<p>...I don't know how I knew you were a cephalon/arbiter, but I did.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>To answer your question, scumbag-</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Ahem,</p>

<p> </p>

<p>To answer your question, douch-</p>

<p> </p>

<p>GOD I CAN'T DO IT! RED VEIL/STEEL MERIDIAN FOR LIFE! RED SIDE TILL I DIE AND THE GOO RUNS OUT OF MY BACON SWORD!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>deal with it hashtag dealwiddit #dealwithit dealwithit.gif</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Off the top of my head, there's a few guns that are at least reasonable.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The Lex is of course just a high caliber handgun... IN SPACE. Probably something in .40 or .45ACP, maybe a 1911 or a Jericho baby eagle or something.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The gremlins could theoretically work because they're just space nailguns. I don't know how they'd actually kill people, and the whole magazine going entirely through the gun thing like the Soma is pointless, but its fundamentally just a finish-nailer in each hand.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>We already talked about the Soma in this thread and how it theoretically actually could work, it just uses a profoundly pointless and needlessly complicated feeding system to put bullets through the gun. Its just rule of cool so DE could have moving parts on a gun model.<br />

<br />

The grakata is an SMG with 1200rpm rate of fire, which is plausible by current standards. The dealbreaker on the grakata is that the way it feeds ammunition is ridiculous.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The vulkar could work, its just a typical bolt action rifle.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The sybaris and the Grinlok are both just lever-rifles like a Henry repeater, but I don't know how exactly the sybaris somehow fires in a burst.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>the marelok is an OBREZ, which automatically qualifies it for best gun ever.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I think the strun and the boar both theoretically function, I'm just not sure how in the case of the strun and the boar is just fugly and ergonomically awkward. That giant pizza dish magazine is beyond pointless.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The sobek looks plausible, at least in the sense that you can see where the magazine puts the shell into the barrel. Why an automatic shotgun would need 2 barrels at all though... F*** it, RULE OF COOL!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I think the Latron is kind of a stretch, but if it hand loads from a tube under the barrel like a shotgun, that could theoretically work somehow, maybe if there's some kind of gas return system to drive the next round into the chamber.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Vasto is a revolver.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I actually think the Synapse could theoretically work because its fundamentally just an electric eel with a pistol grip on it. And electric eels are awesome. Also not even technically eels. You'd just have to do a bunch of playing god with genetic science to make them shoot lightning bolts, we already know the synapse is scientifically plausible because we have an existing lifeform that can generate weaponized electricity for hunting.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>There's a good amount of guns in the game that might actually work, and there's a lot of guns in the game that just have no freaking clue. I wish I had a Lato Vandal because Latos look like Deckard Cain's gun in Blade Runner and that's AWESOME but the Lato and the Blade Runner gun have a lot of the same problems, namely that there's no freaking way they'd ever actually work and where does bullet go? It wants to pew pew like an automatic but be pretty like a revolver, and its trying to do both at once.</p>

<p> </p>

Edited by Doozy84

look at that, cephalon thugs jacking up my post with their robot HTML hax.

Oh please. Don't tell me you hate SCIENCE. You're making Bill Nye cry.

I actually kinda hate being friends with the Arbitriers. Their idea of "Tenno as ruler" sounds like feudal Japan and the civvies would still get screwed over but by us this time.

The Kraken can actually do some nice shield busting damage against even lvl 33 Corpus techs. It's still a keeper.

Plus, Suda is kinda like SHODAN in some regards (I suspect those cubes around her are smaller cephalons she absorbed). I wouldn't want to tick someone like that off.

Hmm would have thought the Lex would have a caliber more in line with the Desert Eagle using .50 AE, since it actually has quite the visual kick.  meanwhile I envision the caliber of the Grinlok to be somewhere around .75 with its round being shape similarly to a musket or shotgun slug. The Hind however vexes me, I don't get where you would put the magazine in, nor understand why its design is so horrid. 

The Lex Prime is a really nice weapon

I run crit/viral proc build on mine, it seems sub-optimal, but it works.

