Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #36

[DE]Rebecca

My first question:Will we ever be able to change the polarities that have been added with forma without the need to re forma? It can be just like the swap polarity in the actions menu but to modify polarities that have been added with forma. Instead of changing a polarity again wasting a forma and ranking the weapon up again.

My next question is: Will kubrow beeding,kubrow egg stealing (1 egg only?),and removing from stasis have the time it takes to do these things reduced?

The incubator takes a bit to long to finish building and should be a minute or an hour.

Kubrow hatching and maturing takes so long, especially when I keep getting the races I already have(sahasa and sunika).

Another issue with this is not being able to have more than 1 egg which I would like to know why.

3 Hours for switching kubrows is too long, why not let us switch companions like we do with sentinels? The plat rush for removing the kubrow from stasis should not be there, why DE.

Thank you for your time.

PS. I got a raska now, just checked as I was typing this.

One big question for people who didnt ahve a way to play the game prior to loki prime access.

Can we have the previous prime access accessories become purchasable through the prime access webpage minus say the affinity and credit boosters?

Kind of feel screwed that i didn't have a PC that was better than a toaster until around that time and made investing in this amazing game counter productive since i couldnt even play it.

Also I know you said no excal prime coming back, but how about we get an Ecal Prime V2 that has some downgraded stats? I just want the look of the frame to be honest and don't care if it has the buffed stats or not. Big fan of customization here.

Edited by Fr0z3nF0x

1. faster weapon switching. now!

2. user created quests: how can we work with the assets and make rewards worthwhile without making the voids obsolete?

3. are there more collectible statues planned?

4. more glaxion changes! make it instantly freeze enemies for 'x' seconds

5. any update on any buyout/PWE situation?

Edited by angrykenji

Yay a new Devstream! *squees and spazzes*

*ahem* Okay, so first off, hi to all the Devs again, it’s good to see you back after Gamescom (which was awesome btw). Secondly, I have a few questions if you all have the time and inclination to answer them. A couple touch on some stuff I’ve asked before, but aren’t quite the same so I hope that’s alright.

Alright, to start, naming Kubrows is awesome, so thank you! It adds a whole other level of connection to them that you just don’t get with Sentinels. That said, there are a few inconsistencies that I’m wondering about (some of which I’m sure people have already asked but for the sake of my sanity I’m going to ask too, so sorry >.<; ).

1.) Why the three hour Kubrow defrost? I think it’s likely that this feature was input due to the fact that Kubrows are living things, not machines like Sentinels, so it makes more sense that they would be harder to take in and out of “storage”, so to speak, than a machine would be. However, three hours is quite long, especially because the only way to get around it is to spend platinum. Could we perhaps at least see this time cut down, maybe to something like half of what it is now so we only need to wait an hour and a half to an hour on defrost times?

2.) With Kubrows having a 3 hour defrost, customizing them is a tad cumbersome. As it is the only way to customize their colors and patterns is to equip them first, and a Kubrow must be past its 3 hour defrost to be equipped. If there is always going to be a wait time between Kubrows being taken out of stasis and them becoming active, could we perhaps see that customization moved to the Incubator menu so it can be altered while the Kubrow is still defrosting so we aren’t forced to wait three hours between alterations on different animals? It just seems a little excessive that if I want to change the pattern or color of one of my Kubrows that I don't have equipped at that moment, I have to wait three hours each time.

3.) Will there ever be an option to rename a Kubrow, perhaps through a platinum shop item purchase?

4.) Is there any talk about letting us see the type of Kubrow we have before naming them aside from having to rely on seeing what mods appear in our inventories (which can occasionally be glitchy)?

5.) Will we ever get the option to use only one genetic imprint when breeding Kubrows instead of needing two each time, especially if we’re only after something like a particular pattern or color set and wish things like gender, breed, or size to be randomized?

6.) Is there any talk of streamlining the breeding system in any way? In particular, is there any talk of being able to pick only a specific trait or two (like a pattern, color, breed, etc.) that we could keep off of a genetic imprint (or two) and being able to randomize all other variables?

Personally, I imagine this as a bit like the old Guild Wars 2 transmutation system, where in one window you would have the option to select the traits you want to keep, and in another window you would have button to select “Random”. If you didn’t want to randomize anything perhaps you would have two windows, each one showing the options you could choose from from each imprint. Whatever you selected, be it specific traits from your genetic imprint(s) or a randomize option, would slide over into a final window that would give a preview of the final traits before giving you the option to confirm your choices. A bit like this:

Transmutation-Stone.jpg

(Videos of specifically how this works can be found on youtube. I'll link a good video when I can move computers and actually get youtube to work for me lol)

On another topic, since Kubrows can be named is there any news on us being able to name our Sentinels too? I still want paint my Dethcube white, pink, and grey and name it Companion Cube. xD

Finally, I remember hearing a long time ago the idea thrown around about giving Sentinels personality. Is this still an idea?

Thanks for listening guys, and sorry for the essay. Take care.

