The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts And You

DE_Adam

Here's an idea to fix battlepay: Have a clan set an initial per-person payment, then multiply that by how many successful conflicts would be needed to utterly obliterate a rail, and if the clan can't meet that number they better tone it the hell down.

That would be ineffective for those clans who can't muster up 2-3 billion credits in their vaults but only effective for clans who already hold dark sectors as they already have billions of credits in their vault at their disposal. It would be best to remove credits completely and simply leave the conclave dark sector rewards possibly as rare PvP mods but not credits. 

In my opinion, dark sector conflicts shouldn't be fought or won because of clans / alliances that have the larger vault of credits but by the communities that are more dedicated to their emblem / message being represented on the dark sector.

I think the developers need to change the meaning and rules of dark sectors so that everyone can try to represent themselves on it, not just clans / alliances that already have billions of credits due to their lengthy time of dark sector ownership.

Not to sound high and mighty, but this is coming from from someone who has deployed and won dark sectors when no one thought they could be taken or were worth the time to be taken.

Edited by (PS4)The_CIROC_Boy

That would be ineffective for those clans who can't muster up 2-3 billion credits in their vaults but only effective for clans who already hold dark sectors as they already have billions of credits in their vault at their disposal. It would be best to remove credits completely and simply leave the conclave dark sector rewards possibly as rare PvP mods but not credits. 

In my opinion, dark sector conflicts shouldn't be fought or won because of clans / alliances that have the larger vault of credits but by the communities that are more dedicated to their emblem / message being represented on the dark sector.

I think the developers need to change the meaning and rules of dark sectors so that everyone can try to represent themselves on it, not just clans / alliances that already have billions of credits due to their lengthy time of dark sector ownership.

Not to sound high and mighty, but this is coming from from someone who has deployed and won dark sectors when no one thought they could be taken or were worth the time to be taken.

So you want it to be like what the relays were going to be like, with a clan showcase of sorts?

@Sdaly96: Yes possibly for it to be more like a clan / alliance showcase or recruiting proposition. When Rail Conflicts existed the reason everyone fought rails is because they are got credits out of it. For example whats the point of taxing a node when you're already 2 billion credits in the negative. I think the developers need to create new incentives for fighting the new PvP modes. Removing taxes / credits / battle pay from dark sectors would be game changing. Possibly make it so that there can be other mission success rewards. Dark Sectors shouldn't be based on how much credits a clan or alliance has.

@ ALOIYD: I think putting rare mods on the drop tables for those who perform extraordinarily in the dark sector PvP modes would provide incentive and presence on the dark sectors. I did enjoy those rare mod drops like Rage, Master thief ect.

Edited by (PS4)The_CIROC_Boy

@Sdaly96: Yes possibly for it to be more like a clan / alliance showcase or recruiting proposition. When Rail Conflicts existed the reason everyone fought rails is because they are got credits out of it. For example whats the point of taxing a node when you're already 2 billion credits in the negative. I think the developers need to create new incentives for fighting the new PvP modes. Removing taxes / credits / battle pay from dark sectors would be game changing. Possibly make it so that there can be other mission success rewards. Dark Sectors shouldn't be based on how much credits a clan or alliance has.

@ ALOIYD: I think putting rare mods on the drop tables for those who perform extraordinarily in the dark sector PvP modes would provide incentive and presence on the dark sectors. I did enjoy those rare mod drops like Rage, Master thief ect.

Problem with old dark sectors is that it could be exploited..... 

It became a game of either who had the "highest" battle pay or which alliance had more friends.

I was in a conflict where my "teammates" did nothing but kill themselves so that my side had no way to defeat the enemy

It needs to be altered to something more fair... heck i wouldn't care if it copied conclave elements but alliance specific

The main problem is that certain team based flaws (people crossing sides to suicide) are so prevalent that nothing can get done. I think that if there was a penalty for losing on either side people would be way less likely to throw the match. Like every time you lose you need to use a very rare resource (i'm thinking a neurode) in order to enter again. If DE makes it some blueprint for a "cosmic realignment device" then people would be kept from exploiting the crap out of it.

Hahah if they made it so that you had to donate rare resources in order to participate in the dark sectors then no one would play them, but these are opinions non the less. 

They could simply make it so that if that person is afk or committing suicide multiple times he is removed from the game and the death penalties don't count. With the current conclave system being about oro collection and team annihilation, I think there would be a lot less problems with this happening. 

@ UltraKardas: I do agree more alliance specific, and not battle pay related.

