The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Yes, but when people are almost dead, their sense perceptions and views tend not to be really accurate. 

It can go both ways. It could be the actual Archwing, or it is just that he is hallucinating and seeing things since he is about to die. And I think from the Void Shield description, it seems to be just our shields, given that it is 'strained under the enemy beams', which I would say is the Warframe's shields taking the blow of enemy fire. 

That does not really help. That just further proves my view that the soldier narrating this is almost dead, or at the very least seriously injured. 

Maybe it is just our ordinary shields, i guess to the ordinary Orokin they were called Void SHields

Well, as I noted in another thread, the trailer actually has a shot-for-shot recreation of a particular gundam battle sequence, down to the shape of the weapons and the wings. I can't remember which one, precisely, but I remember watching it more than once.

So yeah, you can note "lots of things have mechanical wings", but it's very specifically modeled on that.

Yes, but when people are almost dead, their sense perceptions and views tend not to be really accurate. 

It can go both ways. It could be the actual Archwing, or it is just that he is hallucinating and seeing things since he is about to die. And I think from the Void Shield description, it seems to be just our shields, given that it is 'strained under the enemy beams', which I would say is the Warframe's shields taking the blow of enemy fire. 

That does not really help. That just further proves my view that the soldier narrating this is almost dead, or at the very least seriously injured. 

Dude stop trying to ruin everything. You always try to ruin the fun.

It say it right there in the Codexs...Arch wings!

Edited by OrphanMaker

Nope, it is infact an archwing because in the next paragraph they are both alive and Mag Primes archwing is removed. 

"I felt a pistol thrust in my hand as I was heaved to my feet. The angel had saved me, pulled me from hell, but it would not pity me. I was to die on my feet, by its side. I turned my good side toward the gunfire and raised the gun. It nodded, its outstretched metal hand surging and pulsing in ancient shapes as blue shimmered around me. It turned, drawing its blade and together we surged headlong into the hailstorm of death and fire that awaited us."

I did say he was almost dead in my previous posts, not dead, for one, so that was a moot point to argue upon. And from that snippet here, it does not really indicate much about an Archwing, but more like Mag Prime making the soldier continue fighting on despite his extensive injuries (from the words 'my good side' and the previous paragraphs, we have a pretty solid guess that he is heavily injured).

And it just seems that Mag Prime is casting Shield Polarise to restore the soldier's shields, given in the sentence fragment 'its outstretched metal hand surging and pulsing in ancient shapes as blue shimmered around me', which does seem to fit the description of the Shield Polarise we see and use (Mag lifting her hand up and waving it a bit, friendly shields restore etc.). 

Then again, this lore entry can be open to interpretation. I am just offering my viewpoint on this entry. 

can you name any other game, anime, tv series, sci fi reference that has humanoids as space fighters?

Macross, among others (although technically Macross was inspired by Gundam in the first place).

No one's really doubting the inspiration though.

THat exerpt was only to prove that they were still concious after the writer saw the wings. But lets be honest here.. its a ******* archwing, we all know it. THey cant just throw in a jetpack out of nowhere.

As I said, the lore entry is open to interpretation (at least for that one). What you perceive is not what I perceive, and that is fine.

Am I the only one that find the arcwings not ninja like?

The Ninja is not just restricted to only JUST using  Swords and Bows, A ninja learns to use and make his or her own type of weapons and Arsenal to complete his or her mission. 

A Ninja's TRUE nature is to gather as much information as possible, rather it takes him or her days, months or years. -- and based on his or her information and knowledge to adapt he or she will know (or craft)  the items and weapons to bring for the mission.

There is no diversity to become a ninja. You can be a part of Royality or a street beggar a Ninja is a Ninja.

Get this Naruto and typical Anime pop culture media bullS#&$ out of your heads, thinking that a Ninja is just only Stealth.

When your family and your very own life is at stake I'm sure anyone would not hesitate to develop more advanced weaponry then your enemies or target.

Let it be explosives or a freaking awesome looking Ietpack (archwing) as long as your missions gets completed, that's all the really matters.

And rather a Stealth approach is always the best, Sometimes you can not always have things go out way the you planned and need to prepare yourself with something to make it out alive.

Edited by Crucia

Ninja is'nt just only Swords and Bows, A ninja learns to use and make his own type of weapons and Arsenal to complete his mission. 

There is no diversity to become a ninja. You can be a part of Royality or a street beggar a Ninja is a Ninja no matter whatever and only cares about completing his or her Mission no matter what tools they use.

Get this Naruto and typical Anime pop culture media bullS#&$ out of your heads thinking that a Ninja is just only Stealth.

When your family and your very on live is at stake I'm sure anyone would not hesitate to develop more advanced weaponry then your enemies or target.

Let it be explosives or a freaking awesome looking Ietpack (archwing) as long as your missions gets completed, that's all the really matters.

I repeat:

We don't go by ninja logic.

We go by SPACE ninja logic.

In Mag Prime CODEX Entry:

"...I was in a dying dream. I saw a bright spot blurring and weaving toward me. I felt a tug toward it from the metal clasps on my suit. It reached me, rising up - a gleaming beast, a plume of golden wings rising and unfolding behind it. An angel. It snatched me from my death. I could feel my lungs fill as it wrapped me in its wings. Its Void Shield shimmered blue, strained under the enemy beams. I felt a suddenly tug of acceleration. I closed my eyes and held on it like a child. ..."

Could that be...archwing? Or maybe...ARCHWING PRIME!!!

Maybe U15 is far away, or it could come sooner than expected. But my thoughts on Archwing are as follows:

Rework of Invasion Missions. This could include that the side you allied with Will have a greater impact on whether you win or lose.

If you side with the Corpus, they will back you up with heavy railguns with slow rate of fire and they will also keep light fire superheated energy from turrets to weaken stronger enemies you'll go up against. They will also send out bigger than normal Ospreys to keep some of the fire off of you.

The same will go for the Grinder, but with more brute strength.