Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotuses Voice Is Annoying, Please Stop Talking!

Insidiatorii

The Lotus talks way to much, and in a ridiculous voice that get increasingly annoying every time she starts to talk! I would like to see us being able to change the narrators voice in the setting menu. Her voice is WAY to bland and distasteful!

The Lotus talks way to much, and in a ridiculous voice that get increasingly annoying every time she starts to talk!

Her voice is WAY to bland and distasteful!

U...wot?

600205e704286491c6f9e92e226e36dc.png

The Lotus talks way to much, and in a ridiculous voice that get increasingly annoying every time she starts to talk! I would like to see us being able to change the narrators voice in the setting menu. Her voice is WAY to bland and distasteful!

From this ^ does anyone see me say that I don't like having a narrator? I didn't think so. All I did was state my own opinion on LOTUS's VOICE not Rebecca's. There is no need for people to get defensive about the subject if you know how to read my topic properly. 

I agree.

But it would be hilarious to have your Handler hacked multiple times during a mission.  Ordis popping in to tell you that it was thinking again or Darvo giving you a call while Lotus was trying to warn you about something.  

I could get behind that.

I wanna see a conference call during a mission where Ordis and Lotus and Darvo, Alad V, Stalker, etc. Are all calling in and arguing with each other. As more and more of them pipe in the screen gets totally covered in portrait windows and you have to scramble to hide or risk death since you can't see anything.

I wanna see a conference call during a mission where Ordis and Lotus and Darvo, Alad V, Stalker, etc. Are all calling in and arguing with each other. As more and more of them pipe in the screen gets totally covered in portrait windows and you have to scramble to hide or risk death since you can't see anything.

Best April Fools EVER!!!

Then have Hek pop in with his DID YOU THINK IT WOULD BE THIS EASY?!?!?!

We have slowly begun to give certain Lotus lines more personality and emotion, especially during events.  Some lines are still very straightforward ("Bypass is done, you may proceed") but expect to hear more personality as we add more lines to the game.

We have slowly begun to give certain Lotus lines more personality and emotion, especially during events.  Some lines are still very straightforward ("Bypass is done, you may proceed") but expect to hear more personality as we add more lines to the game.

Just give us an option to to duct tape her mouth. That should do it.

You can definitely hear her personality show during Vor's Prize. I was surprised to find she had concern in her tone during certain parts of the quest. However, these moments shouldn't be commonplace, in my opinion. If they happened all the time, it'd lose it's "shock value" and impact.

Her G3 encounter lines are still my favorite. God, those scared the crap out of me the first time I heard them.

Yet people insult Ordis' voice. We're all just nice to Rebecca since she's a female.

I'm sure that's true for some, but don't go pointing around accusations like that without knowing the speaker's POV. It's incredibly insulting and assumes much more than you actually know.

Now, mind you, I think both Ordis and Lotus have amazing voicework. If anything, I would say that Ordis's delivery is more consistent, while Lotus is occasionally a bit off, but for the vast majority of their lines both of them have done very well for being untrained voice actors (though admittedly I don't know that for a fact, I was under the impression everyone the sound team nabbed are totally fresh on it). I can understand if you're tired of listening to them, but I'm pretty sure there's a way to turn only your Transmission volume down... I would know, because I'd never heard Lotus's voice until I'd put a good 100+ hours into the game.

People are going to have their preferences, but pointing fingers and claiming something about gender out of thin air is super ridiculous.

I'm sure that's true for some, but don't go pointing around accusations like that without knowing the speaker's POV. It's incredibly insulting and assumes much more than you actually know.

People are going to have their preferences, but pointing fingers and claiming something about gender out of thin air is super ridiculous.

My main problem is people insulting Ordis' voice while lauding Rebecca for her effort. This screams bias. I think the VA for Ordis did a fine job and people should stop insulting him. I mean, goddamn, how long does anyone remain on their ships between missions? I hear Rebecca far more often than Ordis. He does not deserve the flak he gets.

Here's a suggestion to go along with the lines for Lotus: give folks a slider to adjust how much they want advice/speech from Ordis/Lotus, and give people the option to adjust the voices separately or together. Some don't mind them at all, some absolutely want to Gorilla Glue their "lips" closed, and some like them as it is now.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

she really just is monotonous for a good chunk of the game. and after a while she starts to become captain obvious. i think there are just certain lines that should just stop being said after a while of playing. like avoid the fire or the ships reactor has malfunctioned your shields will take a hit.

during vor's prize it seems you guys tried to get it so she sounds like a person but more often then not there was no inflection in her tone.

these are just my thoughs anyways.

What? Do you even know what heretic mean? 

1. a professed believer who maintains religious opinions contrary to those accepted by his or her church or rejects doctrines prescribed by that church.

2. anyone who does not conform to an established attitude,doctrine, or principle.

3. Roman Catholic Church a baptized Roman Catholic who willfully and persistently rejects any article of faith.

2a71311d_1281351891588.jpeg

...or an Ordis operative.

"Operator, please continue. Your objective is near--DON'T MAKE ME PULL THIS MISSION OVER!"

"Operator, there is the power core. DESTROY IT DESTROY IT NOW--Deactivate it at your earliest convenience."