Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Balanced - The Final Gate

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

I think Trinity is the only Warframe in the game that is almost completely balanced as she is.  She holds up very well in high level content, but she is also not overwhelmingly strong in low level content.  All of her skills except for one are very, very useful and I use them all on her builds.  The one skill that is lacking is Well of Life.  I think it could use one small change that would make the  skill a literal life-saver.

If you target a bleeding out Tenno with Well of Life, it will instantly revive them.

I think this perfectly fits her role as a support healer frame.  It needs to be targeted, you need line-of-sight, and it has a limited range so it would not be OP. It would be invaluable in high level content because too often you can end up going down while trying to get someone else up. 

This is the perfect solution. It is highly useful at all levels, is not OP, and it would leave Trinity as the first frame that is perfectly balanced in all aspects.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

I don't like this idea. If it were so, people would carry an unranked Well of Life on them at all times, and they could just boop people to max health for as little as 6.25 energy. Currently, having to stand over someone and revive them adds a sort of risk to reviving people, as you are unable to move or defend yourself. If you could just instantly do it from a distance, though, then everyone will want a Trinity to just stand somewhere safe, keep using Link+Blessing+Energy Vampire, and just instantly bring everyone else back to life if she fails to heal them. It's almost like a crutch at this  point, especially when you consider all her other abilities (including Well of Life at the present) are designed to stop people from going down in the first place.

Considering certain Blessing builds can easily give people more than 99% damage reduction, I think being able to instantly resurrect someone would be a bit too much. Her goal is to keep people alive, and she can all too easily do that and more, considering she can also keep their energy maxed out.

Finally, this would basically overshadow the recent buff to Renewal that allows it to slow bleedout and cause everyone else to entirely dismiss that, which would bring many people's mindset back to pre-buff Oberon. "Why have bleedout be slowed when someone else can just entirely negate it? With a 1 instead of a 3, as well?" This really seems more like trying to one up than anything.

I see this being a problem with Trinity casting blessing to give herself invincibility when near death, and then running around casting this unfortunately. I see a lot of carry if this happened

Blessing doesnt give invincibility anyone, at least it didnt gave last time i used her. It gives you dmg reduction wich sounds really good, but high lvl enemies sees it only minor setback. OP good idea. Aiming at downed ally may be quite difficult in hectic battles, especially against infested though...

Finally, this would basically overshadow the recent buff to Renewal

Irrelevant.  I already offered suggestions on how to make Renewal highly useful and make Oberon a viable alternative to Trin, but this is not the thread for it. 

Anyway, we should not be gimping Frames because other frames are unbalanced.  We should should just balance those other frames as well.

Well maybe a suggestion to go with this without going as far as instantly revive them is that the revive percentage time is doubled compared to a normal revive (aka a player gets revived in half the time of a normal revive) and if you fail the revive the person being revived automatically gets reset to a 20 second revive time? Makes revives easier and harder for somebody to die without removing the risk of getting downed as a result of reviving a downed player.

Instead of instantly reviving them, it should just stop their bleedout timer from decreasing for the duration of the ability. Maybe even bring the timer back up to 20 seconds.

That isn't going to get people to consider taking WoL over something else.  That is a lateral movement, not a balance.

Well maybe a suggestion to go with this without going as far as instantly revive them is that the revive percentage time is doubled compared to a normal revive (aka a player gets revived in half the time of a normal revive) and if you fail the revive the person being revived automatically gets reset to a 20 second revive time? Makes revives easier and harder for somebody to die without removing the risk of getting downed as a result of reviving a downed player.

A skill still has the risk because you still have limited range and need line of site.  All the change would do is make it safer for Trinity to revive others at the costs of energy, and it would make a bad skill worth using without it being OP.

I had a similar idea for Well of Life in terms of utility: downed players could shoot enemies marked with Well of Life to be revived with the amount of HP it would have healed. The idea is that it would increase the risk factor of Blessing for a higher reward - using a lower-output sidearm for lower health gain from Well, followed by using Blessing for an increased mitigation bonus.

The idea of instant revive, no matter the cons to it, just seems like a bad idea IMO. It would cause trinity players to just spam revive to any tank that goes down, with no risk really. Revives should pose a sense of risk, or else it just becomes too easy. Perhaps it should reduce the revive timer, or be able to revive at a range as long as your are standing still while casting it (stuck there casting it in a reduced revive animation)

That isn't going to get people to consider taking WoL over something else.  That is a lateral movement, not a balance.

A skill still has the risk because you still have limited range and need line of site.  All the change would do is make it safer for Trinity to revive others at the costs of energy, and it would make a bad skill worth using without it being OP.

I do believe you dont understand the meaning of the word "Lateral"

Its an improvement

The skill becomes more useful

Its not lateral

The idea of instant revive, no matter the cons to it, just seems like a bad idea IMO. It would cause trinity players to just spam revive to any tank that goes down, with no risk really. Revives should pose a sense of risk, or else it just becomes too easy. Perhaps it should reduce the revive timer, or be able to revive at a range as long as your are standing still while casting it (stuck there casting it in a reduced revive animation)

Have you played Borderlands, especially the OP Levels? Instant revives are not OP, and they are not a free pass, especially if you give them a longer  cool down.

Have you played Borderlands, especially the OP Levels? Instant revives are not OP, and they are not a free pass, especially if you give them a longer  cool down.

Cooldowns don't exist in Warframe though, and Blessing only requires 25 energy, I don't see how they aren't. As long as they're revived and given an opportunity to run away (there's an invulnerability timer after getting revived), it becomes less of a tactical way to revive your friendlies and more of a near invincibility spam ability

Cooldowns don't exist in Warframe though, and Blessing only requires 25 energy, I don't see how they aren't. As long as they're revived and given an opportunity to run away (there's an invulnerability timer after getting revived), it becomes less of a tactical way to revive your friendlies and more of a near invincibility spam ability

Cool downs do exist, in a way.  You just use well of life on a player to revive them.  Once they are up the skill active timer starts, just like it would when you WoL an enemy.  Until that time runs out you can't use the skill again. That is an effective cool down timer.

At max power duration, you would have an effective cool down timer of about 34 seconds between skill revives.