September 12Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

September 12th Community Hot Topics  

2,270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My thoughts:

Excalibur:

I just don't think super jump is ever going to be useful. personally I'd replace it with something more apt and make it generic.

Kubrows:

I currently level and hibernate them, I understand they can be quite powerful, but the upkeep is annoying and I have 8mil sat in the bank. Frankly _any_ upkeep is irritating enough to just turn me right off them.

Dark Sectors:

I'm not touching PvP with a bargepole. If the PvE conflict mission made an optional comeback, maybe, but otherwise, you must be kidding. Given the tax situation and how awful fighting infested defense is now I barely even play the Dark Sectors when they're available any more.

Mod UI.

I understand what you were trying to do, but I do UI design as part of my day job (not in games mind you) and It's really not a great change.

1. Mod cards are inherently non-diegetic. "Cards" are already an abstraction that has no meaning in the game world, so trying to take a non-diegetic concept and fit it into a diegetic mold in going to have issues.

2. Card borders and _way_ too busy. look at every other UI element you've updated, clean, simple lines, then you add that techno-mess all over the card edges drawing the eye away from all the parts that the player actually cares about, remember the cards don't exist in-world so they don't need to look like an in-world item. The card edges should fade out of sight, they aren't important. Rarity, fusion level, name, scannable/recognizable imagery, polarity these are the things that should _pop_ not the super busy borders.

3. Card Folding. I understand _why_ you thought it was a good idea, but scanning text wrapped in a busy border is really hard, it requires focus and effort, glancing at a shorter list of images was _much_ easier. you could whizz through the list and tell the mod you wanted from the image instantly. If you really needed to save space then you could have done a much better job by minimizing the card frames and stacking the cards.

I'm not calling for a return to the old mod UI nor am I against the diegetic UI, but within the current design constraints of the overall new UI I think a _lot_ of the mod UI changes were for the worst.

If it were me:

1. Simple cards, not flash around the outside, this is a holographic display showing "card" that represent tech, no reason to make them look like a real thing.

2. Let the player navigate by pattern-matching not _reading_ people are much better at spacial and pattern matching than reading text.

3. Vertical scrolling is better than horizontal. There is a reason people like to "scroll down a list" that way we're parsing one line at a time (Not two as you currently have it)

4. Full cards when they are socketed. If you collapse the cards in every place in the UI you might as well not have cards at all, just text.

Edited by SilentMobius

Dark sectors - I play Warframe for the PvE. It's the reason I started playing it, a cooperative PvE game instead of a PvP oriented game was a nice chamge in what I could find in shooters.

Then came the conclaves. Ok, you wanna play PvP, have fun, as long as I don't have to be forced into it.

Then dark sectors changed from PvE to PvP. Seems logical, but meant I was done with Dark Sectors.

You want a good useful poll? Include the "I'm not in PvP" answer in both dark sector questions. Then you can discard the non-PvP-players answers in order to ask about changes. 

Ability changes on Excalibur.

First things first. His Slash dash Ability has a few flaws in it that make no sense. 

1. The Width-range of the ability is underwhelming and feels like its easy to miss your intended target.. and should actually scale on the weapon you have equipped for melee(huge width range with orthos prime all the way) and not the energy skana width that he currently has.

2. The ability can be body blocked by a wall of enemies. making it underwhelming when used to charge through doorways or hallways filled with enemies. So perhaps a way for Excalibur to push through enemies? as having a 15m long dash blocked to 2m for the entire ability feels silly.. REALLY silly.

Now for Super Jump...:

So while mobility is awesome.. we already have a lot of that in warframe naturally. to the point where it feels like Super jump lacks combat applications outside of very specific scenarios. "Im crowded by enemies! time to go.." or "lemme super jump -> melee ground slam those enemies", Cant forget the "Fly and fire Ogris/penta/Angstrum" move. I mostly use it to speed run the old Void time trials.. which is really fun!(eat my dust nova). But outside of those situations and especially in small and closed areas.. It feels lackluster and loses its usefulness. 

Suggestion -> Rework Super jump to be a toggable ability that heightens all of Excaliburs jumps while its active at the cost of reduced energy(5 at first to 2 energy cost when maxed) Or Give it a good Ground pound finisher when Excalibur lands, put that momentum to use! Just my 2 cents.

