Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

so we will be able to fly in actual normal missions on earth and stuff? i don't much like that idea if we can XD

going out on a limb here, but I'm assuming its only space related not planet side (meaning not on the surface of a planet or in a standard map) but coming off of a ship tileset. Would be interesting to engage wings at will though, but I think planetary maps would need some redesign to accommodate that.

so we will be able to fly in actual normal missions on earth and stuff? i don't much like that idea if we can XD

im pretty sure the archwing will be limited to either some kind of failed extraction on a space mission or in new game types that take place specifically in space. 

Guys are warframe powers gonna work in space?

Cause that would mean Volt speed in space....nova wormholes.....oh god so awesome. Nyx absorb in space.......Rhino charge......Zepyhr would be the archwing master

I don't imagine the DEs will allow the usage of abilities in space. Plus, watch that video again. That Excalibur is already going insanely fast, good luck trying to maneuver with Volt's speed boost. Perhaps specific abilities, like final powers would work, but otherwise the mechanics of all of them would have to change to make sense.

On another note, it looks like there's only one firearm and one melee. Hopefully this won't be the case, cause going from a sniper-mindset to automatic-ship-wrecking-cannon is kind of a big change. As is dual-daggers to giant-laser-sword.

im pretty sure the archwing will be limited to either some kind of failed extraction on a space mission or in new game types that take place specifically in space. 

going out on a limb here, but I'm assuming its only space related not planet side (meaning not on the surface of a planet or in a standard map) but coming off of a ship tileset. Would be interesting to engage wings at will though, but I think planetary maps would need some redesign to accommodate that.

cool well i am hopeful that it will be a new mission type =) I wouldn't like to see people flying in normal ones unless it was in vey hek's mission, cause that would be cool to chase him around while he was flying with our wings.

Edited by jennibear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfBRCT-m1MI

I don't know if I'm the only one who thought of or saw this kind of similarity with Zone of Ender but I hope Archwing plays a little like it. It one of the few games where I enjoyed flying and fighting at the same time.

It'd be cool if they had some kind of elite or boss fight involing melee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfBRCT-m1MI

I don't know if I'm the only one who thought of or saw this kind of similarity with Zone of Ender but I hope Archwing plays a little like it. It one of the few games where I enjoyed flying and fighting at the same time.

It'd be cool if they had some kind of elite or boss fight involing melee.

I bet  you 10 silver pennies that it doesn't.

Hard to tell how it'll play out from a teaser. I'd take planned scripted sections of enemy waves like old starfox over an arena with just random defense waves. Yet I'm pretty sure thats all it will be. A 360 degree boxed defense mixed with survival air drops. With any luck, they will add different mission variations just like on foot.

Also, aesthetically, the game keeps drifting further away from the dark, gritty, alien-ninja-goodness which drew me in when I first picked up the game so long ago.  The colors and themes are becoming increasingly fantasy/angel/WoW-like.  I miss the sinister-alien texture the game used to have.

Sadness.

I can agree with this.

Also, aesthetically, the game keeps drifting further away from the dark, gritty, alien-ninja-goodness which drew me in when I first picked up the game so long ago.  The colors and themes are becoming increasingly fantasy/angel/WoW-like.  I miss the sinister-alien texture the game used to have.

Sadness.

Eh. We've never been dark or gritty. It would be really cool if we got some darkness and grittiness though.

This is just pure speculation, but what if arcwings get their own mission types? Like, we'd have intercept, defense, survival, exterminate, and arcwing missions. I could see that working pretty well. Or maybe it would be a modifier, like nightmare mode.

All I really want to see is a large degree of freedom. I want to be able to fly around freely instead of being on some rail shooter.