Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #36

[DE]Rebecca

2 things I'd like to point out:

-The Proto-Excalibur is a skin, not a unique warframe on its own. It was available for a limited time to celebrate the one year open beta, in case you forgot.

The PS4 version is not even a year old, but I assume they will get something as well.

-The Founders pack, again I emphasis, cannot be brought back for legality reasons, even if DE wanted to do so.

Time for people to just shut up about it.

You're the one who started it though, the original post that you replied to said nothing about excalibur prime, you opened that can of worms. Also he never said a unique warframe he asked about a variant, what he's looking for are things like the proto skin which is a "variant". I replied to you within the context of the original question which did not specifically ask about unique separate warframes (excalibur>excalibur prime), so the example (excalibur>proto-excalibur skin) relates because it is a skin that alters excaliburs appearance i.e., a variant of excalibur.

1. Can each console get their own exclusive variants and weapons

2. U 14.5 when?

3. Any chance in speeding up cert times next update? Last time was painful

4. Any chance to get strun wraith for console? Thats not founders .... Believe it was a missed event

5. Can we ever get our clan emblem on our weapons ?

why do warframe abilities take up slots? does DE want to encourage builds that only use 1 or less powers? 

why not have the abilities just granted to each frame from the get-go? and then they could gradually gain effectiveness from rank 1-30d

or maybe we are eventually going to get alternate power kits? ie 4 more powers for each frame, to give us choices as what to slot? or are you still working on the 'generic' powers (IMHO 'generic' powers are not a good idea)

and how about those 'useless' mods? like warm coat/intruder/etc how are they ever going to be useful enough to be considered worth using? 

if the frame abilities didn't take up slots, we'd certainly have more room, but then again there would still be no reason to slot warmcoat/intruder/etc, unless they had dedicated 'utility' slots that functioned similar to the aura slots (ie only aura mods can go in there)

IMHO either the current 'useless' mods need incredible buffs, or we need more frame slots dedicated to utility, or freeing up the existing slots by making powers innate

lastly why can't we 'rank-down' mods? is this just for extra time-sink, so we have to have a dozen copies of every single mod at different ranks just to deal with the constant influx of new gear? once a mod is fully ranked up, allow us to adjust it on the fly and use it at different values (unless you really think its best that every player have 10+ copies of serration/vitality/etc at each different mod pt value)

Two questions, 

Kubrow wise, is height and build ever going to be a reliably transferred trait via imprints?

Game damage/build wise.

Is there going to be any enhancements to physical builds ie, more options for physical crit and status builds rather than the constant of only rainbow element builds for end game. I prefer the physical builds over elemental builds personally but you cannot deny they are completely inferior late game, due to lack of mods to truly enhance their innate abilities or crit.

I'd really like to see more physical crit builds or viable physical status builds like mass bleeds or lay down some rapid fire wep with puncture to keep everyone dancing.

I've noticed a handful of weapons include 0% crit but decent to high status chances, but I maybe wrong but last I checked there are none that are zero status chances but high crit.

I'd just like to see more variety end-game rather than "use these three elements vs this faction, these three vs this one, and finally these three for the last. 

Perhaps more mods of double physical mods like Rending Strike (across all weapon platforms).

Mods with options of one physical damage mod with crit chance, crit damage, or status.

They already scale worse than the elementals so maybe invent some combo physical elements once a certain "threshold" has been hit - so not every weapon in the game is affected, only those you've officially enhanced the physical elements to?

Slash + Impact = Shrapnel (aoe bleed proc - good vs infested)

Slash + Puncture = Pierce/Shred/Impale (piercing straight shot with bleed proc - good vs grineer)

Impact + Puncture = Battering (An enhanced version of the puncture stagger, small push back that causes body impact/collision damage and potential knock down if three or more units collide - good vs corpus.)

Currently almost every weapon end game is almost built exactly the same regardless of their fun mechanic and potential variances.

Perhaps then potentially fun unique mechanic mods like Hollow point  will get some more play.

Edited by Marfoir-Faolchu

1) Will Banshee ever get looked at? She seems like she's the most unused frame in-game

2) When will more weapon buffs come/ Will they come to make more start-game weapons nearly as viable as end-game weapons?

3) Are we still getting more infested units like said in one of the previous dev streams besides just infested MOA's? (Not including J3)

▬ How do you plan to *integrate* Archwing into the core gameplay?

... or are they only going to be a transitional mission sequence that everyone will eventually want to skip? I highly doubt spacecraft shooter will go well with space ninjas.

▬ Any plan to improve peer-to-peer session system, especially for Solar Rail conflict?

... such as better detection of network and computer spec for qualified hosting or using dedicated server. New players' experience in a terrible session will do no good, solo is better than a lagging squad.

▬ How will you address problems with host migration?