2nd Suggestion -> Different ability. Weapons Unite -> Excalibur breaks free of the mold and Wields Both Gun and Sword(Left click for gun.. right click for Melee and Tab(example input) for blocking). Just like in all those posters! give poster boy his Poster skill!

Ability should drain energy slowly while it is active though making it a feed the fire skill.

Radial Javelin... Boy where do i begin! 

Visually Radial Javelin is an off-setter! Those aren't javelins im making.. super glued skavalins.. SO Please make them actually look like what the ability refers to! that would be much appreciated.

In terms of function I do believe high velocity javelins shouldn't be easily stopped by objects. So they definitely need punch-through. The javelins do high damage on their own but moving up levels on enemies means i have to hit 7-8 javelins on enemies above level 30. It would make some sense to Have both Puncture(due to high velocity release) and slash on Excaliburs ultimate. Other than That i do believe Excalibur is alright. 

Moving to the DNA stabilisers... We would Like a cure... having a Pet that was doomed from the moment i created it is not at all what i was expecting. So perhaps make a quest with a cure. Let us atleast make one of our Pups immune for life yo!

Dark Sectors :

They are too control oriented. Not to mention.. THOSE TAXES(some at 75%.. insane people... insane i tell you!). Dark sectors should serve a better purpose than Clans/alliances Vying for galactic domination of their fellow Tenno. The bonuses are nice from them but I stopped playing Dark sectors almost all together... The void sounds better any day of the week!

Edited by Celestias

Super Jump may be the most useless power in the whole game. Not only is it hopelessly outclassed by, say, Zephyr (whose t1 ability does the same thing  EXCEPT it also does damage, AND it can be recast in the air granting real mobility, etc), but it is even rendered redundant by Excal's OWN t1 ability. Slash Dash effectively gives Excal a double jump (at least gives him long reach, granted, no extra vert). 

I can appreciate that Super Jump combined with Slash Dash is useful and fun for exploration, but let's get real here. 

EDIT: 

I would like to use this space to put forth what I think is an excellent suggestion from Thaumatos: Instead of Super Jump, replace with an all purpose Super Jumping and extra overall mobility, like this one he calls 'Keen''  (though I myself am not too 'keen' on the name)

Keen - Personal/AoE Buff

Heightened Run Speed for 'x' seconds.  (Not Volt-like)

Increased Jump Height for 'x' seconds.

Zero Stamina drain for "x" seconds.

I suggest that in order to further differentiate this power from Volt, it would be t3, be more costly (but possibly toggleable) so that it would be similar to Volt's Speed (though with a comparatively bigger emphasis on jumping power - i.e. extra jumping height and not just extra length conferred by Volt's Speed), much like how Decoy and Molt are similar, or Smoke Bomb and Invisibility for that matter. 

I figure as long as such a replacement power maintained a super jumping ability, even the purists won't be too dismayed.

I really like this idea. I can see it as, when the buff is active, jumping activates the Super Jump. I'd suggest that Stamina regeneration simply be improved greatly instead of unlimited stamina, even if the duration of the skill is only 5 to 10 seconds.

As for the name, I suggest "Exceed".

If Excalibur's super jump were to be redone. I would like to see it go higher and either have an innate heavy impact or drop faster so that the mod always activates since I like to use that against my clan mates in the dojo and it works less than half the time.

As for the dna stabilizers I think they are fine as they are but I would like to see an addition of a blueprint. I first thought about this when the kubrows came out and the screen that came up when you tried to give your kubrow a stabilizer said you could buy them from the market or craft them.

I must say i´m a bit dissapointed to not see my Thread in the Hottopics, i´ve put a lot of thought into the suggested changes and it was and is discussed quiet intensively! In short Excalibur needs an complete overhaul, Slash Dash, Radial Blind and Radial Javelin can be saved through tweaks and buffs, but Super Jump simply has to go and make room for something new and more exciting to use. 

For example, like this:

Excalibur:

Slash Dash:

Buffed base damage to 600 Slash Damage; Forced Bleed proc; Increases the Melee hit-Counter by 1 per Enemy hit -> will deal multiplied damage based on the Combo Hit multiplier!

Super Jump:

->Changed to "Super Charge"- now Toggable; drains ~3 Energy/sec

Increased sprint speed by 10% 

Increased Melee Attackspeed by 20%

Increased Staminapool by 100%

Increased Staminaregen by 75%

Channeling costs no energy while this Ability is active!

