Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic Music (Positive Feedback!)

(PSN)DukeSilver83

I'd like to share some positive feedback about the new music system for Grineer and Infested tilesets (per U14.1 on PS4). It makes a big difference. I'm actually grateful that the Corpus levels have been left out of the change temporarily so that it is easier to compare the cinematic impact. The Grineer stems work really well and I hope that more stems/pieces will be added as time goes on for variety. I usually turn music off after a while for games because I'm a huge ambient sound buff, but I've cranked Warframe's score since the change. 

On Grineer missions, the music makes me feel like a badass. It feels like war drums are being beaten in anticipation of an epic battle. All the percussion, split up as it is, nails the rhythmic nature of the gameplay (kill, loot, repeat). It's not perfect yet, but the reactiveness of the music brings an intentional, almost scripted, quality to the game that wasn't there before.

The infested stems are really effective. Terrifying and completely cinematic. They are not as rhythmic as the Grineer stems, so it makes them a little more unpredictable. The Breeding Grounds event really benefits from this. The multiple objectives paired with the reactive score makes the level feel like a complete experience that has a concrete narrative.

Just thought I'd share a positive thought instead of a gripe. Well done, folks. Thanks for putting so much work into the audio. I'm a sound designer by trade and I really appreciate the details. Sounds great.

I have hardly noticed the Grineer change but the infested. Whoa man that awesome. I get the feel that you should from the infested, A panicy sort of you could die and any moment and you must fight to survive. But I like the music in warframe already and I like it even more now. With most games I just listen to a playlist I've made depending on the mood I'm in or the game (though most of the time its RATM SOAD or Disturbed just so I can feel like a badass killing everything) but Warframe has turned out to be a different case.

Edit: Dont forget QOTSA

Edited by Drunken_Child

Glad you are liking it!  We have a brand new Corpus dynamic music set that will be shipping with the next update.  And yes, we will continue to add more music pieces for each faction as time goes on.

Glad to hear it!

I wonder what the Corpus music will sounds like.

I bet it'll be all futuristic and stuff, to go along with their "hyper-advanced human" theme.

Dubstep maybe?

Nah.

Glad you are liking it!  We have a brand new Corpus dynamic music set that will be shipping with the next update.  And yes, we will continue to add more music pieces for each faction as time goes on.

A lot of people in general underestimate just how much music and sound play a part in conveying tone and setting, and how good versus bad sound can increase or hamper enjoyment of something.

Warframe has traditionally lacked quite a lot in the music department, so to hear what's in-game now and that there's more coming has me kinda' excited!

Are there any musical "easter eggs" in Warframe? Ie - do something or go somewhere and a tune will be played? (Maybe there already is something obvious but i'm lack the knowledge to recognize it).

When in the future, after you guys have made various dynamic music tracks (for Bosses too hopefully?), will you guys release an OST of the full tracks?

Edited by Casardis

I feel lots of synth but not a lot of 'oompf', I'm hearing primarily a pulsing single keyboard beat and it isn't doing much for me since there's not much with it. Needs something more on top of the drive, then I think it'll be there. Good drive, needs a little style I guess. Hard to describe.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

While I'm not much of a fan of most American dubstep, I do listen UKF D&B while I warfarm from time to time, and some of the works of Skream(one of the originators of Dubstep) sound like they deserve to be in a game as boss music.

Hopefully some of the themes will reflect this later on. Also I'd like hear more tracks from Yakudo in the game, that sound is one of the more unique aspects of warframe.

Can you also give some fresh air to the old ones too? Some of us really liked them, and feel sad that you'll probably just delete them with the new music...

I absolutely loved the tibetan throat chants (ninja feeling), and I'm afraid to no longer hear it with these additions.

Edited by unknow99

Omg I love the new Corpus music way too much. Infested and Grineer was ok for me, but the Corpus theme... it's like Freelancer and Mass Effect OSTs making love and giving birth to this sweet peace of music. I want that everywhere. I can't get over it. I wish I had no reason ever not to play on Corpus tilesets.

Just wanted to add that all of the music, especially since update 14 on the PC, has been stellar and top notch.  I'm really enjoying it!  I have stopped listening to other music while playing the game as I'm just enjoying it as much as I enjoy shooting the enemies.  The Music Department should petition to have an official CD added to the merchandise store.  Or at least sell a digital album.

Thank you,

Kast