Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait...how Many Hydroid Players Are There Really?

Hamco.io

I seriously haven't seen a lot of Hydroid players around in game, the last time I saw a Hydroid was probably the beginning of August, which is already a month ago.

Personally I run Hydroid as my main, and I can still remember one time when I was doing Xini with PuG and no one in the group could tell what frame I was using even though I was like half spamming tempest barrage...

I understand that Hydroid is one of the hardest warframes to get in the game (Vauban, Nekros, and Zephyr are hard too but...), I still see a lot more Vauban than Hydroid, even I saw Zephyr more often!

So...is it about the meta again, or did I miss something? 

Many players hate having to farm beacons to get to vay hek for hydroid. After I got hydroid I actually became so sick of prosecutors that I avoid playing ceres at all cost. Plus after all the work he only ended up being moderately fun. He was alright though, lots of CC

Many players hate having to farm beacons to get to vay hek for hydroid. After I got hydroid I actually became so sick of prosecutors that I avoid playing ceres at all cost. Plus after all the work he only ended up being moderately fun. He was alright though, lots of CC

I didn't expect every single frame to wreck enemies like marshmallows, but Hydroid is the most hilarious frame for me, he can't kill but he really can't die that easily either, and screaming "get ur @$$ on the floor" every single time I use a skill is just too much fun :D

He is a great frame and his abilities are all useful, if you know how to handle them, but most people find him annoying.

I like him too but I am running around with my Valkyr because I just love her, btw I am seeing alot of Valkyrs lately, almost every game I have a random in my group playing Valkyr too.

He is a great frame and his abilities are all useful, if you know how to handle them, but most people find him annoying.

I like him too but I am running around with my Valkyr because I just love her, btw I am seeing alot of Valkyrs lately, almost every game I have a random in my group playing Valkyr too.

It's because of all the events lately. People are just using Hysteria and now they can't use anyone else because they are terrible otherwise without being invulnerable for an entire mission.

hydroid sucks imho

i used a reactor on him cause i had an extra one and now i wished i saved that reactor

Can totally understand where you come from, cause even as a Hydroid main, I don't find Hydroid strong enough to smash enemies or stun a whole crowd in a single click of a button, but he is FUN!! Every single skill he has brings so much fun to me, I still love my Hydroid and I don't regret potatoed him but yea, I see your point here.

They all drowned in a sea of Rhinos, Lokis, Novas, and Valkyrs.

He's also seriously not worth the effort unless you care about mastery rank. That's literally the only reason to worry about getting him.

But.....Hydroid is the sea.... D:

I enjoyed him when I was leveling him.

I didn't enjoy him more than I enjoy my Loki, Trinity, Mag (vs. Corpus. *Fistpump* *Room asplodes*), Nyx, Valkyr (Aesthetically my favorite frame) or Vauban (Yay for Range mods affecting Vortex! <3 ), so he sits in the closet.

Edited by Chroia

It is when the point of the crowd control itself is lost because it makes everything actually harder to hit/not be able to hit at all whatsoever, and ALSO makes everything take longer overall.

How does knocking down enemies make things harder to hit?

That only applies to Tentacle Swarm and Undertow, and even then only if the Hydroid user is stupid.

And if you value a few seconds of time over actually killing enemies and not failing the mission then your priorities need a bit of sorting.

Ahh, Valkyr, I was once addicted to her hysteria too, until I noticed that Hydroid is life :P

if i could take Tempest Barrage & Tidal Surge and move them to... uhhh... Saryn, or most any other Frame, then i'd be good.

i like those two Powers, don't like the other two, and really don't think much of the aesthetics for that frame. not my style.

the Pirate Hat looks kind've neat though.

How does knocking down enemies make things harder to hit?

That only applies to Tentacle Swarm and Undertow, and even then only if the Hydroid user is stupid.

And if you value a few seconds of time over actually killing enemies and not failing the mission then your priorities need a bit of sorting.

IMO Tentacle swarm and undertow both work well with a shotgun/melee cause you dont really have to aim hard to hit. I personal use of undertow is just double tap 3 to make a quick knockdown or use it in a quiet place to regen my shield, and yes, staying in undertow for more than half a minute in the middle of battleground is just dumb.

IMO Tentacle swarm and undertow both work well with a shotgun/melee cause you dont really have to aim hard to hit. I personal use of undertow is just double tap 3 to make a quick knockdown or use it in a quiet place to regen my shield, and yes, staying in undertow for more than half a minute in the middle of battleground is just dumb.

Undertow has many uses, but yeah I just usually use it as a quick knockdown.

Though some enemies, mainly Ancients, come out of it standing up.

Tentacle Swarm gets a bit detrimental later on, but it's definitely fantastic for covering revives or giving breathing room.

Edited by AdunSaveMe