The Lex Prime is my go to sidearm for when I am using a spammy or short ranged primary. It has the damage and ammo economy to carry you on through.

Plus Dat sound.

The Lex Prime is a really nice weapon

I run crit/viral proc build on mine, it seems sub-optimal, but it works.

The Lex Prime is my go to sidearm for when I am using a spammy or short ranged primary. It has the damage and ammo economy to carry you on through.

Plus Dat sound.

Yea I agree with you there, currently going for another forma on mine, though mines a corrosive/crit build. I'm currently trying to make a good build for a Detron, having a hard time though. I generally enjoy only the Pyrana aside from the Lex atm however. 

Oh please. Don't tell me you hate SCIENCE. You're making Bill Nye cry.

I actually kinda hate being friends with the Arbitriers. Their idea of "Tenno as ruler" sounds like feudal Japan and the civvies would still get screwed over but by us this time.

The Kraken can actually do some nice shield busting damage against even lvl 33 Corpus techs. It's still a keeper.

Plus, Suda is kinda like SHODAN in some regards (I suspect those cubes around her are smaller cephalons she absorbed). I wouldn't want to tick someone like that off.

lern 2 butlerian jihad

I've always kind of thought the LexP was like 10mm pistols but with superior materials so they don't bust up frames and barrel lugs like certain present day pistols do...

And while we're on the subject of modern day junk masquerading as firearms, you can keep that Desert Beagle stuff away from my tenno. At least the TDE Automag actually looked cool, even if it did break parts right and left. Again, nothing a superior material science couldn't cure, but piss poor design is forever.

Ahem.

As for the Detron, just slap the basics in with a maxed seeker and a rad/viral combo. It's best against grineer anyway, so may as well go with the flow. It sledges them down in job lots. Anything else I use Brakk or the Bronco Prime if bling is called for.

My gun waifu? I love pretty much every Grineer and Corpus weapon, Hind, Grakata, Gorgon, Kraken, Ignis, etc. The corpus catch my eye with the Dera, Supra, Flux, Opticor, etc. I just love pretty much any weapon that these two factions make.

However...

I always had a soft spot for the lovely, loud, powerful Hek (the gun of course, but chicken man is endearing in his own goofy stereotypical villain way). I can't keep this boomstick strapped to my thigh, but dammit I know I am going to put in some brownie points with Steel Meridian to get their "Hek rebalancing mod". Which suits me just fine, since I can keep my Arbiters (-I saw hate here earlier but I prefer them over the other syndicates, and "truth" be told [hehe], Burton Prime and my favourite Warframes are chillin' with them so I will be too-) and be chummy with the two syndicates that give mods for Corpus and Grineer weapons. With this in mind, I am going to enjoy beating the mods out of anyone who challenges the might of the "Steel Arbiter Cephalons" for delicious rep to put into saving up for their weapon mods (Soon my Hek... soon ;-;).

My gun waifu? I love pretty much every Grineer and Corpus weapon, Hind, Grakata, Gorgon, Kraken, Ignis, etc. The corpus catch my eye with the Dera, Supra, Flux, Opticor, etc. I just love pretty much any weapon that these two factions make.

However...

I always had a soft spot for the lovely, loud, powerful Hek (the gun of course, but chicken man is endearing in his own goofy stereotypical villain way). I can't keep this boomstick strapped to my thigh, but dammit I know I am going to put in some brownie points with Steel Meridian to get their "Hek rebalancing mod". Which suits me just fine, since I can keep my Arbiters (-I saw hate here earlier but I prefer them over the other syndicates, and "truth" be told [hehe], Burton Prime and my favourite Warframes are chillin' with them so I will be too-) and be chummy with the two syndicates that give mods for Corpus and Grineer weapons. With this in mind, I am going to enjoy beating the mods out of anyone who challenges the might of the "Steel Arbiter Cephalons" for delicious rep to put into saving up for their weapon mods (Soon my Hek... soon ;-;).

arbiters get tower IV survival keys, large energy restores, who wouldnt join them? its like DE purposely made them badass

arbiters get tower IV survival keys, large energy restores, who wouldnt join them? its like DE purposely made them badass

Hate to say it but then we may need a rebalance of rewards and alignments just so six syndicates are divided into two "halves", and it's more about what you believe in instead of key farming.

