Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

Im a little bit dissapointed about the latron wraith and i dont think im the only one. I mean, this is an EVENT weapon ,a LIMITED edition weapon that no one will ever be able to get after the 14.5 event so i think it should at least be as good as the Latron Prime.

anyway, i created this topic so people could write their changes ideas to make the latron wraith better and if we are lucky DE might read this and consider changing it.

yeah it's not supposed to be better then the prime but i do understand you, honestly it has some pretty great pros compared to the prime and i do prefer it over my latron prime that is just... meh, not fun to use IMO, the latron wraith is better... with more reliable high damage and faster fire rate

If i got it right from past Devstreams, event weapons and new prime weapons/warframes are picked by the artist, based on what they at that moment think would look best with the new skin or design. So basicly the event weapons are picked for how good they work as canvas for the new skin. Keep that in mind when wondering about the next event weapon.

The Latron with it's stock and grip just lended itself well to the red ring shape that all Wraith skins got and the other markings.

So chances are we might aswell have gotten a Sicarus Wraith, a Boar Wraith or Aklato Wraith instead. The artist don't care about the current weapon balancing.

As for stats. Judging by all previous event weapons, the focus lies in giving them an edge over their base version to make them a superior alternative to them, not automatically outclassing all other weapons of the same category.

On the other hand, this is nothing new. People complained about the Machete Wraith, the Gorgon Wraith and the Dual Viper Wraiths when they didn't turn out to be outclassing everything else.

I wonder if people will complain about their Strun Wraith not being superior to the Strun once that one comes out?

I'm only interested in a Glaive Wraith. If you hit a target, it goes through them, changes direction, does not use a "bounce" and uses the Soul Energy of the previous victim to add a combo multiplier. During hectic Survival missions you just throw it and go make a pot of coffee.

EDIT: Also add a new scream from the victims as their souls are eaten by the Glaive Wraith and used as fuel.

Edited by DSpite

And I think the odds actually favour the Wraith. 

on paper, yes.

it has less applicable performance than LatronP has though. it doesn't meet it's potential quite as much as LatronP does.

but they should both be considered about equal. they're in the same Class of Weapon, but they do fill different roles. 

From what I calculated you can get a 74% chance crit and 7.0x multiplier for crit damage once modded with Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hammer Shot, etc... Its better than the Latron Pirme in the way that it can deal consistant crits with quite high damage if your aim is good. Its almost as if it were designed for a crit build. Any other build and it falls inferior to the Latron Prime.

Honestly I thought I was gonna be dissapointed but I'm actually very pleased with it. Though I still prefer the Latron P. There's just something I like more about it than the Wraith. But I can't tell :/

I think the only thing the wraith could have is more accuracy and a 'beefier' fell.  It seems like the recoil is making the gun flimsy and when I think semi-auto battle rifles I usually associate them with more grunt.

recoil seems the same as latron p. it just only seems like it has more recoil because of the faster firerate. fire it the same rate as latron prime to see for yourself.

So after looking round the forums a bit I see people complaining about the Latron Wraith and I straight up don't get it... So here's a thread to counter them.

So i'm gonna start and end this thread with the Braton. The braton has a Normal, Vadul and Prime Version.

And they go in that order as far as 'power' so why does the wraith need a boost? It's Different to the Latron prime and better than the Latron.

The Braton Damage Per Second: 

Normal: 176

Vandul: 189.6

Prime: 220.88

As you can see with the other Braton Trio, the difference between Vadul->Prime is much greater than the Normal->Vandul.

The difference of 31.28 compared to 13.6 for the second pair.  In this respect the lower damage of the Latron Wraith is actually reasonably ok.

The Latron DPS:

Normal: 226.8

Wraith: 297.54

Prime: 352.8

So if we compare the differences, the Wraith is actually far stronger than the Braton Vandul in regards to raw DPS and this is ignoring the fact the Wraith has Higher RoF and a much higher crit chance. 70 odd for Normal->Wraith compared to 50 odd for Wraith->Prime...

So I'm gonna leave it at that, if you look at pure DPS number the Latron Wraith does more damage than it should, compared to one of the other weapons with 3 variants the braton, in regards to the relative damage between each step.

TL;DR:  THe Latron is actually more powerful than it should be compared to another 3 variant weapon and you should stop crying because it's fine for 7k runs on europa.

Edited by BritishBob

From what I have gathered, many threads wanting a buff to the Latron Wraith incorrectly compare it to the Latron Prime. The Latron Wraith is not a variant of the Prime, but rather of the normal Latron, and as such is much better than the original. Not to mention that both the Wraith and the Prime serve different functions, and can be modded to excel at those functions, while also able to be modded to serve the functions of the other (although not as well).

From the builds I've seen on Warframe Builder, the Latron Wraith seems a lot stronger than what the stats would suggest.

Plus the increased firerate makes it a lot of fun.

From what I have gathered, many threads wanting a buff to the Latron Wraith incorrectly compare it to the Latron Prime. The Latron Wraith is not a variant of the Prime, but rather of the normal Latron, and as such is much better than the original. Not to mention that both the Wraith and the Prime serve different functions, and can be modded to excel at those functions, while also able to be modded to serve the functions of the other (although not as well).

This is both true.

And for crit builds the Latron Wraith is technically better than the Prime because of the higher crit chance.

depending on the players skill.....latron wraith is actually buffer than latron prime....it has a higher damage potential if you are good with headshots

This also true. 56k-100k headshots with mirage and the Latron on Level 40 infested I fail to see the bad part...
Edited by BritishBob