Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #36!

[DE]Rebecca

DE, You're already being met with the question when will U15 be launched from impatient players who will then flock to these forums complaining 5 minutes later when we are knee deep in yet more bugs. Shortly after those complaints you will be met with when is U16? because they rushed everything that U15 had to offer. So i hope we dont see another noticeable jump like we did with U14.2.4 too U14.5 as all that did was raise the question why? when in-between U14.2.4 and U14.5 could have been used to fix quite a few lingering problems that are still being constantly fed back to you by the community..

Here for example https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/271683-post-hotfix-1408-update-14-issue-megathread/

1) This is blatantly false. They clearly fix and polish things. That, or I'm just imagining hotfixes and updates in general. However, the thing is they are splitting their time between introducing content and features between polishing and fixing. Splitting, not replacing.

Which is more important.. rushing new content or addressing/fixing existing problems ? because splitting their time may be one of the problems.

While i sorta like new bird stuff, i'm with tenno who would prefer if DE looked back from time to time and focus on fixing and tweaking issues and problems that are annoyingly still there, and, in many cases not that difficult to achieve. E.g. - move ability mods to market. how hard that can be.

Sorry PsychedelicSnake, but hotfixes do not count into this.

Very few of them are improving game, which is fine, as their purpose is to fix serious problems. There are few exceptions of course, thanks for that DE, but majority is to fix urgent problems - hence the name, hotfix.

Lately, devstreams are more showcases of new stuff rather than react to playerbase. Issues that are loudly and often voiced by community are completely ignored or, at best glossed over with vague comments. It is somewhat disappointing, and bird stuff won't cover that.

Edited by turbinea

Actually i have some questions.

1) what impact will this Archwing have on overall gameplay?

Because from the looks of it, we will be using this Archwing thingy on one game mode at best. And this game mode will be a filler-mode like... Hijack for example.

2) If so, why you put so much effort in a thing, that have very doubtful value gameplay wise?

I am sill waiting for Focus, Proxy wars and new missions, bosses and rewards behind Solar Rails... oh wait. yeah...

3) How many rare fusion cores i will need this time around?

As developers mentioned on a stream, Archwing will use a different weapons. As result i am fully expecting new set of U10/R10 mods for this thing. Also - New frames and weapons are coming, maybe new Prime (Nyx), and T4 drop table is not so polluted yet. So maybe you should all go and grind T4S for cores while you still can.

Although i really happy that you actually made a new game mode (excavation) for a teamplay, even if its just oversimplified survival. However in my eyes such addition have more value than any new weapon, frame or some other stuff like kubrow/archwing.

We don't have fun game modes to play, we don't have competitive game modes to play, we don't have competitive events. For a very long time DE dearest.

And i just hope, that U15 will not be just as empty as U14 is.

p.s. not to mention some issues or bugs, which you put on hold for some reason.

Edited by Althix

I am deeply concerned about the remarks about how systems will be put in place that have industry and trade and clans will be encouraged to interact with eachother.

Personally I'm in a clan because of clan tech and because I wanted a place to hang out in.  I'm in a clan of one person.  I have absolutely no interest in interacting with other clans.  My entire experience with gaming says that road leads to egos, politics, and frustration.

Do. Not. Want. to see anything introduced that punishes less gregarious players by either forcing them to hobnob, ally, etc or to go without features and options.

Something to keep in mind.

Same with me. One-man-clan with no interest (or ability) to interact with other clans.

I expect they'll still push it, as they have began ignoring balancing/fixing solo experience in general.

I am deeply concerned about the remarks about how systems will be put in place that have industry and trade and clans will be encouraged to interact with eachother.

Personally I'm in a clan because of clan tech and because I wanted a place to hang out in.  I'm in a clan of one person.  I have absolutely no interest in interacting with other clans.  My entire experience with gaming says that road leads to egos, politics, and frustration.

Do. Not. Want. to see anything introduced that punishes less gregarious players by either forcing them to hobnob, ally, etc or to go without features and options.