On the other hand... considering how mercenary the Warframe community is, that'd mean everyone would join the Arbiters and never look back. *sigh*

I want a Revolutionary War Musket just to see how effective it is against Grineer. It is designed to get stuck and not pass all the way through bone... not sure if it would pierce armor... *imagines Nekros fighting with Washington...* \OwO/

Edited by duhadventure

"Something is... Wrong." Demeg realized.

"Hast thy sight returned?" The tenno asked.

"No, the story won't move forward until the weekend... For now my one good eye is still swollen shut. That still hurts like hell, by the way." Demeg explained, "And its 'has your' sight returned."

"Art thou hungry?" The tenno slithered.

"Are you hungry? For liquid Grineer... No thanks." Demeg said.

"Perhaps the temperature has changed. I hath no recollection. Mine suit is climate controlled." The tenno shrugged.

"No, its not that... Its something more indescribable, something on the other side of the fourth wall..." Demeg thought out loud.

"I hath no concept of what thou art attempting to communicate." The tenno slithered.

"You have no concept- Oh, screw this. We're off duty right now anyway. Hey, since we're just sitting here between chapters, can you untie me?" Demeg asked.

"No." The tenno slithered.

"Is that like... A thing with you?" Demeg asked.

"How dost thou mean?" The tenno asked suspiciously.

"I think you know." Demeg said.

"I dost not!" The tenno replied.

YO LOOK I TOLD YOU THERE WASN'T GONNA BE NO SECRET CACHE IN HERE, CAN WE STOP LOOKING FOR IT? ITS PROBABLY JUST SOMETHING LAME LIKE 3,000 CREDITS ANYWAY.

But it might be a t4 key.

HEY WHY ISN'T YOUR TEXT DARK GREEN?

Why isn't your text orange?

"Why do I hear talking in all caps?" Demeg asked.

"How hast thou come here, additional cells were not activated for this mission." The hissy Saryn hissed at the two newly arriving tenno.

HEY YO WHY DO YOU HISS AND TALK ALL SHAKESPEAREY AND S#&amp;&#036;?

She's from another story, Rhino. Its a different fanon. Same author though.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT, ALSO ITS REALLY HARD TO TELL YOU SARYNS APART WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE DARK GREEN TEXT.

I know that because I read the forums, you know, those things you used to post tshirt threads on?

OH YEA ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE TSHIRT TIME. HEY, DID YOU SEE THE NEW FORUMS, EVERYTHING IS ALL BLACK AND WHITE NOW, AND THERE'S THIS BADASS PICTURE OF ME WITH A FRAGOR SKIN ON MY HAMMER. I'M SWAGGED OUT.

"That's what's different! Its the text! The field is white now and the text is black!" Demeg shouted.

WAIT, THAT MEANS ALL OF DOOZY'S POSTS WILL BE HARDER TO READ.

Yea, he's going to be pissed about that... Why is there a tied up, blind grineer girl hanging from the ceiling?

I DIDN'T WANT TO ASK, I FIGURED IT WAS A SARYN THING.

"What is this 'Saryn thing' thou art implying?" The hissy Saryn from Fireteam asked.

YOU DON'T KNOW? COME ON...

He's implying that you're kinky because I'm kinky.

"So it is a weird sex thing!" Demeg shouted. "I'm not into it! I want out! What's the safe word?"

"Wilst thou relax? I am not like that!" Hissy Saryn squealed.

YOU'RE NOT? WHAT'S WITH THE TIED UP GIRL THEN?

Its probably part of the story, Rhino.

YO ITS REALLY HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHEN YOU'RE TALKING WHEN YOUR DIALOG TEXT ISN'T COLORED. YOU SHOULD SPEAK IN ALL CAPS LIKE ME.

But if I did that, it would be just as confusing. We'd both be capslocked. Your text isn't even orange right now.

