Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Prime Time #39!

[DE]Megan

Glad that Arma was mentioned... :)

It'd be cool if he was implemented one day, after "thishypercoolconcepthyped&supersubmission" and "doIreallyhavetogiveanotherreasontoaddhim". (without counting the nice female frame concepts!)

Edited by unknow99

ME WANT THIS DARKNESS TANK!!!!!!!!!!! Its like mixing the best of Dragon and the Typhus concept, which are pretty neat but I really rather have this one instead as it has a very awesome mix... PLEASE DE GIVE US THIS ARMA!!!!

Yes to Tanky Frame. While there are other "Tank" Frames, they dont really play like a tank. Trinity is a healer, Zephy is a CC and Valk more of a DD with an invincibility and Armorer. Frost is a pretty good tank but the Globe limits mobility and Rhino being good as well with Iron Skin but seems more like a DD frame with the Rhino Roar and Rhino Stomp. Having Dark Knight would be amazing since its all about taking less damage and healing back the damage it took, which is something few frames do.

#DarkKnightU15 ?

Nice Stream Ladies, though I admit I only caught the tail end. But amusing nonetheless. As to the question you posed about adding an Arma-like frame to the game, I have this to say on it:

In regards to the current tank frames, there are a number of frames that can hold their own in a tanky fashion. Aside from Rhino, Valkyr has probably the highest total effective health in the game, and Trinity can still become damn near invincible. I really wouldn't classify Hydroid as a tank, since he wets himself at the first sign of real trouble (hah, warframe puns) and neither would I classify Frost as a tank, since outside of his globe he is no more well defended than any of the other frames, though the distinction between a tank frame and a bunker frame is minimal. I also would not classify this Arma concept as a pure tank frame. Its armor and health are a bit high, though I'm sure its stats would be tweak if actually implemented. And without a way to regain direct health loss, health tanks simply aren't viable. Valkyr is protected by the health gain of Hysteria, but I usually always equip her with a life strike melee weapon simply to keep her alive. As for the Arma concept, by his apearence and his proposed powers, I would call him more of a warrior than a tank. It would be nice to see a frame that is purely damage based and retains that damage potential at any level, and I think this Arma concept would be perfect for that. I agree with what has been said on the matter in the previous livestreams, that you want to add other effects to damage ability to retain that usefullness at higher levels, but it would be nice to have a frame that is a pure brute by design, able to keep on Corpus smashing, Grineer bashing, and Infested stomping even at top tier levels.

Thanks a million for featuring my ARMA fan concept!  Originally I was just planning to crank out this design for my professional portfolio and call it good, but the response from both the players and the devs has been amazingly positive, so I'm gonna keep pressing forward and expanding upon the design.

Warframe players, Digital Extremes: you guys are the best.  It's a real treat to be a part of this community.  More ARMA goodies to come soon!

I don't think this will make Rhino Obsolete.

Just as people have said before, there are a couple of other "tanky" frames in the game, and everyone plays their own. I've seen many people play valkyr as their main, and frosts as their main, and hundreds of others with rhino's as their main.

Having a new frame to rival the rhino wouldn't be a half bad idea, but i still think a lot of people will still play rhino just because of how easy he is to get. You get him on Venus... Making him easy to access despite the M2 rank you need to craft him.

If you make this frame a quest reward similar to mirage it will make this frame feel even more rewarding and can allow for a better chance to give this frame some great lore like they did with mirage.

That and i want the spear either way :P

IF nothing else please add the Void spear cuz that would be effin awesome yo  

I think that it will be good to have a frame that could be simmiliar to rhino but also be a bit different in terms of playstyle and thoughtwise...

and that 300 armor is kind of fair because rhino has his legendery iron skin ^^...well,at least take arma to consideration...he shows somewhat of a promise... the idea of having an offensive tank(rhino) and a defensive tank(arma) is great! good luck with the concept,DE TEAM!

PLEASE MAKE ARMA! I hav almost all the frames (minus volt, banshee, and trinity) and my playstyle is a more in your face melee style (orthos prime ftw), this would be a great addition to my arsenal. I love frames that can take a ton of hits or are deceptive enough to avoid them (mirage 4eva). So make him plixy plox. An btw......DEMegan won the art contest on 85% of the drawings. Sorry DERebecca ;P

Edited by Uchia18

I think the only warframe to be largely obsolete at this point would be excalibur - He doesn't bring much to the table that other frames don't do similar to already... Which I suppose makes sense given that fact it is supposed to be a balanced and easy to play frame that is mainly for introducing new players to the game. Arma seems to be more of a group tank than Rhino, who is good at defending himself very well but not so much others. Vauban isn't a tank but good crowd control, Frost is tanky crowd control. Arma seems like he would be a more physical tank that could use himself to defend others rather than projected shields and such. I think he could have his own niche.

I would like to share my point of view on the "new" Tank Warframe. First I would like to start by answering some of the questions [DE]Rebecca & [DE]Megan asked:

Q: Would you classify Hydroid as a "Tank"?

A: No, though he looks bulky, this is because of his stats and abilities.