@ gino1313: Yes it is somewhat of a problem but should be resolved with the conclave elements we are seeing. I disagree with making dark sectors a donating aspect in order to participate in.

@Sdaly96: Yes possibly for it to be more like a clan / alliance showcase or recruiting proposition. 

This is already in effect. Maybe not in the relays (which I would hate), but the idea of showcasing your clan/alliance by simply having your emblem on the star map and an included recruiting message has always been a thing since day one.

Futhermore, what it sounds like you are suggesting is not a community driven Solar Rail conflict system, but a Clan v Clan system which doesn't involve the community at all. Tell me why the random player is going to take time out of his or her day to fight for your side if there is absolutely no incentive for them to do so (credits)? 

This is already in effect. Maybe not in the relays (which I would hate), but the idea of showcasing your clan/alliance by simply having your emblem on the star map and an included recruiting message has always been a thing since day one.

Futhermore, what it sounds like you are suggesting is not a community driven Solar Rail conflict system, but a Clan v Clan system which doesn't involve the community at all. Tell me why the random player is going to take time out of his or her day to fight for your side if there is absolutely no incentive for them to do so (credits)? 

@ cah55555

Well you have valid points about player pvp incentives but I still don't think it should be credit based rewards that are dished out. As for what the developers have planned, I have no idea. But when you think about it, should the majority of dark sector conflicts be fought by random players who simply do it for the battle pay? Should that be the reason a clan or alliance wins the rail? Or should winning a dark sector be more about dedication, loyalty & the representation of ones clan or alliance? Well these are all just opinions of course, you have yours and I have mine.

In the history of Dark Sectors, alliances, clans, and communities have fallen off nodes usually because the other side had more battle pay (Credits). If an active clan or alliance had no credits or battle pay to fight against they would have more of a chance to defeat a less active clan or alliance on the node, and this could be a weekly thing.

What I simply suggest is 1) Lowering the time it takes to defend / attack a rail because 12 hours is quite insane. 2) Remove the ability for people to be taxed on dark sectors, 3) Removing battle pay from the equation of winning a rail conflict. 

Maybe I see things too ideologically in that people will still play to rep their clans / alliances but from my experiences, taxes and battle pay has usually led to exploitation (either in the form of high taxes or glitching credits).

It could be alliance vs alliance, clan vs alliance, ect. I think the Warframe clan / alliance system involves a large amount of the community and is also one of the nicest things about Warframe. 

@ cah55555

Well you have valid points about player pvp incentives but I still don't think it should be credit based rewards that are dished out. As for what the developers have planned, I have no idea. But when you think about it, should the majority of dark sector conflicts be fought by random players who simply do it for the battle pay? Should that be the reason a clan or alliance wins the rail? Or should winning a dark sector be more about dedication, loyalty & the representation of ones clan or alliance? Well these are all just opinions of course, you have yours and I have mine.

In the history of Dark Sectors, alliances, clans, and communities have fallen off nodes usually because the other side had more battle pay (Credits). If an active clan or alliance had no credits or battle pay to fight against they would have more of a chance to defeat a less active clan or alliance on the node, and this could be a weekly thing.

What I simply suggest is 1) Lowering the time it takes to defend / attack a rail because 12 hours is quite insane. 2) Remove the ability for people to be taxed on dark sectors, 3) Removing battle pay from the equation of winning a rail conflict. 

Maybe I see things too ideologically in that people will still play to rep their clans / alliances but from my experiences, taxes and battle pay has usually led to exploitation (either in the form of high taxes or glitching credits).

It could be alliance vs alliance, clan vs alliance, ect. I think the Warframe clan / alliance system involves a large amount of the community and is also one of the nicest things about Warframe. 

Ciroc,

I find it to be a humble proposition from your stand point... I agree with it as well...

But then my counter proposition is this:

Make it a Clan vs Clan/Alliance vs Alliance with no tax and battle pay, but then the Lower planets like Earth, Mercury for lower Clan Tier and Higher planets for Higher Tier (you fall in Eris/Pluto Catigory) :-) ... Because If I have to fight your clan today for a rail....that would be instant suicide...seeing your clan size.

And also make it a 'clean' Clan vs Clan and not that clans (clan A and B) from the same Alliance can fight eachother (it can be tricky because you can first fight and then become Ally). Seeing what already happened in the past, Alliance sharing their dominion!

I hope DE reads these final posts!

I think one of the main issues is that winning a DS conflict should not reward resources that help win future DS conflicts. E.g., winning clans shouldn't be able to tax nodes. That just sets up a situation where one clan, or a small group of clans, will own everything.

