Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Scared Whats Going To Happen To The Ps4 Community In 6 Weeks Time - Destiny Release

(PSN)Quo_Tee

Lol, wut?  Even the Beta had large persistant areas.

This is kinda true, though they really couldn't hide the fact that all each planet really amounts to was 5-6 sectors each with specific hotspots where enemies pop out of spawn doors or drop from the sky. The areas allow you to go where you please but were still quite linear.

And it is important to keep in mind that each planet has that single zone to it's name. At least initially Earth will consist of the Cosmodrome and that is it. Nothing more. The area is big, but not so big you wont be done with it fairly quickly. Especially since you're going to have to follow the loot trail anyway.

This early on I'd say that is one of the game's potential weaknesses. It is definitely what I'm most wary about at the current time.

Lol, wut?  Even the Beta had large persistant areas.

Oh you mean Old Russia which is an instanced map divided into smaller areas? That is not exactly a large persistant world. Exploring the map didn't took me very long and yes there's a few locked areas but those areas aren't exactly huge either. Like i said, there is no WORLD to explore which was their grand plan.

omg im also very very scared

what happens when bloodborn is coming?

what happens when mgs5 is coming?

what happens when god of war is coming?

what happens when uncharted is coming?

omg omg! (could do 100 more)

most useless thread i ever seen since 20 years of gaming.

Destiny.

Overhyped game that is only boosterd by Activision marketing division. I hardly believe that Destiny will deliver after all this hype that boosted people expectations.

Game just looks like open world Halo makeover.

Edited by RoboDoge

Oh you mean Old Russia which is an instanced map divided into smaller areas? That is not exactly a large persistant world. Exploring the map didn't took me very long and yes there's a few locked areas but those areas aren't exactly huge either. Like i said, there is no WORLD to explore which was their grand plan.

This is kinda true, though they really couldn't hide the fact that all each planet really amounts to was 5-6 sectors each with specific hotspots where enemies pop out of spawn doors or drop from the sky. The areas allow you to go where you please but were still quite linear.

And it is important to keep in mind that each planet has that single zone to it's name. At least initially Earth will consist of the Cosmodrome and that is it. Nothing more. The area is big, but not so big you wont be done with it fairly quickly. Especially since you're going to have to follow the loot trail anyway.

This early on I'd say that is one of the game's potential weaknesses. It is definitely what I'm most wary about at the current time.

It wasn't linear.  The missions were.  I am not sure if you tried out the free roam mode or not.  Inside buildings were typically insanced where out side areas were persistent.  I would often run into roaming players and even fought a spider tank with some of them. I spent plenty of time exploring the map and getting myself into bad situations.

Destiny.

Overhyped game that is only boosterd by Activision marketing division. I hardly believe that Destiny will deliver after all this hype that boosted people expectations.

Game just looks like open world Halo makeover.

I have never enjoyed Halo, so I guess I wont enjoy Destiny. IMO it's just as you said, an overhyped game. Just watch as it slowly dies out like Titanfall.

I like warframe.

I put about 20 hours into the destiny beta. I like it.

Open areas (big)

I can roam, I can use my sniper rifle!

I can melee (knife) with a Hunter.

I will be playing destiny, less warframe, but will check in for the usual updates when ever they happen.

Nope, never played Halo. No xbox taste in my mouth

I have never enjoyed Halo, so I guess I wont enjoy Destiny. IMO it's just as you said, an overhyped game. Just watch as it slowly dies out like Titanfall.

Destiny is worth around 1 billion of dollars, and half of that is going in marketing. Surely it would be overhyped and people will think that Destiny will be one of the best games around.

Money can implant some ideas about any product, if there is enough money for that.

I like warframe.

I put about 20 hours into the destiny beta. I like it.

Open areas (big)

I can roam, I can use my sniper rifle!

I can melee (knife) with a Hunter.

I will be playing destiny, less warframe, but will check in for the usual updates when ever they happen.

Nope, never played Halo. No xbox taste in my mouth

Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo ODST were all amazing.

It wasn't linear.  The missions were.  I am not sure if you tried out the free roam mode or not.  Inside buildings were typically insanced where out side areas were persistent.  I would often run into roaming players and even fought a spider tank with some of them. I spent plenty of time exploring the map and getting myself into bad situations.

Oh i've tried everything the beta has to offer, even the 2 hour moon session (why 2 hours is beyond me) Did you even watch the E3 2013 Destiny showcase a year ago? Hell you can just watch it from youtube. They marketed Destiny as a game with Large persistant world, WORLD. The Old Russia, Moon and rest of the map content is going to be the same: instanced maps with smaller areas. 

Whatever the case, they won't deliver what some players expected the game world to be but this is only the first game. I'm still afraid they're going for the milking route. Worst case scenario: They release the game with half the actual content that's already done. Sell the latter half of the game as downloadable content as if it's something new (which should have been in the game in the first place) They will do this until Destiny 2.

I really liked the Destiny Beta, and I am pretty sure I will be playing a lot of it on PS4. The things is, Warframe updates with new content more frequently than most 'big release' games, so hopefully new features released will keep people interested. Destiny is a great game and it will doubtlessly pull attention from EVERYTHING, let alone just Warframe.

I always come back here though... every time.

heres the thing, i think that after a week destiny will die down and remain at a constant amount, it kinda feels like titanfall was before, everyone was hyped as hell wanting it and as soon as it realeased it died down alot, i mean destiny does look like a prettier borderlands, granted thats not bad, but idk, i think its just hype, and after a while, once the hype is gone, people will be back

Just to clarify, Old Russia is only partially available in the beta. I went through and saw tons of places that looked like passageways that were closed off and boarded up. Not to mention Old Russia is only one zone on Earth. There was also concepts shown for Old Chicago, Mumbai Push, European Dead zone, and Twilight Gap. And this is only Earth. The moon, Mars, Venus, Saturn, Europa and Jupiter are also explorable locations.

Edited by Ionus

Seriously, guys. It's Bungie. They tend to deliver on their hype.

Edit: Of course, that doesn't mean that Warframe will die. People play more games than one on a day to day basis.

Just today, I played Halo 4, Warframe and Aliens: CM.

Edited by Corvid

This is almost like asking what will happen to battefield when the new COD game comes out. They're similar but they're also different. The most noticeable difference is that Destiny is a FPS. I've heard people say that destiny is a rip off of warframe and vice versa (which doesn't really make much sense since warframe is already out but destiny isnt but whatever).