Something to keep in mind.

I wait till the livestream is on youtube, to see what you mean but about what you say.

Same here. While i always play with teams, I prefer being by myself (lone wolf) outside of missions. Still i didn't want to skip on clan research weapons (Ogris and Ignis alone was worth it). So i made myself a one-man clan and build myself a comfy little Dojo  with all necessary labs and a bit of room to grow if more usefull rooms are introduced. I don't like using Forma on weapons or Warframes so i have far too much of it, which i could use in clan dojo and clantech expansion.

I had kind of hoped that the introduction of the player ship could have made that uncessary. Allowing single players to expand their ship with compact versions of the labs, allowing us to research by ourself perhaps at twice the cost of Ghost Clan research costs.

But it seems that is nowhere on DE's radar.

I would also not like to be forced into having to interact with other clans besides randomly being grouped with their members in mission.

Still have to see what they actualy said, but i would also prefer if they let us stay by ourself if we want to.

Edited by Othergrunty

The Archwing gameplay looked impressive.  It also looked like something that had absolutely nothing to do with Warframe.  As a Rank 17 with about 1500 hours, Archwing appears to succeed in making everything veterans have accomplished, completely irrelevant.  I have really enjoyed the gameplay of Warframe and have invested more time and money into it than any other game in 30 years, but this doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.  New content is great, but as a company, your resources and manpower is limited.  There's a set trend of pushing content in a minimalistic state, then starting new projects and trying to push those out while fleshing out the previous ones while the community rages about what's wrong with things.  I'd rather wait a month between updates and have them polished and well thought out.  I have to highlight the Dark Sectors in this regard.  Everything that's wrong with them now was foreseen long before they were even released, and they still feel so minimal when they could've been a huge part of the game. 

1) A clan controlling a Dark Sector controls the path to...one map.  This could have been entire regions of space with many more opportunities than just a few minor xp and drop bonuses.

2) Belonging to an alliance controlling that node can be just as detrimental to you as to someone outside the alliance if the Warlord feels like setting a 75% tax on everyone including members.  There is no individual benefit to this tax.  Everything goes into a clan or alliance vault.

3) PVP can never be properly balanced.

Anyway, my rant's done.  Best of luck with the upcoming update.

Great stream as usual. Glad there weren't any Twitch issues like last night's PrimeTime.

Archwing
Looks really fun. Mind-boggling if this was truly a year in the making! I like the idea of attacking the Formorian ships 'Independence Day' style

Clan weapon branching

Not sure about this. I don't feel the need to interact with other clans and I can see clans being douchey with their tech

Wyrmius

This has outdone Flappy Zephyr by miles. If this were a stand-alone thing I'd buy it for sure. Any possibilities on getting this onto mobile devices?? 

Edited by angrykenji

>tfw no news on parkour

whyyyyyyy...

But seriously DE, while we do like new stuff, we like old stuff getting updates even better.

>tfw coptering is now a feature "Like skiing in tribes"

*sigh* Coptering isn't really like skiing. For one, skiing actually requires skill to execute. Coptering? The right weapon.
Do you see where I'm getting with this.

I see coptering as a band-aid for the current parkour system, which works for now, but it won't if DE ever decides to focus on overhauling the parkour.

>tfw archwing looks neat

Is good, nothing to complain about here.

>tfw player hubs

"I never asked for this."

No opinion, but since it won't interfere with regular gameplay it's fine and dandy.

>tfw Wyrmius is not title of next update

What is wrong with you people!? You decided BIRD LIFTERS over GLORIOUS WYRM MASTER RACE?
Shame on you DE.

>tfw cloth physics on older warframes might take a while

How long does it usually take to make one model for a warframe anyway? I'm assuming like 1-2 days maybe. I don't know, I never use 3D modeling programs.

So uhh, it's cool. Might take a while but okay.

>tfw focus

Meh, it's going to be a thing. It might end up good bur right now I have literally zero hype for it.