***Excalibur is in a permanent channeling state while this Ability is active.

Radial Blind: Since Radial Blind is now affected by line of sight, an increase to it´s base range (25m -> ~35m) would be necessary, to make sure everything that "sees" the Blind actually gets blinded by it. Additionally it should open enemys up for melee finishers with it´s intiall stun!

Radial Javelin: Added an additional Shockwave in a small (~8m) radius around Excal upon castin for 800 Blastdamage, Enemys hit by the shockwave are Ragdolled; Forces all physical Procs (imapct, puncture, slash) on the Javelins; increased the Javelin damage from 1000/333x3 to 1200/400x3. Added minor Punch Through ~0.5m on the Javelins, to not be stoped by Shield Lancers.

***(added invulnerability frames during casting animations)

you can find my Thread and detailed descriptions to the changes here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/230673-excalibur-20-reaction-to-1461-changes-and-super-jump-on-all-frames/

Edited by r0ckwolf

Slash Dash should be changed to make it different from Rhino Charge. It should be like that cliche anime samurai/ninja attack where you slash an opponent one as you pass through them and nothing happens at first, and when you sheath your sword the enemy slides apart into a bunch of bloody chunks. Except for Excal, it would function like a teleport (preventing the issue of him getting stuck on enemies if he hits them directly, while also giving him the utility of instantly escaping to cover) and hit every enemy in a straight line between your starting and ending positions. And it can be cast multiple times in row with no cooldown or delay between so you can make zigzags through groups of enemies.

Radial Blind is fine the way it is, don't change it. Other frames have similar abilities that are just as good and it doesn't make sense to nerf a frame that already sucks. It's the only thing that keeps him alive in anything that isn't a node.

Super Jump is kinda dumb, honestly. It doesn't fit the theme of his other powers and isn't very useful. It should be replaced with a better ability that also fits his theme. It should be replaced with another utility power that augments melee in some way but the only powers I can think of are copies of others, like Invis, Speed, Radial Disarm.

Radial Javelin is absolute trash. It only hits a limited number of enemies, it doesn't go through walls, yet it still costs 100 energy and deals the same damage as other 4 powers. I saw someone else's suggestion for a rework that is similar to Vergil's Spriral Swords super from UMvC3. Excal summons several swords that float around him in a circle, kind of like Mirage's clones, except the swords would spin around him. These swords would block all projectiles while not consuming any of Excal's stamina, and whenever you swing your melee weapon the swords will swing as well, damaging any enemy they hit. This solves a melee-only frame two greatest issues: 1. You have to take damage to get close enough to hit your enemy 2. Melee is mostly single target and you can't protect your back and sides while you're attacking an enemy.

Other Buffs Excal is far too squishy and he's one of the slowest frames in game, neither of which is suited for a melee frame.

Stamina increased to 150 (same as Valkyr) at least

Sprint Speed increased to 1.35 (makes him the fastest frame by far)

These buffs make a balls to the wall glass cannon capable of sprinting through hordes of enemies and cutting them up without breaking a sweat, and if we're going to make him the best melee frame, he needs it.

For any of you thinking that this may be too extreme with the buffs, remember that we're trying to make the second-worst frame in the game able to compete with gods like Loki and Nova.

Just an FYI for almost the entirety of this post: I use Ex/Ex Prime almost exclusively as my favorite frame. I've logged an insane amount of hours with him, so these opinions aren't just in passing.

Experimental Ex changes:

Uh...well...you released them on accident and unfinished so it's pretty much hands down I don't like it. I don't really want to comment on unfinished work, because it makes no sense.

Ex Power Revisions:

I've always viewed Excalibur as being one with his blade. Even if it's more lore than anything. I think most of his powers should be tied or scaled to his melee weapon as if it were an extension of his very being.

Slash Dash: At lower levels, it's the most amazing feeling to just slice through a line of enemies. As you get higher, though, it just becomes flat out pointless. Not to mention is has an annoying habit of lifting you 'over' crawlers and such. At later levels it really just becomes more of a movement tool combined with super jump. Scaling the damage with melee would help a lot, and even some kind of a 100% or high percentage proc would help revive this skill.

Radial Blind: Please don't change this. I realize blinding people through walls doesn't make much sense, but so do a lot of powers that go through walls. I don't really see the reason to rework this power because as powerful as radial blind is, the effect is fairly brief. It's enough tos top combat for just a few seconds and escape to safety or give your squad members time to breathe, get snow globe up, etc. It's also useful when someone is down, but I hardly consider it OP or ridiculous in any way.