Lets take a quick look at his stats at rank 30:

Health: 300

Power: 150

Armor: 65

Shield Capacity: 345

Sprint Speed: 1.05

Stamina: 150

Now as you can see his Health, Power, and Armor match "balanced" Warframs like Excaliber as an example. Aside from those similarities, he excels in Shield Capacity, Sprint Speed, and Stamina. Though the Shield Capacity and Sprint Speed are a minimal increases compared to most Warframs. This biggest difference, and most important to a "tank", is Shields and Armor. His Shield value is slightly increased from most "balanced" Warframs, but it isn't significant enough to help in a "tank" role. He also has an Armor value of 65, matching even Warframes made to shy away from direct combat like Loki, Mag, and Nova.

Now let's see an overview of his abilities:

Tempest Barrage: Calls down a barrage of liquid.

Tidal Surge: Crash though enemies in a ferocious wall of water.

Undertow: Become a water trap and drown unsuspecting enemies.

Tentacle Swarm: Summon a creature from the deep to wreak havoc.

Though Hydroid has abilities that are threatening, none are beneficial to his defense. Unlike Rhinos Iron Skin, or Frosts Snow Globe, Undertows way of recovering limits mobility, the ability to fight back, and can potentially require a lot of energy to harm and enemy or recover his Shields/Health (Requires Rejuvenation). Both Rhino and Frost have an ability to recover, while still being able to fight, effectively allowing them to stay on the battlefield without fear of death.

That being said, why don't we have a look at Rhinos stats (At level 30), since it came up in the stream:

Health: 300

Armor: 190

Shield Capacity: 450

Sprint Speed: 0.9

Stamina: 100

Clearly you'll notice huge change in Armor, just shy of 3 times the Armor to be exact. Shields are increased considerably by 105. And to combat these abnormal increases, also to suit his "tank" roll, his Sprint Speed, and Stamina are decreased. If you'll look at Hydroid again, you can notice he looses what Rhino gains (Armor and Shield Capacity), and gains what Rhino looses (Sprint Speed and Stamina).

Moving on to Rhinos abilities, we have the following:

Rhino Charge: Rhino charges towards a target, clobbering any in his path and goring his victim.

Iron Skin (Dark Souls reference?): Rhino hardens his skin, insulating himself from all damage.

Roar: Grants all nearby Warframes with a temporary increased damage.

Rhino Stomp: Rhino stomps with force sufficient to disrupt time, tumbling enemies around him in stasis.

Right off the bat we all know what Rhinos signature move is, right? Iron Skin of course. Probably the definition of "tank", Iron Skin has proven to severely increase the survivability of not only Rhino himself, but the whole team. Which clearly separates himself from all other Warframes.

Next up, even though it was not mentioned on the stream, Frost. Of course we do not need to metion his stats, since they match Rhinos exactly. But his abilities on the other hand are:

Freeze: A frigid energy blast that freezes targets in their tracks.

Ice Wave: Sends a wave of razor sharp, crystallized ice towards an enemy dealing heavy damage.

Snow Globe: Frost deep freezes any vapor and moisture in the surrounding area to create an impenetrable sphere of protection.

Avalanche: Summons a treacherous landslide of ice that instantly freezes and shatters all enemies in its radius.

So we not only have the "tank" worthy stats on Frost, but we have a "tank" worthy ability called Snow Globe. Which, like Iron Skin, allows Frost to recover and stay on the battlefield at the same time. Now what separates Rhino from Frost. Their abilities. That's simply it, stats match, abilities don't. This is why when you compare the 2 (Rhino and Frost) we really have only two of the same "tanks".

Q: Will adding a new "tank" Warframe make Rhino/Frost obsolete?

A: That would be up to you and the Warframe you want to build DE. If you were to copy the post ShinNagakure made word for word, then the answer would be no. This is also because of his stats and his abilities.

Let's take a quick look at "ARMA's" stats (Assuming these are his level 30 stats):

Health: 375

Armor: 300

Shield Capacity: 225

Sprint Speed: 0.9

Stamina: 100

What makes this concept so interesting is his differences between him and Rhino/Frost. Rhino/Frost rely on not getting to the point of Health damage, by high Shields and abilities like Iron Skin/Snow Globe, but if they do, they have the Armor to take a beating until the ability can be used again. ARMA can simply ignore that need for extra protection from abilities, due to his boost in Health and Armor, and thus, does not need abilities like Iron Skin/Snow Globe. He instead trades those abilities with very high damage and devastating abilities.

Now let's see an overview of his abilities:

Gore: Deal a crushing blow that launched and weakens enemies.

Sanguine Spear: Impale a single target with a life-draining Void Spear.

Void Hand: Project a Void Shield that captures incoming projectiles.

Blitz: Charge through enemies and reflect damage back upon them.

Taking a look at the work ShinNagakure has done here is very great. Instead of having a couple defensive abilities and a couple of attacking abilities, all 4 abilities are devastating, which is not available compared to the other "tanks" (Rhino/Frost). The is new, this is different, we have none like it, this is "tank". By no means will someone have trouble choosing between Rhino/Frost or ARMA. Not only is he Health based unlike Rhino/Frost, but he is the only "tank" Warframe focused on only devastation. Please let me know guys/girls what you think and if you agree or disagree with my opinions?

Edited by (PS4)DWreck1995