... is it possible to allow disconnected clients to migrate into their own hosted session instead of mission failure? This is also yet another problem in Solar Rail conflict when the losers decide to abandon the mission prematurely or use it as strategic griefing.

▬ Any plan to improve parkour, namely wallrunning, in organic (eg. Derelict, Earth) environments?

... I find it less enjoyable without that ninja element in those certain areas. (coptering is no-brainer boring :<)

▬ Any progress on relay hubs and gestures? :)

Edited by ntyd1s

Dark Sector Conflicts. What's behind the decision to turn them into the current PVP mode, which DE once promised never to do? And how does DE plan to resolve the issues behind current conflict issues, such as imbalance between warframe abilities, weapons and-God forbid- the connection problems people had been experiencing? 

Void drop tables/ Prime parts. Would it be a good idea to "circulate" the prime item drops between towers? Also DE once said in a livestream some months ago that they plan to have spare prime items used for other purposes. How did the idea go?

Brief-Simple

1. Mastery System- In major need of reform. When? How?

2.Ability Mods- Reasoning behind not pulling them out of the tables and putting them in the market?

3. Damage 2.0- Weapon fallout and Mods with placeholder stats. What will be done?

4. Melee-Small/Light Weapons are need a speed increase. When?

-Buff for glaives and/or glaive stance. (or) New glaive? New stance?

5. Survival-Improved spawn mechanics, enemy density, and oxygen drop rate. When?

First of let me say Archwing looks dope :-) so thank you for that, excited to see some gameplay! That being said I have 2 questions...

1. Can we get an update on the player social hubs? What's their status?

2. Will we ever see defense rewards stack? It has been talked about before can we get an update regarding this topic please.

Thank you for your time and keep making cool stuff in Warframe for meh!

As others have already put forth most of the same questions that I have, I have only one.

Can you change the foundry's rush mechanic so that the amount of platinum that is required to rush an item becomes a function of time.

This would be a simplified formula that you could use (L/T)*(P)=R

L = Time left to build

T = Total time required to build and item

P = Plat cost before you start build

R = Rush cost during build

The R variable would, of course, be rounded up to the nearest whole number.

I believe that this would encourage players to spend more plat as well as allowing those that have an odd amount left to use it up. 

Edited by Ambight

Okay guys (and Lotus), prepare for my usual list of questions(with pics this time)!!! :

0 ) Recent hints :

- Swimming mechanic : How will tenno abilities work underwater work? Will tenno get passive abilities aswell? (I'm thinking about Hydroid : he should be the fastest swimmer,and Ember would have a tiny handicap when using her power,Volt however...)How will the controls work,is it just swimming but staying on the surface,or is it really free roam diving/swimming in all directions? Will we get underwater griner units?Will we get wildlife aswell?

- How will the new Archwing ships events work? Is it pure random? Will our kubrow get the same device once it happens? Will the mission adapt to the tileset we were in?(I killed grineer in Saturn, and must extract with Archwings => majestic view of Saturn and its rings in the background)

I ) New enemies :

- the grineer kubrow units? Nobody's asking where these buddies are?

Livestream24_Kubrow1.jpg

- the Vulture/bird of prey concept? Could they possibly lead to an awesome pet addition?( Imagine yourself doing a mission with a genetically modified eagle on your shoulder...that'd just be amazing!)

640px-03_-_Upcoming_bird-type_enemy_for_

(shown in devstream 21,most likely a n Earth wildlife element.)

- Other wildlife concepts?outdoor maps & enemies in general lacks a bit of "life".(the next ones are supposed to appear in dojo aquarium. Or underwater levels maybe? ;) Source : devstream 15.)

- The new infested units? What is the status of the Pus ancient?The diseased ancient?Infested Moas?The devourer?

- Any news about J3-Golem?

- Enemies of the tenno submissions? A lot, a lot of our community's concepts are amazing and would simply put an end to the enemy variety issue, However, what is the progress towards the winners submissions?(Juggernaut,Disgorger,Manic grineer,Arcbomber,Riot moa...) Will you also add "losers" too? 

- Any stuff to show about Bosses rework? Tyl Regor,the Anyo family,Kela...

- Are you going to add other Elite units? Can these units have more advanced tactics than their original counterpart? (at the moment the Elite Lancer is the only elite enemy,and is just a slightly buffed lancer with a hood and a Hind in his hands... Seeing a menacing Elite heavygunner would be awesome!)

- Corrupted enemies lack of diversity, and Void drop tables could be split a little better. Do you plan to add corrupted enemies to the roster?

- A lot of weapons from the different factions aren't used by anyone. Isn't it a great opportunity to add enemies to the roster alongside those of our community?

- Are we getting a Void assassination? (and not just a bug or Void Vor?)

