Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oculus Rift In Warframe

DoomEngine

I was looking through youtube and couldn't find any vids that show off the oculus for this game. I think its a great idea considering the keyboard controls movement and the mouse controls view(taken over by the oculus). However the 1 thing that may kill the immersion is the 3rd person. Because I cannot mod the camera on my own, I would like to request DE to make a 1st person option.  However knowing the great development team for this game, I believe they could create even better options for oculus rift developers. VR technology is the future and I want warframe to be a part of it. Thank you for all your hard work thus far. 

I was looking through youtube and couldn't find any vids that show off the oculus for this game. I think its a great idea considering the keyboard controls movement and the mouse controls view(taken over by the oculus). However the 1 thing that may kill the immersion is the 3rd person. Because I cannot mod the camera on my own, I would like to request DE to make a 1st person option.  However knowing the great development team for this game, I believe they could create even better options for oculus rift developers. VR technology is the future and I want warframe to be a part of it. Thank you for all your hard work thus far. 

DE(L) has already stated that they would not make the game first person (and I will now need to sift through the forums to find that particular piece of evidence). 

Not to mention that it would cause quite a bit of disorientation with the current parkour system we have (and coptering would be out of the picture for most people using the Oculus Rift to play Warframe). 

Guest Tehnoobshow

Are you John Carmack? Or just a fanboy? And you do realize 3rd person completely kills the point of the Oculus in the first place right? Do you realize that in order to make Warframe 1st person they would have to remake every single weapon model in the game, as well as hand models for all the Warframes (because 1st person viewmodels are completely distorted in order to fit the whole gun on the screen)?

Are you John Carmack? Or just a fanboy? And you do realize 3rd person completely kills the point of the Oculus in the first place right? Do you realize that in order to make Warframe 1st person they would have to remake every single weapon model in the game, as well as hand models for all the Warframes (because 1st person viewmodels are completely distorted in order to fit the whole gun on the screen)?

I think there's a glitch that allowed you to play in 1st person, although awkwardly. Looked nice though. Only problem was that you can see part of your head. If DE made the head unseeable to the player, then it can definitely work, I think.

Not to mention that it would cause quite a bit of disorientation with the current parkour system we have

I can confirm that parcour won't be an issue in 1st person view. At least, I didn't have any problems at all, on contrary, it felt amazing.

Had a bug once where I was playing in first person mode. Off course, I didn't see my weapon or hands. It was just my camera that got stuck on my head.

So DE could give us that as a simple first person view (so no visible weapon / hands) to start with. Could be a feature that we could toggle on under the options.

First person felt great on Warframe and I'm not even an FPS fan.

Screw OR. I'm waiting for the real VR. I want to become one with my favorite Warframe in virtual reality world just like in SOA!! XD

I thought we also have first-person view in Warframe as well. Do we not?!

Guest Tehnoobshow

I don't get VR. Why do you actually want to sweat from physical exertion when you're playing video games? I actually like playing video games by pressing buttons and improving my finger dexterity. I'd rather have all of my controls mapped to a digital piano so I can play chords while shooting people in the face than use the Oculus.

Guest Tehnoobshow

The Occulus is a Headset.

It is not the Wii.

And it sure as hell isn't Virtual Reality.

Yeah, I was talking about VR in general, not just the Oculus. Don't they also have a thing where they strap a whole bunch of sensors to your arms and legs that also works with the Oculus? Or did that other company go bankrupt already?

If you guys look at the oculus videos for skyrim or mirrors edge(lots of parkour) you will be amazed. Skyrim has both third person and first person, i understand its a lot of work to make new animations but believe me that I and others are up to the task if you seek out our help. With devices like the omni and vr gloves being created on and improved everyday playing like SOA is getting closer. In the future im sure we can just log in like the matrix but until then this will be our safest and best option for a long time. Casual gamers would be able to continue to play as they always have with all the game breaking macros they want, this would only bring in more attention and support to what is already a great game. Our technology is advancing so fast, weve done more for vr in the past year than the past 30 years combined. It is only a matter of time now before esport becomes a sport and factors your real life endurance, aim, and speed. Look into it plz.

Hmmm.....How about nah, considering the speed of warframe and how with some of the options even I get headaches(kinda hard to get them when you've become used to game graphics, but Bloom and other stuff combined becomes a eyegasm of pain)   I mean sounds good but it's just not you who'll be using it it'll be a lot of peeps.  Heck I miss old screen shake that was taken out due to causing peeps to get very sick.   When a game company causes a lot of people to get sick they may go down in lawsuits.   That in itself is a no-no.   Now would it work for those who can afford it and would they enjoy it?   Sure as long as it wasn't so fast it confused our brain.  lemme link something that talks about VR and gaming.

Now if only I could remember who said it.  oh well if I recall it spoke of how detailed worlds and faster than average reflex games would cause motion sickness and be harmful to how the brain processes speed.  Skyrim is pretty basic and tame in it 1st person view where they go to 3rd person on certain actions.  

So sure it'd be nice and fun but it could cause problems to be people who are not usually affected by motion sickness.

Who here has actually used the Rift dev kit?

If you had you'd know that Warframe would be _lethal_ on the Rift.

Any time movement is forced that is not eased in or directly controlled by the head tracking you risk _nasty_ motion sickness, and this isn't an everyone is different thing. I was at a party where over 10 people tried the rift. Flight sims were great, gentle head driven FP (no strafing) were also fine, but the _second_ you start strafing in HL2 they whole thing changes. The most anyone lasted in HL2 was 10 mins before running for the back garden to retch.

3rd person is completely out of the question, first person with Warframe's movement style would have people running for the bathroom in minutes. It's not worth the work.

In general, i would never buy Occulus Rift now that FB aquired them. OR will just became same S#&$ as Kinect, spying instrument that monitors your habits.

I am glad that Warframe isnt supporting it, tho it is pointless to support it when game is 3rd person.