Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #36!

[DE]Rebecca

Sounds like Mods & Powers have been allowed too broad a focus, if the development of Focus is stepping on the toes of both.

The discussion on wanting to restrict research into meaningful choices and branching paths seems to reflect the need to 'reign in design & mechanics' being an overall issue rather than an isolated problem.

Edited by Novocrane

I am deeply concerned about the remarks about how systems will be put in place that have industry and trade and clans will be encouraged to interact with eachother.

Personally I'm in a clan because of clan tech and because I wanted a place to hang out in.  I'm in a clan of one person.  I have absolutely no interest in interacting with other clans.  My entire experience with gaming says that road leads to egos, politics, and frustration.

Do. Not. Want. to see anything introduced that punishes less gregarious players by either forcing them to hobnob, ally, etc or to go without features and options.

Something to keep in mind.

I understand this 100%. My clan is a ghost clan, and there are really only two of us active. I left a mountain clan because

being a general and dealing with all the fuss just wasn't worth it, and it's hard to encourage people to fairly donate to clan-tech. 

This way I can build everything on my own, and the clan looks as I want it to. Solar rails and alliances were enough for me, and

I don't even participate in those. What is the point in having ghost or shadow clans, when they're pretty much forcing people into

interaction? At the end of the day, we're all going to have to join an alliance. 

Edited by ayaundwolf

Wait, what's all this about forced interaction with other people? I only play with those when I need someone to get shot at (or get clawed up by Chargers) so I can focus on attacking. It's like having a Specter deployed that I didn't have to sink my resources into, and I can have multiple active at once!

Sounds to me like a plan to make people groan as they reluctantly drop 150 plat on every new weapon that comes out. That's a smart business tactic, but that's not going to work on me unless you make another sniper rifle.

Archwing looked a lot better than I thought it would, so I'm very glad!

But still; I feel that at the moment DE should really be focusing a major update of polishing the existing content, not adding more. 

Plus actual story, we have chapter one (Vor's Prize) where are the rest? 

Okay finaly got around watching it.

Archwings:

I have to say, i'm not sure why we need something like this NOW when the game is still full of issue and the core gameplay is still heavily lacking in several areas.

It feels like you guys try to make the game fly before it can even run.

Archwing feels more like something that should come as grand add-on when the game is finished, when all mechanics are in place,  when placeholders are finaly removed, when people actualy have what feels like progress and endgame (as in things to do once you reached all the corners of the solar map and got your best weapons) isn't a few hundred people endlessly scaling survival and defense.

I have to say though that the gameplay does look impressive and gave me a bit of Freespace flashback, especialy with the idea of having to creep up on a juggernaut ships and take out it's turrets.

When ZOE was mentiod i had to remember Lost Planet 1. In Lost Planet you play someone fighting his way through various areas of an ice covered planet, fighting giant insects and an evil corperation, sometimes making use of mechs which were more or less just gun turrets with jumpjets. All was very grounded.

That is until the end when you get into a prototype mech suit and activate it's hidden function. Suddently you could fly endlessly, had laser blades and were fighting someone in another mech infront of a giant tower.

It's cool, but it comes completely out of the blue and feels like it doesn't belong in the game. This is a bit how Archwing feels right now.

However since you set your mind on it, i just hope that a. my toaster of a PC will be able to handle the space combat sim and b. that you will still keep in mind fixing up the rest of the game, instead of pooling all resources into this new mode.

New Infested:

Look cool. Hope they don't introduce too many cheap tricks which might feel annoying rather than challenging.

Also i hope you also start working on giving the base version more variation. Currently we have the same infested Corpus model for 80% of all common infested enemies.

It's also interesting to see how different they are to the metalic infested of Dark Sector. Instead of hardening everything with metal they make everything more squishy looking.

Stances:

Hey my question came up. Thanks.

I can understand what Sheldon has in mind, but it would be helpfull if at least ONE stance per weapon is an uncommon drop from common or uncommon enemies, rather than uncommon drops from enemies which might aswell not exist (Leech Ospreys).

Likewise RNG might not the best way to have players feel like they "earned" a stance mod, since it's all based on luck. Some new guy might get 3 in a row, while a veteran who killed thousands of these rare enemies might not get them. Who earned the mod more? So putting stances into Nightmare mode or as rewards for high level invasions could be a good alternative to luck based grind to get them.

Heavy melee buff:

Well lets see what Scott will try with it. 

Edited by Othergrunty

I'm convinced that a game can have several playstyles Vaug... ;)

Hyped for the social place & emotes aswell.

Yeah this game is supposed to be about team effort,but when all other frames keep getting nuked and loki (the stealth frame) keeps getting upgraded.It just seems like this stealth and loki is being forced on others. I'm still waiting on Volt to get his prime long overdue..

I got excited for a second after hearing about a possible return of charged attacks.

