Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

For one, I AM effected by it, because I love using a variety of weaponry and play styles to keep the game vibrant. One of my favorites is revs/shotgun for that high paced pinpoint accuracy. However another go-to of mine is, surprisingly, dual explosives+Jat Kittag. Yes, that's right. Ogris/Penta and Castanas. You'll never guess what warframe I use normally with this combo, and no - it's not Valkyr, Trinity, or Rhino (I don't even have a Rhino). Yup. Ember.

When I want more explosions than a Michael Bay film I play as Nova, and she is far from tanky.

Opinionated posts about what is "best frame" are also unreliable.

No one is saying launchers didn't deserve a nerf. What the issue that is splitting the community is that the magnitude of the nerf was too great. 

The issue with nerfing rather than buffing that splits the community is as follows.

When you give a community choices for a long time, they are used to it. When you give them more choices, people are either excited for the new choices, and those who do not like the new choices still can retain their old choices, thus there is mostly happiness or indifference. When you give a community specific choices, especially for a long time, and then revoke them simply because a select few are complaining about too many choices, you split the community.

False, I can tell you that my posts about which frame I think are the best are 100% accurate.  If I didn't think she was the best then I would not have stated otherwise. =3

The issue is that people whine about nerfs, whether they are justified or not. In this case the nerfs were justified.

When I want more explosions than a Michael Bay film I play as Nova, and she is far from tanky.

False, I can tell you that my posts about which frame I think are the best are 100% accurate.  If I didn't think she was the best then I would not have stated otherwise. =3

The issue is that people whine about nerfs, whether they are justified or not. In this case the nerfs were justified.

your posts for what frame you think are the best are 100% accurate because you like using them. The same could be said of everyone's post being 100% accurate about weapons and frames they like and everyone elses being 0% valid because they disagree... it is because of this reason that we are here now, arguing about wether the rockets should remain with the ludicrously low 20 rounds or have them boosted to at least 50 or 60 to make them reliable again... Also, Serration's and all other DMG mods are so useful that they're pretty much mandatory... and unless DE boosts the dmg of every gun in the game by 165%, 90% etc., then they WILL remain mandatory...

Edited by R3DBelmont456

If they were justified, there wouldn't be so much outrage. A nerf was justified. A nerf this extreme was not, at least to a large portion of the playerbase.

Opinionated posts about what is "best frame" are also unreliable.

No one is saying launchers didn't deserve a nerf. What the issue that is splitting the community is that the magnitude of the nerf was too great. 

The issue with nerfing rather than buffing that splits the community is as follows.

When you give a community choices for a long time, they are used to it. When you give them more choices, people are either excited for the new choices, and those who do not like the new choices still can retain their old choices, thus there is mostly happiness or indifference. When you give a community specific choices, especially for a long time, and then revoke them simply because a select few are complaining about too many choices, you split the community.

We have to have both nerfs and buffs. We end in just as bad a spot from too many buffs as we would from too many nerfs. At the very least this update is showing that DE is willing to do both on a large scale.

Tanky sniping works doens't it?... If you love using variety then why the bloody hell fight against me in the first place, I love rockets and what DE has done to them is a flat out Injustice to all players who loved using them. Now if you're done trashing me, then all I can say is:

-insert totally out of place gifs-

A: I never said tanky sniping didn't "work". I said I actually enjoy challenging myself with explosives as a warframe that can't take a hit. It's fun using mobility while at the same time blowing S#&$ up.

And I love -variety-. I never said I love imbalance, and that's what that high ammo capacity was. You can sit there and try and twist my words, but you'll just fail over and over. In fact, seeing as I love variety, that would actually mean I greatly approve of this update, because now players will NEED to use just a bit more variety in their tactics, instead of pressing left click and watching everything explode.

Serration. Real damn useful. Not mandatory.

Serration =/= ammo mutation in any way shape or form. Serration and mods like it are a must-have, which I will agree is something DE needs to look into. However, ammo mutation is -not- a must-have. You can still do optimal damage without it, and can use normal ammo drops or ammo restores if your reserves are low. Not to mention, running out of rocket ammo is a given with the amount of AOE devastation it can reap. So no. It's not mandatory. Useful, but not mandatory.

and I promise you that tomorrow in Tenno Live, I WILL let DE know that they should fix this extreme nerf...