I think solar rails should be built to allow more productive farming of a single resource. So Clan A builds a solar rail which will make a DS node drop 10% more neurodes. Clan B builds a solar rail which will make a DS node drop 40% more oxium (the amounts have to be carefully weighted for how rare/useful the resource actually is). Each clan invests, I dunno, 10 million credits for battlepay, up front.

The conflict starts; each battle awards a set, standard battlepay, something like 10k credits, taken out of the 10m investment of the clan the the player chooses to fight that match for. Players choose which side to support depending on which resource they want to be able to farm more easily. When the conflict ends, the node is opened for PvE play, with increased drop rates of the winning side's chosen resource.

That way, it doesn't matter which clan has more money, so long as they have enough for the battlepay investment. What matters is whether players want 5% more neural sensors or 75% more alloy plate.

Edited by motorfirebox

How do I put this into words...

I see from both sides of the spectrum. I joined Dark Sectpr stuff later in its life and before I did, I honestly didn't care about them; clans and alliances could duke it out and I didn't need to worry about it.

Now that I've done everything there is to do and get I want the Dark sectors back, and would have it just about the same with a tax cap added. Not much else bothered me.

• 2 weeks later...
i thought of this new kinda dark sector reward for controlling a planet (controlling both dark sector nodes). if said planet has a relay on that planet the alliance or clan owning both node gets their alliance or clan emblem put on all the banners and flags in the relay and they get some sort of discount on on baro ki'teer and darvo as well as a purchasing stuff from the syndicate rooms cost a lil less also. i just think this would give people a reason to participate in the conflicts and the rooms on the second level that is blocked off will be accessible only to clans in that alliance or if a clan takes it only the clan members that controls the relay also one of the blocked off rooms be like a hall of fame room and has all the past alliances/clans that held the planet and how long they held the planet for. just something to give people a lil more then just credits and resources for the vaults 

i feel it needs to be clan/alliance locked so only the attacking and defending clans and alliances can play its the only way that you can still have a credit/resource tax for victorious clans without making it a battle-pay scenario. You might feel this punishes the clans that dont participate by not allowing their members to participate but thats a boon in my opinion it would help clean up the litter of a thousand 10% effort clan leaders in ghost clans going nowhere.

I don't care how they bring it back. Just bring it back. It was one of the more unique elements of Warframe that drew me to this game. When I was googling stuff about this game before I even played it, the DS wars was one of the things that I found that made me go, oh this game will be interesting. And now it's gone. So whatever, whenever, however you need to do it, just do it and bring it back.

If it's PVE, we're ready, if it's PVP, we're ready, if it's PVEFGHIJKLMNOP we're ready.

I don't care how they bring it back. Just bring it back. It was one of the more unique elements of Warframe that drew me to this game. When I was googling stuff about this game before I even played it, the DS wars was one of the things that I found that made me go, oh this game will be interesting. And now it's gone. So whatever, whenever, however you need to do it, just do it and bring it back.

If it's PVE, we're ready, if it's PVP, we're ready, if it's PVEFGHIJKLMNOP we're ready.

i feel you pain friend i miss them it also use to play all the time man. i wish they would bring it back soon or give us some sort of hint when it is coming back 

I'm with DE not bringing back conflict... until damage 3.0 or Mod 2.0 out.

Stupid PVP game mode (Old one) is just all about camping, Winner side will obtain more XP, which further widen the gap.

If you want more PvP, there's Conclave (for so-called balanced), Duel if you want to have a 1-shot-game.

• 2 months later...

couldn't have said it better

@UltraKardas

The only problem I have with your post is that you said "It became a game of either who had the highest battlepay or which alliance had more friends". This is absurd imo. My alliance (Not the founder, but have founder rank) has taken a rail against a serious opponent WITHOUT battlepay before. It takes a whole lot more rail runs without community support though.

Also your part about which alliance had more friends is a critical misunderstanding of how people attack/defend rails. My alliance and our sister alliance (Arbiters Rage and Art of War respectively) have fought against a multitude of alliances at the same time. Weve had time where 3-5 alliances alliances lined up to deploy on us all at once. Some of their attempts were indeed successful at taking the node. Holding the node is a whole `nuther ball game. They didnt have the tactical foresight to defend their nodes for any substantial amount of time (Ill exclude coba because its SUPER EASY to take, shadows clans have took it ffs.) Its not impossible to beat many alliances at once if your people are willing to put in the effort.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Beijing