Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Faith In De About 14.5

bones7056

So i read here and another forum. The full announcement about 14.5 and the event (whatever you want to call it) was posted there as usual. But a little something different happened this time.

The message that came today mentioned a new resource. It literally killed all the hype. There wasn't even a second of hype after everyone who read it. The responses were all about it  and such "ice will melt" and other horrible things (all guess's) 

So i want to know, anyone here who also got the hype train's gear locked in break's? 

The only minor issue I have with new resources is when literally every new content has to use them for some reason.

As long as new weapons (besides the new freeze ray gun) doesn't always use them as part of their build process, I'll be fine with it.

Cryotic sounds like a resource we'll use in Focus.

Notice how our 'New Associate' claims he can help us, as our Warframes are simply not enough?

Still speculation.

Mind blown.

Also people stop getting hyped, even if something does turn out to be good over hyping can still lead to disappointed. 

This is what happens when you take the chill pill too early. You clearly did not read the manual that was handed to you when you boarded the hype train. By the time you read this we're already too many light years away from you, but don't worry we'll be back when the update is out : D

Cryotic can easily be placed in the new tileset, since there are doubles of each resource in other planets. This doesn't concern me. As long as it is worth getting, I won't care less.

Also, I just save myself by not boarding the hype train entirely. It keep me from being disappointed. I just see what comes next and work with it.

Edited by R34LM

Notice how our 'New Associate' claims he can help us, as our Warframes are simply not enough?

Still speculation.

Ehhhhh, I'm not sure I want any new resources for focus. I mean, the point of focus is to make it so there's a reason to use level 30 gear again. Locking that reason behind yet another farmwall would be blargh.

Still speculation.

From now on, I am going to call our 'New Associate' 'A New Secret Admirer'

Im not a big fan of limited resources as 6th form takes a lot of my time

but if you arent a fan of a single resource to me it doesnt matter, what keeps me in this game is the gameplay

so crafting difficulties dont matter since the gameplay is awesome

All I know is my gut says maybe.

I'm hyped. I don't care if it degrades like Argon. Argon isn't annoying. It can't be worse than Oxium, and oxium's still not bad what with Baal, Europa being around.

And even then, are people really complaining about something else to do in the game?

To be fair: both sides have a valid point. While we can only speculate on the introduction and use of a new resource and whether it will be implemented correctly, it's reasonable to be concerned. DE hasn't always made the best decisions, and people call this game GrindFarm for a reason.

While we can believe that cryotic could be used in the Focus system [which we have had no updates about for months], it's just as easy to believe that DE will introduce ANOTHER, different resource at that time for use in Focus, and cryotic won't be used at all.

Again, while we can only speculate, DE is far from perfect, and shouldn't be treated like it is.