Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crowd Control And Unconventional Weapons

Transmorphic_Wyvern

I love CC weapons such as the Amprex and the Ignis. I especially love the more unconventional weapons like the Torid, the Miter, and the (somewhat) recently-released Mutalist Quanta. I honestly would love to see more of such weapons with CC, something unique to them, or hold more of a utility purpose.

What I have to ask you all is this: Which CC or unconventional weapons do you like and why? How do you like to use them? What kinds would you like to see in the future? Discuss!

And as far as unconventional weapons go, it is anything that has it's quirks and/or some property that makes it unique. An example would be the Mire longsword for having innate toxin damage.

I like the Lanka with Gas/electric status builds, AoE and CC on a sniper.

I would like to see a defensive "weapon". A secondary that you throw to place like the Castanas but unlike the Castanas it creates a force-field similar to Volt's electric shield.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

The Lecta

Surprisingly can easily match the Serro in killing ability when you run things that can form crowds

Gas damage is scary

The Lanka

Gas electric build is extremely effective in about any situation

I honestly would love to see more of such weapons with CC, something unique to them, or hold more of a utility purpose.

We'll be getting this pretty soon now:

3tOZXik.gif

Some of the the CC weapons I like:

-Amphis

-Supra

-Orthos Prime (insane range)

-Ignis

-Amprex

Edited by KingTaro

• 4 weeks later...

I love how the Serro is clearly stated to have been a tool for scrapping big things like ships, then was turned into a weapon by rebels and subsequently banned. It's a pretty realistic backstory for power tools, knives, et cetera, and it goes together well with Vandal weapons and the Karak if you're looking for a revolutionary ensemble.

If only it had slash damage visuals, dang.

A sidearm that places standing poles on the ground--for next to no damage--for the ability to do large area of effect knockdowns? Sure! It'd be like a portable seismic generator, akin to the eximus units. Having more CC-type weapons instead of damage weapons would also help to prevent the inevitable power creep from gaining quickly. Said generator could also fill in as a more status-type weapon. Low damage, little crit, AoE knockdown, large status chance. Sounds good to me. :D Getting over 100% on the status chance? Have it act like the red crits, only transferred to status applicably~

Lecta with high status holds back entire armies. Combine it with Banshee's Sonic Boom for even more CC and you can spend all game screaming YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

Hind with punchthrough is awesome, but its best in areas with dense mobs, like infested.

L

I think this is what the modding system should work towards (as in, unconventional, effective builds) rather than slapping on meaningless damage mods that don't change gameplay besides the numbers that pop up.

That would be ideal, but i dont see that happening anytime soon :( By the time we get something as satisfying as that I'll have been long gone.

Love this thread.

I think this is what the modding system should work towards (as in, unconventional, effective builds) rather than slapping on meaningless damage mods that don't change gameplay besides the numbers that pop up.

Marelok can get 95% proc rate and still good damage XD

• 2 weeks later...

Lecta with high status holds back entire armies. Combine it with Banshee's Sonic Boom for even more CC and you can spend all game screaming YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

Hind with punchthrough is awesome, but its best in areas with dense mobs, like infested.

That would be ideal, but i dont see that happening anytime soon :( By the time we get something as satisfying as that I'll have been long gone.

We have GOT to get into a game, Darktails! I've gotta see this in action!