Hello,

DE_Sheldon, would you mind answering Hybridon's questions that went to the Void at 41:49? That would be very welcome. We Beta Testers appreciate that Gemini Cross is Uncommon, and thank you for that, but that is another topic we would like to at least get a comment about.

Ice Planet Tileset coming in U15, does that mean that Cryotic only comes back with it as well?

On heavy melee weapons, the first thing that comes to mind would be a more fitting way to hold them.

Thank you for your time if you choose to read this message.

Missed it when it was live and just finished the video. and HELLS YEAH ARCWING. Now my question is other than the Arc Wing quest line what other quest will there be. In U14 there were 3 quest lines can we expect the same and CAN WE PLEASE have one to fix Ordis and allow for the Ship customization that DE Steve promised in a past Dev Stream.

Oh and one more thing. Will there be any further patterns that are coming out for the Kubrow.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

1) the focus is on pushing as many things as possible, while focusing on core gameplay is generally not

2) you never played stealth here from what i see, 

warframe stealth is ALMOST complete, but it's hanging in this state for far too long.

the only things that require any tweaking are:

(not even extensive tweaking)

a. waypoints so enemies don't stuck in each other

b. bosses and HVT spot/view distance

here goes 2 videos of demonstration of bosses and hvt spot distance (clearly not tweaked at all)

http://youtu.be/1wM5VAxS7vA

http://youtu.be/VJjwy0BOfsc

we players enjoy to stealth in warframe because it's random and unpredictable, and it should not be changed, however when 2 or more enemies have one waypoint to stay which lead to clusters, is not okay.

while viewdistance an damage are just values changes, which do not require anything extensive.

Definitely. The most annoying is stuck enemies. Either try something as snk (I don't know if your name is related to the kof company) or make us able to throw a little distracting equippable object. (like a mini sonar that makes a suspect sound)

Or give colliding enemies quick interactions/animations where they're less aware of the environment. (talking to each other, military salute, anything that makes them more alive than Soma-bullet-sandbags)

Also, stealth finishers and moas are still not compatible sadly, hanging on ledges & moving sideways might really be helpful, being able to hit/shut down lights to be less likely to be detected would be very useful (a light/shadow mechanic is already here : just look at Eclipse.),more alternate paths (I really appreciate the rescue room for that,thanks)...

Little changes here and there, and by the time Warframe is officialy out of beta, we're space ninja again!...

Edited by unknow99

Little changes here and there, and by the time Warframe is officialy out of beta, we're space ninja again!...

Maybe stealth isn't they way they want you to play the game?

Anyways, I'm now more excited for player hubs than arcwing. If they're anything like the citadel they're going to be awesome. Also, heavy weapons buff? Let's hurry up with that...

Maybe stealth isn't they way they want you to play the game?

Anyways, I'm now more excited for player hubs than arcwing. If they're anything like the citadel they're going to be awesome. Also, heavy weapons buff? Let's hurry up with that...

I'm convinced that a game can have several playstyles Vaug... ;)

Hyped for the social place & emotes aswell.

Edited by unknow99

I was more thoroughly impressed by Archwing now that we actually saw some gameplay than rendered footage. Can't wait, especially the social hubs, im suprised that wasn't mentioned a whole lot before. Anything that I've wanted in a Sci-fi game is a social place like the citadel for ALL players, not just dojos for clan members (not to say there's probably going to be a lot of limitations on it, considering there's thousands of WF players, not sure how it will work exactly, perhaps just multiple instances I guess)

I was more thoroughly impressed by Archwing now that we actually saw some gameplay than rendered footage. Can't wait, especially the social hubs, im suprised that wasn't mentioned a whole lot before. Anything that I've wanted in a Sci-fi game is a social place like the citadel for ALL players, not just dojos for clan members (not to say there's probably going to be a lot of limitations on it, considering there's thousands of WF players, not sure how it will work exactly, perhaps just multiple instances I guess)

Yea, he said probably 100 people at the most per instance.