The Wiki claims a maxed Radial Blind blinds them for 15 second, but I just tested this and it's certainly not true. Using a maxed mod card, I clocked their effect at only about 5 seconds, which feels like the way it's always been. I  don't see how this short stun is worth revamping it. Seems a fair tradeoff to me.

Super Jump: Ironically, probably my favorite power. Before some of the newer frame, this was just the ultimate in mobility. Even still, it gives this great feeling of smooth mobility that I don't feel with Nova or Zephyr. I think the only changes I would suggest is maybe another meter or two on the maxed state to give a bit more access to other areas, and perhaps a short radial stun on jump and landing. Nothing extreme.

Radial Javelin: Probably one of the weaker ultimates on any of the frames. Though I always considered this a tradeoff for Ex's versatility. The main problem with this one is how easily it is blocked by any little object. I think a little damage scaling with melee would be appreciative, and probably an innate puncture to the javelins so that they can't go through walls, but can go through thinner objects at least. Also, some better tracking would be nice. They seem to get confused when locating what enemies to hit. Especially when using super jump before and making it "rain" javelins.

Prime Access Packs:

I'm assuming you mean the "exclusive" accessory packs of the prime access. First and foremost, as a founder, thank you for giving us the option to purchase them separate if we like. I appreciate that a lot.

Moving on, I gotta say this most recent one felt a bit lackluster. The prime extractors have helped me out a lot, but this last one was pure cosmetic. Likewise, do we really need to always pay for a 90 day booster set? I don't really need them (I'm MR17) and I feel shoe-horned into buying them if I want the exclusive set. The double credits is nice, I suppose, but I don't really need the double experience at this point and it mostly goes to waste. I think it would be nicer to see the exclusive 'prime' profile icons there, or maybe have a choice of do I want X booster set or Y booster set. Maybe a resource booster would be more worth it for some people.

Dark Sectors Conflicts:

I'm pure PvE player. I'll say that right now. BUT with that said, I must've tried 30 or 50 conflicts early on to see what it was about and try to get some fun out of it. I hate to say...I found none. The defenders can't defend unless someone is attacking...the attackers have a spawn pool, but the defenders don't...if the attackers are losing, they can just quit...you can activate mods...but only by getting XP, so if you join late you are worthless...I just don't see the fun. At all. I found out all you need to do to win as a defender is bring loki with invisible and a Dragon Nikana. Win.

I know Steve was all excited about it, but...it's just not fun. I know some people like it, and that's fine, let them play. What I don't like is how TOXIC dark sectors have become for the community as a whole. I used to enjoy them from time to time, but when these clans and alliances have started the trend of 75% taxes on both credits and resources....dark sectors are no longer even an OPTION for me even for PvE.

So no, I no longer participate at all.

Dark Sector Changes:

What changes might make me play? Probably none that would happen. Ever thought about having 2 modes? One normal conflict, and one subterfuge? How about one where stealth is key? You attack with your own personal skill under the radar and try to sabotage the rail. Or what about instead of this PvP crap, you let the clan create a gauntlet a-la Dungeon Keeper? I dunno, just something where these giant clans and alliances can't maintain control by pure numbers.

What else might make me play? The idea that so much devtime isn't being wasted on balancing and adjusting all these secondary values and numbers on a PvP mode that you said would NEVER be in the game when I became a founder...

DNA Stabalizers:

I think the cost and decay is fine...Kubrows feel like an "endgame" companion in terms of health and power, so I understand a bit of cost going into maintaining them. What I don't understand is why my kubrow loses health over time instead of loyalty. Seems really back asswards. Likewise, why do I have to WAIT until my kubrow had degraded to +60% health before I can recover his DNA and get him back to health without wasting one of these expensive things? Can't my DNA stabalizer KEEP him at +100% health for X amount of days instead?

"DNA stablizer has run out. Dogmeat II will begin to degrade health every day unless replaced. Install new stabalizer?"

Seems to make way more sense to me.

New Mod UI:

A color-coded mess and a colorblind nightmare. I'm just going to bullet point this one.

- Remove the color overlay from the mod IMAGE. When wanting lightning damage, I'm looking for some kind of shock or electric picture, not a bronze or silver card. Yes, I know the names, but I don't remember which of the four elemental damage names I'm looking for all the time. "Rifle is Convulsion, right? Oh, wait no, that's secondary. Charged Shell is shotgun, so...OH! Right! It's Thunderbolt. Wait, no..Stormbringer? Ah, there we go."

