Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Are The Tenno High Council?

creepercola106

The Tenno High Council was simply a nod at the Design Council. You'll see no mention of them in-game any longer.

This. From the name they were probably some sort of governing body for the Tenno, but all references to them have been removed.

High council says Whaaaaa?

They only time I recall that being in-game was on the description for Nova. This was due to the fact that the design council picked all of her abilities and name through polls. She was literally designed by the council. (Yes, technically that makes it the councils fault that molecular prime exists, we are all very sorry *chuckle*).

However the description has been removed now, and i do believe for good reasons. Firstly, it was confusing as to who this group was and why they were not mentioned elsewhere. Secondly because people were believing this would affect the game direction. So many people keep saying that this means Nova is a frame made in the present time of warframe and thus she cannot be primed.

However all of this is gone now and we should never speak of it again.

Edited by MDRLOz

No one truly knows, but I suppose it just wasn't in DE's best interests.

Why would it not be in DE's best interests?

I could imagine only problems that would have arisen if they wouldn't have continued to elect people into the Design Council even after the Founders program ended. Basically now everybody can get into the Design Council when showing enough good remarks on the Forum and that's something most of the Founders supported, at least I did so.

I would go so far to say that DE should probably implement another Forum badge seperate from the Founders badge for those who are on the Design Council.

Edited by MeduSalem

They only time I recall that being in-game was on the description for Nova. This was due to the fact that the design council picked all of her abilities and name through polls. She was literally designed by the council. (Yes, technically that makes it the councils fault that molecular prime exists, we are all very sorry *chuckle*).

However the description has been removed now, and i do believe for good reasons. Firstly, it was confusing as to who this group was and why they were not mentioned elsewhere. Secondly because people were believing this would affect the game direction. So many people keep saying that this means Nova is a frame made in the present time of warframe and thus she cannot be primed.

The High Council will never be forgotten!

Your one of them!!! ( I know that but there got to be drama lol)

I would have been ninja'd had I not clicked the button to show new posts.  I always thought the idea that the Tenno Council meant Nova was too modern to be Prime was incredibly narrow minded.  There was no mention as to when the Tenno Council designed her or even existed.  It is entirely possible that they were a ruling body over the Tenno within the Orokin Empire.  They might have been the ones who decided to betray the Orokin (for reasons unknown that may or may not have been justified).  Nova might have been designed within the reign of the Orokin and might have an unrecovered Prime version.

The Tenno High Council was simply a nod at the Design Council. You'll see no mention of them in-game any longer.

AKA Written out. Non-canon. Shot out the airlock. This lore is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone up to meet it's maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If it hadn't been brought up it'd be pushing up daisies! It's literary processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible! THIS IS AN EX-CANON!

Silly walk for whoever gets the reference.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Personally, I believe they were an ancient, now-defunct, Tenno Order that, in the wake of the Tenno forming their own clans (represented by the Polarity symbols, something DE stated in a previous Devstream) in order to keep order amongst the various clans - the lack of such an order to maintain order, even with the presence of the Lotus, could be the reason why the modern Tenno clans are infighting at the Solar Rails like they are.

Would also explain why Nova Prime can be a thing - created by the High Council of yore for the first of the Nova's to be born to the Tenno, the Orokin later went back in and designed their own Prime variation of it.

Edited by Morec0