WHAT? SWAGLESS BLACK TEXT? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Orange would look nearly illegible on a white background. Just like the white text in this story now...

WOW, THAT'S REALLY GONNA TEAR DOOZY'S &amp;#&#33;.

It definitely will.

"What art thou talking about?" Hissy Saryn asked.

OH HEY, CHECK IT OUT, IN THIS FANON THE TENNO DON'T HAVE COLORED SELF-AWARE DIALOG TEXT.

It's a different story, dear. Different rules.

"Can I come be in your story? I'm tired of hanging out with her. She makes me eat people and she talks weird." Demeg begged. "Please?"

That depends dear, how open-minded are you about this whole 'being tied up' thing?

"I am very closed-minded about it right now." Demeg admitted.

That's a dealbreaker, dear. Besides, I already adopted a Grineer.

HEY YOU MEAN PDG? THIS CHICK KIND OF LOOKS LIKE HER.

"We all look like her, you idiot. We're clones!" Demeg said.

WELL WE'RE DEFINITELY NOT TAKING YOU NOW WITH THAT ATTITUDE.

"She is my bait." The hissy Saryn insisted.

Bait? Sounds kinky.

YO IS THAT A WORD THAT MEANS SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN A CERTAIN CONTEXT, LIKE A BUNCH OF THOSE OTHER WORDS YOU USE WHEN YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WEIRD SEX STUFF?

No... bait means bait.

"What arst thou talking about?" Hissy Saryn asked.

Nothing. Nothing at all. Forum text, its black on white now. Ruins the whole ambience...  That's what we're talking about.

"Thou art lying." Hissy Saryn said.

Look, I'll tell you at the next Saryn meeting.

THERE ARE MEETINGS BASED ON WARFRAME TYPE? WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THIS?

Probably because you throw out your mail without reading it. Also because we never talk about it. At least the Saryns and the Embers don't...

WHY?

"Because you'd all want to come." Hissy Saryn nodded.

WHY WOULD I WANT TO GO TO A SARYN MEETING, ISN'T IT JUST A BUNCH OF CHICKS IN ONE PLACE AND THEY- OH, THEY'RE ALL SARYNS, AREN'T THEY? LIKE DO THEY ALL HAVE LONG LEGS AND-

Yes. That's why. Because that's exactly why all the male frames would show up.

"Thou hast long overstayed thy welcome." Hissy Saryn said.

"Please take me with you." Demeg added.

HEY THIS ISN'T OUR SHOW. ALSO, THERE'S NO CACHE HERE. ALSO, NOT HAVING COLORED TEXT IS STARTING TO CREEP ME OUT.

I'm sorry dear... We'd never get along. I'm more into ropes than she is...  Your situation wouldn't improve much.

SO IT IS A SARYN THING!

"It is not! And I'm still not sure whatst thou refers too!" Hissy Saryn hissed.

WHATEVER. WE'RE OUT. YOLO, YOU ALREADY KNOW THOUGH!

And just like that, Out of Frame Saryn and Rhino disappeared the way they had come- Through an incredibly convenient plot hole.

YO THIS IS THE RHINO, AND THE WEEKEND IS COMING. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS- TSHIRT TIME.

OH WAIT, HOLD ON. SOMEONE JUST HANDED ME SOMETHING- IT ALSO MEANS A FIRETEAM UPDATE... WAIT, PEOPLE READ STUFF ON WEEKENDS? HOW? AREN’T THEY TOO DRUNK TO SEE STRAIGHT?

I GUESS THAT’S JUST ME.

ANYWAY, DOOZY CALLED ME AND HE SAID HE’D GIVE ME A CASE OF NATTY ICE IF I DID HIM THIS FAVOR, SO THIS IS WHAT’S GOING ON.

AS ALL OF YOU GOOMBAS PROBABLY KNOW, YOU CAN NOW GIFT PEOPLE STUFF IN THE PLAT SHOP.

SWAG.

WHAT YOU DIDN’T KNOW THOUGH, IS THAT DOOZY IS LAZY AS HELL,  REALLY CORRUPT AND SUSCEPTIBLE TO BRIBERY. NOT COOL, BRO.