II )Where is the Liset's customization? (Interior/exterior customization. Sauce : devstream 32)

III ) Weapons :

- Where is Mio? When can we expect its arrival?

hEyzWy7.png

- Rapiers and Nunchuks are a long time requests. What do you think it about these?

IV ) Warframes appearance :

- Cloth physics?For Frost,Volt,Trinoty... (Sauce : the "Sword alone" trailer, devstream #25, 40'05".)

- Metallic/chromatic palette?

V ) Upcoming tiles :

- Do you have some stuff to show regarding the new underwater tileset, and even the expansion of the new Corpus one?

VI ) Stealth? Promised since devstream 8,it's been an eternal question.(One step in the right direction with the rescue event, and with the sound awareness of too loud invisible frames. But it still needs a lot of attention.)

- Rescue 2.0 is already here, Excavation is a new & refreshing experience. What about Spy 2.0 & Deception 2.0? We're space ninja but we barely behave as one.

-Stealth animations for enemies (shown in the devstream #8,15'40". Still not implemented.)

- Natural reactions to noises (again, devstream #8 at 15'40".)

-Stealth finishers for moa's...

VII ) Parkour/Movements 2.0?

- Geoff said in a previous devstream that it'd be a cool addition to grab ledges and be able to hang & move sideways. Will you implement this awesome feature in a near future?

- Wallrun feels too "sticky" right now, and we only have two directions choice. Can we be able to do it in a smoother way, with far more angles?

VII ) Old core gameplay mechanics fixes?

"A redistribution of the void drop tables to help with its long term health and increase the odds of getting gear you want." [D.E.]Sheldon,2013.

- When are you going to put the ability mods into the market? Farming for really important things just to end up with tons of slash dash is a little infuriating...

-Do you plan on bringing more gamemodes into the Void/Derelict? (bettr void drop dilution)

VIII ) Difficulty settings? Normal mode is challenging for beginners, but adding a hard mode for veterans in addition to nightmare mode(or even let them be able to play all nodes on nightmare mode) could surprise them aswell...

IX ) Tenno gardens/aquarium for the dojo? (like in the devstream #15)

X ) Warframe emotes? (sauce : devstream 21, 24'45".)

XI ) What about the Vesper relay space station you showed us in the devstream #22, 31'25"? Now that ships are here....That might become some serious business.

XII ) Enhanced kubrow animations?(shown in devstream 24,53'12") I might be wrong,but I didn't see any kubrow do these things in the sessions I joined.

- Will we be able to give kubrows simple orders to follow? (very useful mechanic, and they won't be comparable to sentinels anymore)

XIII ) More cutscenes?

- I remember watching the Xbox One trailer and see when Loki & Vauban make some sort of new entrance. Will we get other beginning cutscenes like that one? (even some with the Archwings?)

XIV ) Codex

Is it just me or the gamemode missions diorama just disappeared? Can we have them back in the codex for instance(or before logging in)? With an explanation of the different mission types & tips for beginners like how to deal effectively with survival missions,and so on... 

XV ) Warframe's ambience

Tilesets were much darker back in the days.We used our own flashlight and it really gave more atmosphere.Nowadays,we rarely get to use our flashlights : the game feels too bright for us veterans. Is it possible to bring this mood back in some circumstances?Or is it possible to make us able to hit/shut down the lights to remain less detectable?

Lastly, I might have a solution for those who really want the charge attacks brought back : why not putting them back in the stance mod and unlock them once the mod has reached its max level? We could also make them cost stamina/energy in order to avoid spamming. Therefore, you could ally these with your stance combos for more depth... And why not also make a melee 2.0 with more than one key?(normal/strong attack or normal/strong/charge attack)

XVI ) What are the chances of seeing the awesome Typhus & other concepts you showed during earlier prime times/devstreams ingame?(the Knight,Myst,..) Are you already working on him or a brand new guy? Do you have little things to show?

XVII ) Little hints on the next Prime frame?

XVIII ) When is Nekros getting some love(Nekros rework)? Terrify would be great if it acted as Banshee Silence, terrifying enemies in a cretain range. (watching the enemies with frightened animations in addition to those who run away desparately would also feel more satisfying : trembling, screaming...) He's a tenno Grim Reaper,not just a desecrater, for Lotus sake!

(Last question : Where are Grate prime, the hockey mask & Vr's bobblehead?)

what is the Devs view on how sniper-rifles are performing post-buff?

IMO they still need buffs to critrate to 40% (100% with point strike) and a way to achieve exactly 100% multishot to perform reliable oneshot-kills, instead of a dead enemy ~70% of the time

Edit: to the guy above me, yes, it was already stated in some devstream or other that we will be able to customize the Liset at some point in time, colour included

Edited by OnnaJReverT