- All the cards look exactly the same. Yes, rarity is easy to tell...but who cares about rarity unless it's a fusion core? I looked at pictures and text before.

- Collapsing is nice, but WHAT DO THEY DO!? Not everyone memorizes every single mod. There is plenty of room to just put quick text there like "+60% ice" or "+120% Multishot" You're focused on new player experience...so why make the new players, and veterans for that matter, mouse-over every single card? I feel sorry for console users when this hits, they don't even have a mouse. they'll need to keep scrolling and scrolling.

- How to fix the colorblind problem: put Rare, Uncommon, Common back on the card. Was there before...just put it back.

- Stop making them swivel...You're working on a setting for sway in the menu...now people are just going to be badgering you for flat mod cards. I just want clear and easy to read menus and UI.

Don't get me wrong, overall I prefer this new layout. I can see more cards, and the mod name is in big bold text that I can see. It's just that I keep seeing the same repeat mistakes that you've already had to correct on the new UI as it is.

HUD 2.0 public reaction: Can you add in a toggle to stop the HUD from moving?

UI 2.0 public reaction: Can you put in a toggle to stop the menu screens from swaying around?

Mentally pictured Mod 2.0 dev planning: "I know! Let's make the mods wiggle around!"

Edited by StrahlTiger

I really like this idea. I can see it as, when the buff is active, jumping activates the Super Jump. I'd suggest that Stamina regeneration simply be improved greatly instead of unlimited stamina, even if the duration of the skill is only 5 to 10 seconds.

As for the name, I suggest "Exceed".

Excellent suggestion there with regards to the stamina, Varzy. And the name. 

The more I think of it, the more I like the idea too. I find it really would help deliver on the initial promise of Excal being a mobility and melee focused frame. (In this case, replacing "Super Jump" with "Exceed" - a more generalized mobility buff that happens to include Super Jumping - would grant modest melee combat buffs due to slightly higher attack rates and the melee benefits of any stamina buff). 

Whenever I think about Excalibur's Super Jump I remember Prototype. In Prototype when you do a super jump, the character slams down hard damaging any enemies close to him. The same effect can be achieved when combining Super Jump with Heavy Impact. However I believe that wasting a mod slot for something that should have been part of the ability is kind of pointless. I'm not saying that Heavy Impact should be removed. I'm just saying it should be part of Super Jump, thus making that rather useless ability more of a utility ability kind of like Volt's Speed which increases movement and melee attack speed.

Dark Sectors and PvP in general; I believe it has been said before by some, but unless we get dedicated servers for PvP then it doesn't really matter how many "balance" changes are made PvP is still going to suck compared to PvE.

When U14 launched, whenever I went to the incubator after getting my kubrow and clicked on the DNA Stabilizer button, I would get a message saying that the stabilizers could be bought at the market of built in the foundry using the blueprint that didn't exist. I'm pretty sure that was a mistake as it was "fixed" later on but here's a thought; why don't we get a blueprint that uses the plants from Earth like the Health Restore one. It would make sense lore-wise. I mean, the Tenno can breed genetically altered war beasts but they have to buy DNA Stabilizers from from the market? How does that make sense? Not only would it make sense but it would be much less costly/time consuming than it already is.

As for the new mod UI, while I do like the new look of the mod cards, the interface itself is less intuitive that the last one. I mean, it's like you guys are reading through all the feedback and doing the exact opposite of what people are asking. I'm not saying that the game should be made according to the players wishes, it's your game and your dream after all, but making something that is actually playable is an integral part of developing a video game. This new UI is sluggish and needs optimization, especially for lower end computers, my laptop (which runs on an Intel Graphics HD 3000) slows down greatly whenever I use the foundry, arsenal, modding menus. Like I said before, the new UI is less intuitive than the stock on that came with U14. Back then whenever I wanted to just browse my mods I  would just go to the mod station, clicked on a button and browse at my leisure. Same for fusing mods or transmuting mods. I would just click the button of whatever I was going to do and viola, quick and clean. Now I go to the modding station and get thrown into the mod void (I have almost every mod in the game + duplicates) and have to pick one mod and click fusion and the look for the mods I'm going to use. Same with transmutation, I have to pick 4 mods in the mess of mods that I own and then click the transmute button. Of course if I accidentally click an already ranked mod, I can't start the transmutation. If I already clicked more than one mod, I can't start the fusion process. This new UI has way too much unnecessary clicking. 