BUT WHATEVER, THE RHINO CAN ONLY WORRY ABOUT THE RHINO, AND A BRO HAS GOT TO GET THAT FLAT OF NATTY FOR THE WEEKEND, YO.

SO THIS IS HOW ITS GONNA WORK- ALL OF YOU GOOMBAS WITH MORE PLAT THAN YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH ARE GONNA GO TO THE PLAT SHOP, AND GIFT DOOZY A SWAGANDANA.

BECAUSE THAT SWAGLESS SCRUB DON’T HAVE ONE. WHAT’S UP WITH THAT?

WHICH ONE? DOESN’T MATTER. THAT’S  PART OF THE CONTEST.

THE GOOMBA WHO PICKS DOOZY’S FAVORITE SWAGANDANA WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE THREAD.

WHAT’S THE PRIZE? WHY SHOULD YOU SPEND 50 PLAT ON DOOZY?

GOOD QUESTION, I THINK ITS A SCAM, BUT I’M GETTING A CASE OF BEER OUT OF IT-

HOLD ON I’M GETTING THERE. SO LIKE I SAID, I’M GETTING FREE BEER OUT OF IT. I MEAN, ITS NOT LIKE I CAN’T AFFORD MY OWN, BUT WHAT BRO WOULDN’T TURN DOWN A FREE-

Alright, that’s quite enough, dear.

The lucky tenno that picks Doozy’s favorite “Swagandana...” That’s not actually what they’re called-

IT IS WHEN THE RHINO’S WEARING IT

Ahem. The fortunate victim of this scam who gifts Doozy his favorite syandana will be announced in the thread. All of the other losers that fell for this obvious swindle will receive nothing for their trouble, except for the knowledge that they wasted 50 plat on Doozy to buy him a syandana that he won’t wear... Keep in mind that you can’t gift a tenno an item they already own, so it’s kind of like roulette.

Anyway, assuming your plat is that worthless to you... The winner will be allowed to-

YO, THE WINNER GETS TO PM DOOZY ON THE FORUMS AND REQUEST HOW DEDAM DIES.

Yes, you get to choose Dedam’s death. Keep in mind that the primary weapon of Slithering Saryn hasn’t been revealed yet, so if you choose a death that involves a primary weapon, you effectively get to choose not only how Dedam dies, but what the final weapon in Slithering Saryn’s loadout is.

YO, WHAT IF YOU WANT TO PULL A LOKI ON EVERYONE, AND LET DEDAM LIVE?

I can’t imagine why anyone would want to do that... But if I were going to give Doozy 50 plat worth of items for no reason, that would be a hilarious thing to do...

THAT’S PRETTY MESSED UP. OKAY, THERE’S ONE MORE RULE, RIGHT?

Yes. The other rule is that you aren’t allowed to say in the thread how Dedam dies. Or lives, for that matter. You get to be that jerk in the movie theater that read the book and already knows what’s going to happen. It’s called dramatic irony, when the audience knows something the character doesn’t. More importantly, its even more of a troll, because you’ll know something the rest of the audience didn’t know either.

WOW, SO THIS WHOLE THING IS JUST A PLOT TO LET SOME RANDOM LOKI PLAYER WITH 50 EXTRA PLAT GET TO HAVE HIS LITTLE SOLO TROLL SESSION ON THE WHOLE THREAD?

In a nutshell, yes.

THAT’S KIND OF MESSED UP, BRO.

Well at least we got our colored text back. Also, you’re giving me half that case of beer.

WHAT? WHY?

I was the one who told the thread half the rules.

OKAY FINE. BUT ONE MORE THING, DOOZY LIKES THE OLDER SWAGANDANAS, SO THAT’S YOUR HINT.

Edited by Doozy84

“Dereb, what’s your sitrep?” Deeve asked.

“SNAFU, sir. That tenno’s goo junk must have gotten into one of my inputs or something. I’ve got about as much control of my prosthetics right now as a drunk toddler.” Dereb explained, wheeling randomly from one heel to the other, swaying as she walked.