Go ahead and spam their chat. You'll just get banned.

your posts for what frame you think are the best are 100% accurate because you like using them. The same could be said of everyone's post being 100% accurate about weapons and frames they like and everyone elses being 0% valid because they disagree... it is because of this reason that we are here now, arguing about wether the rockets should remain with the ludicrously low 20 rounds or have them boosted to at least 50 or 60 to make them reliable again... Also, Serration's and all other DMG mods are so useful that they're pretty much mandatory... and unless DE boosts the dmg of every gun in the game by 165%, 90% etc., then they WILL remain mandatory...

They are 100% accurate representations of my opinions.  And just FYI, I think rockets should have the ammo increased slightly: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/290428-explosive-ammo-%E2%99%AA%E2%99%AB%E2%99%AA-the-perfect-fix-%E2%99%AA%E2%99%AB%E2%99%AA/#entry3323309

If they were justified, there wouldn't be so much outrage. A nerf was justified. A nerf this extreme was not, at least to a large portion of the playerbase.

False.  People will complain about nerfs regardless.

See my last post.  I think current ammo totals should be doubled (e.g. Penta = 40 ammo max, Angstrum = 60 ammo max).

Clearly what was needed after the intudustion of the truly awful new ui was a way to &!$$ of more of the games playerbase.  

Imo this is another of those updates that presumes everyone is a well established player in a well established clan with access to all the best mods.  Also imo, what these weapons needed to balance them was their own subclass(like shotguns) and own ammo drops not a nerf that makes them useless to a good portion of the playerbase.

Maybe all the asshats could actually contribute to this and suggest something to use instead of a penta(etc).  It needs to be viable group or solo, non prime and not locked behind clan research and rare mods. 

And for the rcord I would say ammo of 50-75 and back to rifle rather than sniper.

Nice see you on the forum bro we used have fun in game well i did been a power hog with my penta as you no me :) 

False.  People will complain about nerfs regardless.

See my last post.  I think current ammo totals should be doubled (e.g. Penta = 40 ammo max, Angstrum = 60 ammo max).

I'm fine with its current amount, but I'd also be fine if it was that amount as well. I have -never- seen my Penta ammo go under 500. So 40 would suffice, though I MYSELF think it's a bit much even still. But yeah, it's a good compromise.

A: I never said tanky sniping didn't "work". I said I actually enjoy challenging myself with explosives as a warframe that can't take a hit. It's fun using mobility while at the same time blowing S#&$ up.

And I love -variety-. I never said I love imbalance, and that's what that high ammo capacity was. You can sit there and try and twist my words, but you'll just fail over and over. In fact, seeing as I love variety, that would actually mean I greatly approve of this update, because now players will NEED to use just a bit more variety in their tactics, instead of pressing left click and watching everything explode.

Serration =/= ammo mutation in any way shape or form. Serration and mods like it are a must-have, which I will agree is something DE needs to look into. However, ammo mutation is -not- a must-have. You can still do optimal damage without it, and can use normal ammo drops or ammo restores if your reserves are low. Not to mention, running out of rocket ammo is a given with the amount of AOE devastation it can reap. So no. It's not mandatory. Useful, but not mandatory.

*facepalms* Oh God, the fact that you said you can still do optimal dmg with a rocket launcher without serration only tells me that you've never used a launcher passed wave 15 defense. A launcher without serration and split chamber is like any other weapon without DMG and mutlishot mods, good luck killing anything passed lvl 20 mobs without em... Also, just cause you love variety doesn't mean WE ALL HAVE TO "because now players will NEED to use just a bit more variety in their tactics, instead of pressing left click and watching everything explode." Yet another selfish Post from someone who had the option of not even having to use a launcher, but instead craps all over people that do... GG bro, GG...

Go ahead and spam their chat. You'll just get banned.

Frankly, forcing someone who enjoys that is not something any of us have any right to do.

With regards to Serration.

Both are a mod. Both augment a weapon's usability and/or longevity.

On a fundamental level, they are exactly the same. 

I cannot do optimal damage or have the weapon perform to its maximum when I must swap out a damage mod or other utility mod for ammunition or when I am constantly out of ammunition.

Useful, but not mandatory applies for both under your logic.

Frankly, forcing someone who enjoys that is not something any of us have any right to do.