Edited by Jeahanne

First thanks for all your hard work DE I truly enjoy Warframe and it is the game I spend the majority of my time playing these days so again A big THANK YOU! from me. 

My question is about the 3 hour wait time out of stasis for our beloved Kubrows. I have one of each type of Kubrow but because of the three hour wait time i find myself never switching and using the other ones. My game playing time varies and sometimes i can squeeze in an hour here or there pick a mission and wish i was able to bring a different Kubrow with me but i know i wont be able to for 3 hours so I forget it and keep the one out or switch back to a Sentinel (which has no wait time to change) Please explain the reasoning behind a 3 hour wait time for this I understand its a living being coming out of stasis but 3 hours it just does not seem viable for me to ever switch when i do not know which node or nodes ill be playing on from mission to mission. Please reevaluate the 3 hour wait or at least give us a plausible reason as to its purpose. Thanks

And again THANK YOU DE for all your hard work keep it up. 

Edited by Vairent

- The enemy scaling formulas are out of whack. When will they get fixed?

- Drop lists are overflowing with ability mods. Fix when?

- Void rewards are still streaky. Fix when?

- The 14.5 absorb change made is useless for high level play and opened the player to griefing. Now other people can drain all of Nyx's energy! When do you plan to fix this?

- The new mod menu uses more space to display the same information as before and both th chat window and a 3D model of the warframe sit on top of it for some reason. When can we get a usable UI again?

- Dark Sectors are buggy, boring, and imbalanced. Do you plan to return them to PvE or do you plan to push forward despite the pvp mode being so unpopular?

- Everything about the kubrows is punishing and a pain in the neck. They are not endgame viable yet too expensive for new players. Any plans to fix them?

- Screenshake! It's worse than ever before. When can we see a fix?

Edited by Synthua

I'm curious about the "focus" system I've heard rumors about.  I find the idea that you could stick with a Spectra or some random weapon a really long time to give it prestige levels for extra slots/traits/whatever interesting.  Though as far as I know there hasn't been much said about it since it was originally brought up.

Also, I understand certain polarities had associations with old systems (like D (Vazarin?) and Frost abilities), however it seems like there's a very uneven application of these polarities such that on weapons, you tend to only have 2 or 3 mods total that use D, and everything else is the V or --.  Weapons traits ignore this though, with some starting with a D polarity which just begs not to be used.  Is there a plan to add more polarity variety or retool such things?

1. What happened to the focus system for end game?

2. What happened to the generic ability mods to customize your warframe?

3. Will there be a new set of interchangeable weapons for the Archwing system?

4. Why is the Kubrow system so infuriating? I can't be on all the time. I would rather have a set amount of uses per day based on your level. Having to keep up with the Kubrow so much just to use it for a few runs is annoying. 

5. Will there ever be a PvP system attached to the invasion mission type?

7. When are you implementing the hubs? 

6. Thanks for the great game.

It's been months and still we haven't heard ANY news regarding the promised in game Void reward tables. Unless I missed something, you promised to put a reward table in game. As of now, I still have to either remember the rewards or keep alt+tabbing to check the official reward post

1.  Why don't you use this page for your time announcements?  It's so much easier for folks to find their local time!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Devstream+%2336&iso=20140905T14&p1=179&ah=1&am=15

2.  Any chance of changing the Mods Filters to radio buttons (or a dropdown) instead of the current functionality?

3.  Can we expect some parity of controls between the PC/PS4/XBox One moving forward?  The current control scheme I've been using on PC is currently impossible to configure on the XBox One due to the merged crouch/slide/roll button.  :(

Thanks, I look forward to watching the stream on YouTube since it's going to be on at 4AM here.  :(

1. We still haven't seen Proxy Wars or Focus. An update would be appreciated.

2. Show us some Archwing stuff. You know, you really ought to just steal some mechanic ideas from Strike Suit Zero while you're at it.

3. The first anniversary of Gradivus is coming up, but the invasion system feels very old and very outdated right now. What with going outside ships, Pvp, and general mechanics improvement, I think it's time for Invasion 2.0, perhaps tied into Proxy Wars.

4. Do you have any plans to add more solar bodies into the game - Io, Ganymede, Titan - as their own planets? This could be a solution once you run out of planets to put tilesets on.

5. Are we getting more wildlife, and perhaps a new pet?

6. Do you have any plans for a new Orokin tileset beyond the Void and the Derelict?

7. Any love for Kela De Thaym left?

With the inclusion of the Quest System 1.0 and New Player Experience 2.0, will Events like Operation Sling Stone or Arid Fear, be re-intriduced to new players to both expose them to the mission type and the lore that came with the event?

For example: After murdering my way through Mercury and Venus, and I finally am ready to tackle Earth, the first Sabotage mission would initiate the "Cicero Crisis" quest, which would immerse the player into both the Codex System and Earth Sabatoge.

Or Ceres, Hijack for Tethra's Doom, or maybe the first Void Capture key acquired would start the Arid Fear quest.

