Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

To those who posted actual pictures showing the difference, can you use other post update colors or palettes to get your original colors back?

Nope. You can try and try but you can't get anything but dark muddy colors.

It's like my Warframe was slow-roasted.

Edited by DarkD3filer

Well looks like typical DE will just ignore those of us who present a legitimate argument to a problem that didn't need to be fixed. I don't know how long I can continue to support a team that says they listen to the community but all they do is listen to the brown nosers and not the people who actually want to help shape the game into something greater.

Well looks like typical DE will just ignore those of us who present a legitimate argument to a problem that didn't need to be fixed. I don't know how long I can continue to support a team that says they listen to the community but all they do is listen to the brown nosers and not the people who actually want to help shape the game into something greater.

This is the way I feel. I'll wait for their response on Monday, but if they don't do anything about this blatant problem, then that mentality, that attitude will carry over into other areas of the game. I wouldn't feel this way if there weren't so many people who are ok with this problem because they now have darker colors.

You mean to tell us that Kubrows that looks GREAT in the white-greyish are meant to look like the rolled in dirt and let it stick?

I wouldn't mind this as much if I could EDIT MY KUBROWS FUR COLOR. You know, like I can with my sentinels... for FREE.

Edited by Jowain92

Oh come off it. "brown nosers"? "people who actually want to help shape the game.."? Ok, I can accept that you're unhappy with the change, and that's fair, but stop with the self-righteous posturing and quit acting like you've somehow got a more important opinion than people who are happy with the change. The people who are happy with it have opinions that are equally as valid as yours.

DE HOPEFULLY will add a saturation slider, or have a tab that switches between old and new colors.

It would forever solve this problem.

They should also tone down the gloss of custom painted warframes. Default have better, duller shines and when you customize them they become action figures covered in baby oil.

Edited by DarkD3filer

DE HOPEFULLY will add a saturation slider, or have a tab that switches between old and new colors.

Honestly I think they should've done that instead of the 'gamma' color palette. Just like many others have stated in this thread, that palette doesn't do anything.

Oh come off it. "brown nosers"? "people who actually want to help shape the game.."? Ok, I can accept that you're unhappy with the change, and that's fair, but stop with the self-righteous posturing and quit acting like you've somehow got a more important opinion than people who are happy with the change. The people who are happy with it have opinions that are equally as valid as yours.

Sure, and I understand people have their own opinions and views and they are entitled to them I am not, however only referring to this particular scenario. Arcane helmets, frame nerfs, weapon nerfs, the clear unbalance in PvP that has exhisted since conclaves, there are more things I refer to when I say there are people who want to shape the game, and those who just take what they are given without question, or critique. All I am saying is some people fail to see the big picture, and that is ok, but when some issues clearly cause the game to take a more negative turn within the game play and the community, it truly becomes a problem that needs to be fixed, and more often the not DE doesn't seem to take an overall objective look at things and typically do not listen to all possibilities before they just "fix it".

The saturation is closer to the real color, but the brightness isn't. The only color that's actually right is the energy color. Here's my proof:

SRtX64.png

Now, the other highly likely possibility, is that the tints of the Warframes are too dark, therefore the colors are appearing way too dark. I say that because I do remember DE darkening Excalibur Prime. But as you can see here, the saturation is closer to being right. But the colors appear way too dark. So either it's the colors themselves that are too dark or it's the tint of the frames and sentinels that are too dark. Again, this problem is both on my Excalibur Prime and my Sentinel Prime.

EDIT: This was also a problem for my Dakra Prime, so I'm inclined to say that it's the colors themselves that are the problem. Either that, or the tints of certain items in the game are way too dark.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Could you unfix it? I kind of want my 1000 hours back. You've gutted the sense of identity I had for the game game and my warframes, and I don't think betrayal and disappointment make for a good mixture of feelings. I wish I knew what the logic was... Wanted more appeal with the weeboos? Trying to attract the Saturday morning cartoon crowd? I wish I understood, Steve. It'd be a lot easier for me to know how to react. I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say I want an option for the classic colors.

The last thing I ever wanted was "Richer colors" Since 90% of grays and 2/3 of every other color have resulted in a glossy gimpsuit effect that's more black than it is anything else. And the colors that show do so with enough vibrance that you can't help but imagine the whole Warframe cast doing a Bob Fosse number with jazz hands. You had something really unique with the subtler colors. It lended a sort of plausibility and atmosphere to the character design. I don't think I can really say that's true any longer. It seems Warframe has joined the rest of the market with it's big friendly colors. I wish I could communicate to you how sad that makes me, and what an acute discomfort it's caused in my stomach.

Could you unfix it? I kind of want my 1000 hours back. You've gutted the sense of identity I had for the game game and my warframes, and I don't think betrayal and disappointment make for a good mixture of feelings. I wish I knew what the logic was... Wanted more appeal with the weeboos? Trying to attract the Saturday morning cartoon crowd? I wish I understood, Steve. It'd be a lot easier for me to know how to react. I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say I want an option for the classic colors.

The last thing I ever wanted was "Richer colors" Since 90% of grays and 2/3 of every other color have resulted in a glossy gimpsuit effect that's more black than it is anything else. And the colors that show do so with enough vibrance that you can't help but imagine the whole Warframe cast doing a Bob Fosse number with jazz hands. You had something really unique with the subtler colors. It lended a sort of plausibility and atmosphere to the character design. I don't think I can really say that's true any longer. It seems Warframe has joined the rest of the market with it's big friendly colors. I wish I could communicate to you how sad that makes me, and what an acute discomfort it's caused in my stomach.

If the change gets rolled back up, i could say everything you said, backfired.