As for the rest, a lot of people have already mentioned many good points so I won't repeat everything they've already said.

Radial Javelin - Needs to be more interesting. It could have 2 phases:

1) Upon activation, the "javelins" spin around Excalibur for a duration (scales with mods). During this time they deal damage to nearby enemies, or, while blocking with melee, gives you efficient 360 degree blocking! You know, something to emphasize his melee role. The aoe-damage synergizes very well with the mobility of Slash Dash too btw ;)

2) When the first phase ends, or if you activate the ability again mid-duration, it launches the javelins like it does now. Added to its current effect i'd like to see them ragdolling the hit enemies and very minimal puncture (just to go through shield lancers and thin cover).

LOVE the 2-stage ultimate idea. Ex needs something fun and creative like this.

I must say i´m a bit dissapointed to not see my Thread in the Hottopics, i´ve put a lot of thought into the suggested changes and it was and is discussed quiet intensively! In short Excalibur needs an complete overhaul, Slash Dash, Radial Blind and Radial Javelin can be saved through tweaks and buffs, but Super Jump simply has to go and make room for something new and more exciting to use. 

For example, like this:

Slash Dash:

Buffed base damage to 600 Slash Damage; Forced Bleed proc; Increases the Melee hit-Counter by 1 per Enemy hit -> will deal multiplied damage based on the Combo Hit multiplier!

Super Jump:

Channeling efficency increased by ~60% (unaffected by Power Strenght)

***Excalibur is in a permanent channeling state while this Ability is active

Radial Blind: Since Radial Blind is now affected by line of sight, an increase to it´s base range (25m -> ~35m) would be necessary, to make sure everything that "sees" the Blind actually gets blinded by it.

Radial Javelin: Added an additional Shockwave in a small (~8m) radius around Excal upon castin for 800 Blastdamage, Enemys hit by the shockwave are Ragdolled; Forces all physical Procs (imapct, puncture, slash) on the Javelins; increased the Javelin damage from 1000/333x3 to 1200/400x3.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/230673-excalibur-20-reaction-to-1461-changes-and-super-jump-on-all-frames/

It actually is in the hot topic, just expand the first "spoiler"

btw. I liked your super charge idea very much

Edited by tocorro

Regarding DNA Stabilizers, I heard a pretty good solution a while back. Make it so Loyalty degrades by day instead of health and health degrades when the kubrow dies. That way the credit cost will only be a penalty for not looking out for your furry friend. And if you haven't been on in weeks you have to earn their loyalty back slowly because of the limited interactions. I feel like it makes a little more sense this way then how it is now.

For example, like this:

Slash Dash:

Super Jump:

Channeling efficency increased by ~60% (unaffected by Power Strenght)

***Excalibur is in a permanent channeling state while this Ability is active

Radial Blind: Since Radial Blind is now affected by line of sight, an increase to it´s base range (25m -> ~35m) would be necessary, to make sure everything that "sees" the Blind actually gets blinded by it.

Radial Javelin: Added an additional Shockwave in a small (~8m) radius around Excal upon castin for 800 Blastdamage, Enemys hit by the shockwave are Ragdolled; Forces all physical Procs (imapct, puncture, slash) on the Javelins; increased the Javelin damage from 1000/333x3 to 1200/400x3.

Indeed, the ''Super Charge'' looks a lot like what some of us have been throwing around in this and other thread. The thing I would add is that I think ''Super Charge'' should retain a ''Super Jump'' as part of its functionality - to appease the many people who love Super Jump. 

In response to the DNA stabilizers, This is a post I made a while back that didn't get much attention. Maybe it'll be a bit more interesting now I guess? In any case this is how I feel about stabilizers. This is my feedback, and if anyone's interested It's in this spoiler tag.

Hi there, Now I'm aware many people will likely open this thread with a simple "remove them" in mind. However I wanna talk about changing them. Currently we have animals in our ships that are NOT clones. We went to earth and picked up a fertilized Kubrow egg, brought it on to our ships, decided if we wanted to change some traits around or not, then regardless of our decision we waited for it to hatch. This is in no way, shape, or form "Cloning"

So why do we need to stabilize their DNA? There's plenty of happy healthy Kubrows running around the whiles of earth who have undergone the same upbringing. This confused me until I thought about it from a gameplay perspective. Logically Food would be the consumable needed to sustain our lovable lama dogs, but how much can dog food really cost? 10-30 credits? Why even bother letting us feed them then? When you look at it this way it might make it more reasonable that a mysterious DNA stabilizer is necessary, and those thing sound pricey!