Of course event rewards would remain exclusive, so Gorgon Wraith and etc would stay limited time only.

These quests would have to happen linearly as does the lore. The Gravidus Dilemma for example would be a quest that triggers it's mission over Jupiter and Saturn but the faction chosen for the preset nodes "under invasion" would be up to the player's choice just as the Gravidus Dilemma was.

I think this system would be an effective way to reintroduced lore to players if they weren't from Update 6 or prior, as Warframe's lore is adaptively progressing. Of course situations like Eris, Infected Ship tileset would bring for rearrangement of the nodes to fit proper distribution for the New Player.

Any news on the Focus System?

Any news on the HUBs?

Any news on the Proxy Wars?

How will quests be expanded?

What Warframe is next up for a rework/buff?

Will void maps/enemy types ever get reworks?

What Lore items are slated to be added into WarFrame next?

What other high-end content does DE have in the works?

Will the Sentients make an appearance soon?

What is the status on the Enemies of the Tenno units?

What boss is getting a rework after Nef Anyo (and the inclusion of Derf)?

When will friendly NPC units/friendly NPC Factions be added? Oracles of Saturn? Vandals? Red Veil? Civilian Colonists? And others?

When is parkour getting a 2.0?

When is stealth getting a 2.0?

Will there be any buffs/alterations to Endless Mission types to make them more lively/less monotonous?

What mission type is next up for rework?

Enemy AI, when will it get a buff/deeper rework?

Will the dialogue of in-game units be expanded to be more interactive to player actions? (All NPC's including Enemy Units, Lotus, Vay Hek, Ordis, and others)

Will we getting more tilesets/planets/playable mission areas?

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Question 1:

I just want so badly the new hubs... To see my friends, all to gether in this place... Dojo is cool and all, but it just doesn't do it for me... When are we getting more information for these hubs!? That's all i want... :( Warframe is awesome, but the hubs will make it even more awesome...

Do we have any information about the hubs?

Question 2:

Ship customization... when is it coming?

Question 3:

Will we have any customization over Archwing? Like looks, color choice, will we be able to mod it?

Question 4:

I really enjoyed the way mirage was handled with the quest and all. Will we be getting more quest for previous frames and or future missions?

I would really like to play some lore related quest. Maybe someday possibly have something like that?

Question 5:

What is the status of the quenes? Are they coming update 15 aswell?

(less serious questions below)

Question 6:

Armor for kubrows? (plllleeeeeaaaasseee)

Question 7:

I would love to see some more playe-rmade things. Could we ever possibly get something that will let us create our own texturs, for frames, weapons, and ect?

Question 8:

Can I get some sort of 'photobooth' to take pictures of my warframes, and make a custom profile picture?

And that is is from me. :D Thanks.

1.As everyone else has said,kubrow waiting times between switching,why? To be honest thats just another reason for us to never take our kubrows out of the fridge,also,improvements for their AI and pathing anytime soon?

2.Again mentioned by people,braton prime and the braton series in general? Lets not forget that the DC was given a poll on which weapons should get a balance pass(this is over a year ago) and the braton series came in THIRD,yet the ogris,snipers,etc etc all got a balance pass before the braton series,so is that series of weapons forever doomed to be forgotten as a lackluster group or is it actually getting a balance pass soon?

3.Future quests,will they include old events to reintroduce some parts of the lore to the newer players?

4.Frame balance passes,after oberon got,personally to be what was a mixed bag,but still a very welcome buff,whats next? I'd like to point out that nekros at the moment is generally wanted for nothing but his desecrate in order to combat RNG on the enemies for either loot or to prevent asphyxiation during survival missions,with a majority of the playerbase(myself included) being so dependant on desecrate that nekros might as well be called 'Desekrates',are there any plans to change that?

5.Argon,yes,that amazing noble gas we have to farm in the form of a crystal,while i understand the rationale of it,that you dont want veteran players just barreling through new content and be like 'lol,new weapon' and build it instantly with their massive inventory of resources,are there any plans to change how it decays or how rare it is at least? I have yet to see anyone actually even remotely like the argon resource,veteran player or otherwise.

6.Archwings,updates on them? Will they be RNG grinded out? Quests? Quests+RNG grind?

7.Finally,J-3 golem,any updates on this interesting revamped guy? Is there an ETA on when he'll make his grand enterance back into warframe as the boss of eris or is it still coming soon™?

Edit:

8.I suddenly remembered,mods,not to insult your statements on how diverse the mod builds can be in warframe due to the number of mods,but its only a half truth,yes,there are large numbers of possiblities in terms of mod builds,BUT only so many mods that are deemed mandatory,while the rest have either been deemed 'useless' due to them not being worth it compared to these 'must have' mods,or that they seem to be there merely for people who intend to mess around in missions.Will we ever get perhaps 2-3 'utility' slots that may require much less energy to put these 'useless mods' in to create more diversity or are they to stay as mods everyone has but no one uses?

Edited by Celiex