Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will It Take To Solo G3?

(PSN)M37h3w3

Question

I'm getting more than a little tired of hosts who upon getting downed by the G3, abort mission to avoid the bolt, thus resulting in everyone else in the group disconnecting and getting taken back to the main menu. Last time it happened two of the three were dead and the last one was being fisted by me and two other Valkyrs.

So it is possible for me to solo them on my own with an unForma'd Boltor Prime and unForma'd Valkyr?

I want Brakk. I've had many G3 encounters. I have no Brakk parts.

22 answers to this question

As people said, as long as you make good use of Hysteria along with a decent melee weapon to increase your attack speed (does it still do that?), you'll be fine I believe.

I don't know if they're still vulnerable to it, but I remember them falling on their butt even from a jump attack. If that's true, you should try this while in Hysteria by doing a jump attack and then performing the ground finisher on them. It should deal very high damage.

What will it take?

Well, some situational awareness to begin with, then a high degree of control combined with some serious firepower. The biggy is not getting blindsided by them. They can bring the pain to the unwary.

Since they're unique grineer, they are (last I checked) typical of grineer heavy units, so you need radiation and (if you can manage it) viral to take them down as quickly as possible. A really big gun helps (Detron and/or BoltorP spring to mind--though I recall a real arse-whooping delivered to the G3 by a 5-forma Boar Prime on one occasion).

CC is vital. If they can't do much, then it just becomes a matter of smokechecking them with your weapon of choice. However, if you don't see them coming (or miss even one), they can put some serious hurt on you, so a durable 'frame isn't a bad idea just in case things don't go as planned.

Worst case, bring a lot of team health restores and drop a ton of them when you get taken under fire. It can save you from a bleed proc.  

I've killed them with RhinoP (stomp), Zephyr (tornados and hard to hit), Trinity (reflected damage and heals),  Nyx (all sorts of surprises for them), Saryn (oh boy...), and most dramatically with Valkyr. Valk is the best way to deal with them all considered. In fact, the degree of mayhem Valky can bring to this fight almost makes you feel sorry for the dumb oafs. Almost.

Boarprime.png

Just add corrosive damage.

Have it. Thought they were heavy armor though.

If you're going to go the Valkyr route, I'd recommend Dual Zoren. Her huge stamina pool means more coptering, and they benefit Hysteria pretty well.

Dual Ichors just as good?

What will it take?

Well, some situational awareness to begin with, then a high degree of control combined with some serious firepower. The biggy is not getting blindsided by them. They can bring the pain to the unwary.

Since they're unique grineer, they are (last I checked) typical of grineer heavy units, so you need radiation and (if you can manage it) viral to take them down as quickly as possible. A really big gun helps (Detron and/or BoltorP spring to mind--though I recall a real arse-whooping delivered to the G3 by a 5-forma Boar Prime on one occasion).

CC is vital. If they can't do much, then it just becomes a matter of smokechecking them with your weapon of choice. However, if you don't see them coming (or miss even one), they can put some serious hurt on you, so a durable 'frame isn't a bad idea just in case things don't go as planned.

Worst case, bring a lot of team health restores and drop a ton of them when you get taken under fire. It can save you from a bleed proc.  

I've killed them with RhinoP (stomp), Zephyr (tornados and hard to hit), Trinity (reflected damage and heals),  Nyx (all sorts of surprises for them), Saryn (oh boy...), and most dramatically with Valkyr. Valk is the best way to deal with them all considered. In fact, the degree of mayhem Valky can bring to this fight almost makes you feel sorry for the dumb oafs. Almost.

How about Phage with rad? As per control, I do have Vauban avaliable, heard Bastille makes them sitting ducks, but he's still squishy even with a R7(?) Redirect.

I have seen a Valkyr solo on G3 but the date on that vid was from February, makes me nervous with boss scaling now on PS4.

Edited by (PS4)M37h3w3

They have less attack speed, IIRC. The copter potential isn't quite as magnificent either.

They have the same attack speed and everything else they have is either as good or better.

But for best Hysteria dps, use Dragon Nikana.

The easy way to take them solo which is what I do. Excalibur with a mean primary, or secondary... Just keep blinding them every couple of seconds, and shooting them. They won't attack back, and they will die.

Easy, and simple. Excalibur is the Bane of G3.

Boss scaling won't matter to a properly constructed Valkyr. Fact is, she's their kryptonite, pure and simple. It might affect the length of the fight, but it's going to end the same regardless.

Last I ran into them was a few weeks ago (PC of course) with Valkyr and she basically cleaned their clocks in seconds. This fight almost always goes the same: two go down to rad/viral ichors, then when Valk's health hits 300-odd from the inevitable bleed procs, she goes to claws and the real beatdown commences.

Sometimes, the last one will run, but it won't change anything.

Boss scaling won't matter to a properly constructed Valkyr. Fact is, she's their kryptonite, pure and simple. It might affect the length of the fight, but it's going to end the same regardless.

Last I ran into them was a few weeks ago (PC of course) with Valkyr and she basically cleaned their clocks in seconds. This fight almost always goes the same: two go down to rad/viral ichors, then when Valk's health hits 300-odd from the inevitable bleed procs, she goes to claws and the real beatdown commences.

Sometimes, the last one will run, but it won't change anything.

I might have more problems since my Vitality and Steel Fiber are both low. R6 and R4 respectively.

I've faced them a few times mostly with my 'She's but the out come is usually the same. They spawn I hit them with 1-2 bursts of Sicarus prime each I get on my way. And this is a simple potato sicarus p with no forma

Seriously they aren't hard if you move around use cover and aim for weak points. Now if only stalker was as fun then I'd fear them so called tennis assassins ('She's had base shields and no real big mods since I had recently forma'd her. Had she been at full power they'd been toast in a single buddy

Dont panic

^ This

The first time I ran into them solo I had no clue where they came from so I panicked and got owned.

The second time I was more aware and used the terrain to block their shots while I focused on one at a time. It was rough but I managed to kill all three even without the best or ideal weapon set up.