Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De]Glen Appreciation Post

Vargras

Felt this needed to be done. With support for DX10 being added, as well as more load time optimizations, I think it's only fair that we thank Glen (and the other tech staff, if there are any. Never hear much about you guys!) for the work they've done.

It's not as flashy as new content, but it's still vital and much appreciated.

you forgot to mention the StrictNAT efforts. which i believe should be the crowning achievement.

improvement to existing performance is always nice, but alleviating issues that keep players from being able to actually be a part of the larger community is superb. kudos!

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Humility is a good thing, but you DO good things.

Those of us who actually read the forums (As opposed to reading little bits and pieces and then venting our spleens because we can) know what you do and why. Keep up the good work.

I'd send you and the other guys working behind the scenes a homemade triple layer vanilla and chocolate ruffle cake. 
But I don't know how well that would work out. 
And I can't bake cakes. 
Please accept this theoretical cake instead, it's much more delicious than real cake if you believe it is and it has lower calories too. 

Edited by LukeAura

Felt this needed to be done. With support for DX10 being added, as well as more load time optimizations, I think it's only fair that we thank Glen (and the other tech staff, if there are any. Never hear much about you guys!) for the work they've done.

It's not as flashy as new content, but it's still vital and much appreciated.

I definitely agree. Glen has been doing a really great job of posting interesting threads about the behind the scenes work going on and various system-level changes and what they mean for the players. This is very helpful, thanks Glen!