“Any chance you can square that S#&amp;&#036; away?” Deeve asked.

“Not without a stop at medbay, sir.” Dereb shook her head, which caused her to nearly lose her balance.

“How are you besides that?”

“I am so jacked up on painkillers from our medkits that you’re starting to blow smoke rings when you talk, sir.” Dereb laughed.

“I don’t have a pipe.” Deeve grunted.

“That’s how #*(&#036;%%@ I am.” Dereb smiled.

After their first run-in with the tenno when Demeg was abducted and Dereb was wounded and disarmed by the squidlike corrosive dart gun, Deeve ordered the squad to dose her with the barbiturates in their medkits. Unfortunately, Deeve’s short sightedness left the task to Dedam, who dosed her according to her actual weight- More than four hundred pounds of flesh, steel, and prosthetics. What sergeant Deeve was just now realizing was that Dereb’s real body- minus all of her bionic prosthetics, probably weighed closer to ninety pounds. Dedam had overdosed her and flooded her kidneys with enough numbing agents to cure a five hundred pound drahk’s toothache. Dereb was so smashed out of her skull she was probably seeing white rabbits and giant caterpillars.

“How about your aim?” Deeve asked.

“Left handed, off-balanced, and I can see how colors taste.” Dereb giggled.

Dedam laughed.

Deeve shook his head.

Derew mouthed something under his breath. It was a string of four letter words.

“Walk it off, marine.” Deeve said. “Dedam, you’re still on point. Dereb, you’re rear... Try to keep up.”

“I want a synthchoc bar.” She said.

The fireteam marched forward down the tunnel, a parody of itself. The marines were quiet, professional, sinister. Except for Dereb, who alternated between dancing drunkenly down the tunnel and rolling herself against the wall just to stay upright. The whole time she was humming the Grineer Marine Corps anthem off key.

“Dedam, how many times have you been court martialed for incompetence?” Deeve asked.

“Never, sir.” Dedam answered.

“Well, you’ll have something to look forward to if we survive this.” Deeve growled.

“He’s been court martialed for incomplete tents thrive times.” Dereb added, giggling. “Thrive. A combination of three and five.”

Once again, Dedam gave the signal for silence, and the marines collapsed against the wall.

Dereb did as well, but that was just convenient, and not from actually trying.

They had stopped at a junction.

“Straight.” Deeve whispered.

“You sure, sir?” Dedam asked.

“Peek your head around the corner and see what happens, private.” Deeve said.

Dedam grunted, and then checked and cleared the other paths, branching off into primordial darkness. He crossed the junction without incident.

The team followed behind him, resuming their march.

Fifty yards down the tunnel, Dedam gestured for silence again.

“What is it?” Deeve asked.

“The GMC anthem.” Dedam whispered back.

“What about it?” Deeve asked.

“I don’t hear it anymore.” Dedam grunted.

“What does that have to do with-” Deeve started.

“S#&amp;&#036;!” Derew cursed, looking behind him.

Dereb was gone.

They doubled back to the junction.

“Which way did she go?” Deeve asked the air.

“Ho cygar, friend... Do you have any synthchoc? I’m starving.” They heard Dereb’s voice drifting down the tunnel into the dark.

“Who the F*** is she talking too?” Dedam grunted.

“Oh no...” Derew realized, and looked at Deeve.

BANG.

BANG.

BANG.

The unmistakable throaty bark of Dereb’s marelok went off three times in the blackness, echoing as it rolled down the tunnel in the inky dark. They could hear the tinkling clamor of the hot brass tumbling on the floor.

They broke into dead sprint without thinking, rushing down the tunnel.

They found her, slumped over, three corrosive darts in her chest, melting her armor.

“I can see Earth.” Dereb whispered, “Its beautiful. There’s plants and trees again, cocoa trees. We’ll have chocolate again when we get back there. Real chocolate.”

Her head rolled and her chin slumped on her chest. She was gone.

---

Afsky has won the swagandana contest and WILL DECIDE DEDAM'S FATE! Pm me.