's lottery type systems. Have faith in DE that they will do everything they can to prevent interference of Perfect World into Warframe. For now the deal is said and done, and there's no reason to be panicking anymore. I love this game and will continue to support it because I know the developers won't let these changes happen.

I must say that DE has done some pretty silly things but this is something that I, and several other long paying members of this game are actually backing out of the game for. I will go back to Mass effect if I need a game like this. This is a jab to my motivation to even play this game anymore.

Steve said the Orokin were coming back.... who knew the Orokin were Chinese.

So how far back has this been going on?

Kind of funny that Warframe is this pet project made all by the themselves cause they couldn't do it before because of evil publishers while at the same time... they were in discussions with PW for a purchase.

And they just celerbrated the 20th aniversary which .... may be their last. 

Edit- Forgot to add a funny gif

0bO3tNT.gif

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

I certainly hope so Letter, we all do :(

"Players have taken to the forums voicing a certain amount of displeasure with the deal,"

Displeasure?

I'M RAGIN MY FCKIN A$$ OFF OVER HERE!

Not because they left us in the dark - but because NOT EVEN THE GMFOUNDERS were told about this!

How much did they pay to help warframe rise to it's size? idk!, a lot!

And THIS is straight WRONG.

Sorry, can't upvote anymore.

If it means anything: I love you, random stranger.

Just to reiterate something I said in another thread: 

It seems mostly like panic. News outlets like Joystiq and such don't have any actual factual evidence. Until DE releases the official word, every single report (be it twitter, gaming sites, etc) must be taken with a grain of salt as they have as much information as we do.

People are panicking, assuming the worst, etc and then other people take those assumptions as facts, propagating the panic in a dangerous fashion. 

We don't know whether PWE is purchasing 100% of DE's shares, 49% of DE's shares or just a paltry 1% (we don't know how many shares DE has unrestricted). Basically we currently know nothing except that PWE has expressed interest and there's been some unofficial verbal (not even written) non-binding agreement between DE and PWE involving the selling of shares. We don't know how many shares either.

tl;dr We have no definite info on the matter. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Well, DE, you wanted to be free from publishers or other authorities to make Warframe, the game you wanted to do. This was the story which brought the ten no back from their cryosleep. Now you'll become worst than Alad V, you are selling us out.

Well an announced community Plat purchasing boycott could work as a last resort. I would hate to see it come to that, also if the deal isnt finalized yet it may get the other company that's in a non-binding agreement with PWE to back out and torpedo the whole thing. I would hate to see DE suffer as a result of shareholder greed but if the alternative is letting PWE take over another good game it may be necessary. would not only have to be boycotting purchasing plat but would likely require not trading for plat either to get the message to sink in.

P.S. To DE if it did come to this I would be saddened to see you guys suffer for it.

I really, really hope something is going to be done about this. Warframe is a game I love mainly for the awesome devs it has, if PWE takes over it, and starts doing from the game whatever they want to (talking about lottery S#&$ and what not), this game is going down very soon.

The good thing is that actually, Warframes community knows a lot of games and companys, this S#&$storm here with PWE, I dont know if Perfect World thinks they can get some kind of benefit out of this, the game will die.