So for whatever reason we have a need to make the investment relevent, but in doing so we've lost any rational lore related reason for doing this. What I think we should do is change the consumable to some form of food. This presents a small problem, but I also feel it can open up some neat opportunities that the community will love.

The problem is how does dog food cost 100k in creds? Well earth is a pretty dangerous place as you may have noticed, and only Tenno seem to keep Kubrows as pets (currently). So I say we build a new type of drone that collects food for us. This is much more dangerous a mission as compared to going to a deserted spot on a planet and grabbing some resources. So expect your drone to die after about 6 uses to a kubrow that wasn't very happy with its food being stole. 

So I've pretty much changed nothing at this point gameplay wise other than even more micromanagement (I'm sure people will love me for that.) But I think there are other ways this could be beneficial.

Food types!

That's right! you can get different types of food, initially I was thinking of three in particular:

Basic food - This is just as it sounds, all the good of a basic DNA stabilizer (40% fullness) plus it'll increase loyalty by 20%

Fatty food - this one is very fatty and flavorful. This food will have a chance of increasing your kubrow's weight. and increase their loyalty by 25% (40% fullness as well)

Lean Food - This is much like the fatty food but the opposite. This food will have a chance of decreasing your kubrow's weight. and increase their loyalty by 20% (40% fullness as well)

Maybe other attributes can be attributed to the type of food you feed your kubrow most, but these are what I had in mind. This would be much more immersive than shooting them full of chemicals, plus it gives us a bit of customization to our furry friends!

So please! thumbs up, and comment if you like this post, if you have feedback or ideas lease let me know! and I hope you enjoyed reading this idea :D

The original post is here if anyone's interested.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/295201-why-dna-stabilizers-should-be-food-instead-please-read-d/#entry3368078

I have participated in the polls,still I will elaborate it.

How do you feel about the recent experimental Excalibur changes?

If you are talking about Radial Blind being a Line of Sight ability,then I am perfectly ok with it. It needs a nerf,but not too much.

Maybe,decrease base duration a bit as well. Or,remove stealth multipliers but make it so that the enemies dont move for the entire duration of the ability.

Which Excalibur abilities need a revision?

All,tbh.

Slash Dash needs utility.

Radial Blind needs a nerf.

Super Jump needs a serious rework.

Radial Blind needs a fix(as in fix Excal standing in one spot like a retard after casting Javelin) and a bit of utility.

How do you think Slash Dash should be revised?

Scale damage with melee is nice. Or add in 100% Slash Proc. Because scaling with Melee might make it OP for 1st ability(You know,with a D.Nikana).

How do you think Radial Blind should be revised?

Explained in point 1.

How do you think Super Jump should be revised?

TBH,this is the most useless ability of any frame I have seen. Ripline and Tailwind are straight away better. My suggestion would be to add an entirely new ability replacing Super Jump.

Or maybe add in the ability to divebomb(moderate damage and ragdoll) like Zephyr when I press melee button.

How do you think Radial Javelin should be revised?

Yes,this one's damage should scale with melee. And add in utility like pinning alive enemies also to walls for a duration. And also,*ffs* fix the animation. I still dont get it why Excal stands in one place like a retard after using Javelin. What,he thinks he is in Olympics and wants to see how far his Javelins went?

How do you feel about DNA Stabilizers?

Just one question for Kubrow!

Anyway,as much as I would like to see Stabilizers gone,its not a very big problem. So,I don't care if it stays.

But....

Stasis Recovery time.....Please get rid of that. And I am sure 90% of the community will say the same. No one rush the recovery,there is no gain for you(as in DE),only pain for Tenno in this option.

What’s your opinion on the new MOD UI?

New Mod UI is very nice. Just needs a bit of polish. One thing that comes to mind is that make the mod-level indicator more visible. Its pretty hard to tell the rank of a mod at a glance now. Most of the times,I see the "Cost to Equip" and realise which mod is of what rank.

Thats all.I wont comment on Dark Sectors,because I may just open a thread about it. I have lots of things about Dark Sectors in mind,but well,I am running low on time.

Edited by NN13

Personally I think the changes should be part of a full rework.