Make it happen, DE. For fun's sake make it happen! Not only for heavy melee, but for all melee. It will not hurt game in any possible way.

"And if you get any trouble with your girlfriend... you should privately message Scot..." middle name which I didn't completely understand "we'll give you a recommendation..." "and any general advice about the affair of sex he could, he could tell you." Noted... First question comes tomorrow *-*

Just watched the stream. 

@Archwing:   This is really ambitious, which some people don't seem to realise its Warframe 2.0 pretty much, all-new mechanics AND all-new gear with new abilities. And of course Im very concerned if DEL can pull it off properly.  Most frames still don't have 4 useful abilities and here come several space-gear suits with 4 unique abilities each? 

And this mode needs all new: enemies, maps, gameplay mechanics - then it will be great and fresh. Or it will be a short ride with low replayability.

And of course Im also concerned that this new mode is being developed at the expense of improving "normal" ground gameplay. 

@Balancing:  Wow the powercreep got noted?   Obviously this balancing will never work because it happens either in vacuum or relative to other -often overpowered -  weapons.  

DEL still doesn't have a reference point for balancing game difficulty and community tends to label everything weaker than Soma "useless" so there it goes: easy-boring game unless you wait for 30 min in endless missions. 

Time for global mods re-balancing with some serious nerfs to damage stacking (from multishot especially).

And Im really upset at just more dual mods, when the last thing we needed is more damage mods (and status stacking leads to pretty much more damage for most types).

@Nyx   "friendly damage... ¯\_(๏̯͡๏)_/¯ "    Now that DEL is convinced this change has killed the ability? dont spread hands in perplexity - remove friendly damage draining. Or just revert to what Absorb was before the change to continuous ability.

If DEL cant know every frame gameplay, cant playtest everything and foresee all the outcomes, that's what we are for - to playtest and tell how bad the change was. Developers just have to listen and solve the issues. 

And the saddest thing, is that it still seems like there is no dedicated designer for balancing, and Scott is too busy with developing new stuff.

I would gladly help to playtest and balance (and Im sure many other players would) 

Just watched the stream. 

@Balancing:  Wow the powercreep got noted?   Obviously this balancing will never work because it happens either in vacuum or relative to other -often overpowered -  weapons.  

DE* still doesn't have a reference point for balancing game difficulty and community tends to label everything weaker than Soma "useless" so there it goes: easy-boring game unless you wait for 30 min in endless missions. 

Time for global mods re-balancing with some serious nerfs to damage stacking (from multishot especially).

And Im really upset at just more dual mods, when the last thing we needed is more damage mods (and status stacking leads to pretty much more damage for most types).

And the saddest thing, is that it still seems like there is no dedicated designer for balancing, and Scott is too busy with developing new stuff.

I would gladly help to playtest and balance (and Im sure many other players would) 

indeed, we need mods max scale to 25% so enemy and weapons scaling will be much easiler, as well as pvp balancing will be somewhat possible. not only that, but mods will stop being more important than weapons themselves.

if there going to be any retards who will say: "with 25% you can't play on high level maps", i will be absolutely devastated by people's stupidity. 

so just in case we will have any Enstein bother to comment on this, i will give an example:

LV 0 | HP 200 / DMG 10 = 20 shots

LV 5 | HP 250 / DMG 12,5 = 20 shots

LV 30 | HP 400 / DMG 20 = 20 shots

notice how equal it can be for all levels, and that there is no huge gaps between levels

now let's take a look on current situation

LV 0 | HP 200 / DMG 10 = 20 shots

LV 30 | HP 4 000 / DMG 200 = 20 shots

notice the difference

200 and 400 

200 and 4 000

when mods act as mods, by making weapons perform better, it's good.

when mods act as they do atm, by rendering weapons useless without mods, we have what we have.

Edited by n7snk

http://youtu.be/0myu7k4r5X8?t=20m25s

That's the nature of the game that keep updating and injecting new things into it, as long as you do that it's constant tweaking and rebalance - how new things interact with old things and create issues, and you guys definitely need bigger team for game balance.  One day you may get tired and say I am out of this business or only work on traditional game that once it's done it's done, no more update except bug fixes.

There is one uber-problem on one of those infested models, the first one, fat which scratches his belly. It basically has a perfect replica of a part of the female anatomy on it. Will inevitably be called something like, vayjayjay-ncient. 

Go to the 40-minute mark and review.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/305977-what-has-been-seen-cannot-be-unseen/

On the Archwing weapons:

Please, let us use them in normal mission types. Even if we have a huge maneuverability hamper just by having them, I WANT HEAVY WEAPONS. I'm tired of the Heavy Gunner only using the equivalent of an M60, but even more so, I WANT MORE THAN AN M60. I want my Heavy weapons to be big, heavy, cumbersome, and LETHAL.