I cannot do optimal damage or have the weapon perform to its maximum when I must swap out a damage mod or other utility mod for ammunition or when I am constantly out of ammunition.

Ammo mutation isn't even close to serration functionally.

someone is maddddddd!!!, hey little launcher butthurt the nerf is neccesary to those weapons people use to ABUSE of them to level up all stuff in the game just take 2 days to level up a complete gear only with penta in sechura so shup up if you dont want to play go an do it alone or learn how to use another weapon 

pretend the laptop is DE nerfing the Rocket launchers:

angry.jpg

now pretend they do that to the rest of Warframe... what do you get?

No, but you meant it seeing as you used the word Serration and Rocket launcher in the same Paragraph... I can play this game too bro, all night...

Congratulations, you just proved yourself to not be worth my time at all, because clearly you don't understand English.

"Optimal" changes, especially in a game that's constantly growing. We all knew this update was going to happen, and was given a warning. Your "optimal" build will need to be tweaked if you still wish to have tons of ammo for a weapon that doesn't need tons of ammo.

However, Serration is one of those mods that live outside the fold, which is not a good thing and we can all agree with that. It's indeed a truly "mandatory" mod because it buffs everything damage-wise. People have proposed absorbing Serration and mods like it into weapon ranks. I actually agree with this.

However, Ammo Mutation isn't needed like Serration is. It's more of a play style mod. People who can use launchers sparingly won't have a problem. People who can't may need it. Let's also keep in mind that there are ammo restorative items. You can just invest in them and go to town without a problem. They don't cost alot.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Ammo mutation isn't even close to serration functionally.

It's not. I'm not saying it is. 

But as a mod, they do the same thing. They augment a weapon.

I refuse to take double standards when two things are fundamentally the same thing but some seem different on a surface level.

I'm perfectly fine with Serration as is. I don't have it maxed or anything, but I'm fine with its existence. I would also be fine if they opted for a new, agreeable system. Point is required or band-aid mods are bad. Regardless of what the text says it does.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Cleaning

Thank you for reinforcing my point where there are a large amount of salty individuals who will come flamebaiting and provide no constructive feedback.

A good portion of the people against the nerf have no constructive feedback either.

All the mods in the game do that.

Exactly.

A good portion of the people against the nerf have no constructive feedback either.

I never stated above from which party they come from.
Edited by Arabaxus

Congratulations, you just proved yourself to not be worth my time at all, because clearly you don't understand English.

"Optimal" changes, especially in a game that's constantly growing. We all knew this update was going to happen, and was given a warning. Your "optimal" build will need to be tweaked if you still wish to have tons of ammo for a weapon that doesn't need tons of ammo.

However, Serration is one of those mods that live outside the fold, which is not a good thing and we can all agree with that. It's indeed a truly "mandatory" mod because it buffs everything damage-wise. People have proposed making absorbing Serration and mods like it into weapon ranks. I actually agree with this.

However, Ammo Mutation isn't needed like Serration is. It's more of a play style mod. People who can use launchers sparingly won't have a problem. People who can't may need it. Let's also keep in mind that there are ammo restorative items. You can just invest in them and go to town without a problem. They don't cost alot.

They cost a lot trying to get them to rank 10 which takes a lot of time and effort... and FYI my primary language is Spanish, the fact that I can read, write and speak English better than most American native speakers says a lot about my intelligence, and you having to fall back to insulting me at this point says a lot about yours... So wether you take me seriously or not is not my concern as the one that has the final say so in this IS the Developer of the game and not you... Though I'm sure that by now they realize that over nerfing the launcher ammo was a Huge mistake...

I used play super monday night combat smnc two years ago they did a level called (Blitz) its was just like defence like in Warframe 

they give us all free Blitz rocket launchers with a very Big ammo pool that got all players to levels 50 60 That Was fun.

This is not fun 

I used play super monday night combat smnc two years ago they did a level called (Blitz) its was just like defence like in Warframe 

they give us all free Blitz rocket launchers with a very Big ammo pool that got all players to levels 50 60 That Was fun.

This is not fun 

Warframe back in the day = FUN

Warframe Today:

1269511566080.jpg

NoFun.jpg

I might as well go back to messing with the command line in Zandronum, and use degreelessness mode along with over the top code modifications just to have a good laugh again...

Edited by R3DBelmont456