Slash Dash could use both more damage and more utility. as does Radial Javelin. 

Super Jump I'm conflicted about. I don't want to see the ability completely removed, but it is useful in certain situations. My suggestion would be to add a new effect, such as a knockback AoE around his location when he jumps/lands (the mod that has this effect will just make it bigger.)

For PvP changes to Weapons/Warframes/Mods would make me play it more, but alternatively I feel "banning" PvE Mods and creating PvP Mods would be better and less stressful.

How do you think Radial Blind should be revised?

I do not think it should be able to go through tile walls and doors. Aside from that I do not see it being able to be used behind cover being a bad thing. Radial Blind requiring line of sight would make it extra punishing to use on most grineer maps due to the plethora of cover available in them.

How do you think Super Jump should be revised?

Give it a knockdown effect on take off and landing and allow it to be used in midair (but only once in midair). ie you jump and can perform the super jump in midair but can not do a second one until you touch ground (or a wall) to prevent limitless super jump chaining. Additionally allow the animation for super jump to be cancelled mid jump, as it stands you cannot perform other actions while the animation is playing  until you reach the apex of the jump. This animation "lock" severely limits the control the player has over this mobility skill.

Slash dash scaling off of melee damage is needed, maybe an additional status proc chance but it is the most fun/useful of excalibur abilities IMO since it is basically what makes excalibur worthy of his name. 

Super jump needs more utility. What I would like to see is super jump activate a buff state for melee somewhat similar to channeling where Excalibur "stores" energy and then this charge can be used in different ways. Like if you melee it burns the charge for a very powerful basic melee attack maybe an auto crit or damage buff similar to attacking an enemy in stealth or instant finisher. If you sprint it gives you a short speed burst for maybe 1-5 seconds. Jumping would consume the charge for the regular super jump. Maybe shooting would give increased fire rate. Basically if Excal is an "all around" frame then he could essentially channel energy into his warframe for added bonuses to basic attacks or movements. but 

Another idea is keep super jump the way it is but if you do a downward melee jump stab while superjumping it adds an additional radial damage proc similar to dive bomb. 

Radial blind is fine maybe it should offer a small amount of damage or a chance at a burn proc in addition to the blind if the range and line of sight nerfs remain. 

For radial javelin if the enemies don't die from the initial hit the javelin should remain impaled in them and stun them/prevent them from moving for a certain amount of time. 

On Excal:

Slashdash should get the Bladestorm treatment of guaranteed slash proc and melee combo increase.

EDIT2: I like the suggestion #2 in https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/307078-scaling-excalibur/

I think it's probably fine how it is, but if Radial Blind has to be revised to include LoS, the revision should also include reflection and "punchthrough".

The reflection would perhaps remove 3/4 of the remaining range each time it reflected.

The "punchthrough" would obviously only be needed vs terrain, and would devour range at double rate (i.e. 1.5 meters of terrain == 3 meters of empty space or enemies).

Super Jump should totally be castable in midair, or perhaps just make it act like a one-use, personal Bounce. The second would allow you to do cool things like aim and shoot and not look derpy while rising.

Radial Javelin should pin the enemies to the walls regardless of whether they're alive or not. They should stay ragdolled until the javelins despawn.

Otherwise, this ability's coolest function is overshadowed by literally every bow in the game, if properly modded.

Dark Sectors:

It should not be so intensely difficult to unseat a Dark Sector's incumbent, or Honor Armistices should only be long enough to allow maybe 5-10% repair. This could be accomplished by making repairs take longer, Honor Armistices shorter, or (preferred) make the rail not have so much health in the first place.

Running for either side should grant all or part of the normal credit reward for running the actual Infested mission, in addition to what the combatants are handing out.

Holding a Dark Sector should be profitable for the alliance/clan itself. Perhaps all the bonuses for an owned Dark Sector would be multiplied by 1.5? This would make Dark Sectors more than just advertising/prestige :P

A fairly decent way to make Dark Sector Conflicts less silly would be to just remove ultimate ("4") abilities entirely.

This would even make Ash not too OP. I think.

EDIT: By OP, I mean that Ash not just reduces, but removes, player agency. When you get BS'd (pun intended), you just get stabbed/interrupted/slashprocced generally multiple times before slowly and surely bleeding out. Bear in mind that I haven't tried DSC's yet since the BS nerf, so we'll see.

Edited by L33tV154g3