September 12Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

September 12th Community Hot Topics  

2,270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Super Jump should either be a part of basic Warframe movement or it should be one of the additional Warframe abilities that will work for any frame. In its place should be something else. I personally would like some kind of buff that allows unlimited stamina for a certain time period and reflects 200+% of damage back at enemies.

Slightly incidentally, will there be a way to sell/fuse maxed mods? In particular before I had any idea what they were I leveled up some damaged mods to test them, and now they are just irritating clutter. Possibly some kind of specific button to see/sell/fuse maxed mods?

Excalibur Changes

Slash Dash

Currently, it's only useful for mobility but you can save mod slots & points by just using copter friendly weapons. So, my proposal is this..

Have it scale with your melee (as suggested), add to the combo meter, have a wider Area of Effect & force a bleed proc. Also, to bypass the "getting stuck on/stopped by enemies" you can ever so slightly edit the animation. By giving it a somewhat teleport like animation, you can completely ignore the getting stuck issue while simultaneously giving it a nicer, space ninja, "epic sword master" look. Upon activation, Excalibur "draws" his energy sword, leans forward, & appears at point B (a certain amount of meters directly in front of you). He's not teleporting, he's just moving so fast you can't see him get to point B. Everything within the line you traveled gets hit. You can replace his character model with a streak of light or something along those lines for the "dash."

Key:

A = Excalibur @ point A 

I = Enemies

B = Xcal @ point B

O - I   I   I   I   I  ->O

{No lines in between each enemy was purposely done as an attempt to demonstrate how you don't "visually" hit every enemy}

By tweaking the animation in this way, you won't need to add innate punch through & would prevent enemies from stopping your movement; not to mention how cool that would look. Slash Dash would appear to be instantaneous. The cast time of this move should be as brief as it is now, so the "drawing" of the energy sword can be nixed & just have it appear like it does now. 

Radial Blind

To be honest, I don't see the need to add LoS to this ability. As others have said, plenty of powers don't obey LoS logic. I don't see why this one needs to. It's good as is. When you have frames like Mirage who's Ult can do great damage (in most cases, kill everything in the room), blind almost as well as RB, AND move around the room (in case LoS is applied to this move) & Oberon, who can also kill everything within range of his Ult...but oh wait, they didn't die? They're now blinded. There were too many enemies & some didn't get caught in the slam? Now THEY'RE blinded too! I just really don't see the need to nerf RB with LoS rules. I mean, light can reflect off of objects. I mean, if enemies have to see me to be blinded, that means I'm being shot at. If the enemies are 70+ I'm dead before I get the move off. 

****I suggest renaming this ability to "Radial Disrupt," "Radial Breach," or something along those lines. Now, the ability will effect the senses of your enemies, blinding AND deafening them! (maybe not "deafening" but an "attack" on the auditory system or just a broad statement saying "disrupting their senses") It already has a loud audible sound when casting. This way, you can leave it as is (no implementing LoS) & have a more obvious legitimate reason for it not obeying LoS logic.****

If DE's hearts are just soooo set on the application of LoS, then please increase the duration of the initial stun of RB. 

Another option if DE thinks RB still needs a nerf is to simply reduce to the max reach of RB.

Super Jump

Similarly to Slash Dash, this move is also used only for mobility....oh wait, that's it's intended purpose! 

Jokes aside, this move is very lackluster. It seems slow, you can't really go forward when in the air after casting, & is just overall underwhelming. So, I propose this...

a.) If the same animation must be kept, give it minor CC & damage with a slight increase in mid-air mobility. When casting,                Excal leaps into the air causing a vacuum at his feet (~8m r). When landing, it acts as a ground slam, creating a shock wave with the same radius as the vacuum created from the initial jump. The damage should be very small.

b.) Implement r0ckwolf's "Super Charge" idea but with the ability to still "Super Jump" with no added CC or damage from SJ.

c.) Replace it completely with Shuuro's "Way of the Tenno" ability from the 1st page. 

d.) Add the ability to jump in certain directions (i.e. forward, left, right back) by tapping the number key & w, a, s, or d.                        Tapping the number key alone would take you straight up. Possibly add a double jump. Maybe combine this with a.

I'd prefer b or c, to be honest. 

Radial Javelin

In it's current state, it's absolutely useless outside of Mercury (obvious exaggeration). Here's my proposal if the ability cannot be changed animation wise..

Scale the damage with melee, add CC, & give the javelins some homing functionality. Grant them innate punch through (shields. enemies, & environment [to a degree]. I mean come on, it's an Ult. If It's gonna cost me 100 energy it needs to be worth while.They're energy swords after all. Plus, plenty of Ults ignore the environment). Also, it should pin enemies to walls. If they do not die, they are pinned (this is where the minor CC comes in). While pinned to the wall, they can still shoot you (& vice versa), they just can't move. There would be a set duration for this. After that, the blades will dissolve/disappear & the enemies will be unpinned from the wall & can once again roam freely. The duration could be around ~2-4 secs. I'm not sure, but should be short. Also, I recommend making the pinned duration of living enemies absolute. RJ should only be effected by mods that can effect the current RJ. (I suggested all of this in another thread)

There is nothing wrong with adding CC to this ability as almost every other frame has CC in their Ult. 

Also, significantly decrease the post-cast time for this move. Since you basically need to be in the middle of a crowd for maximum effectiveness, there is absolutely no reason it should take so long to get this move off. I don't want to get shot up after I've already cast the move. I want to get out of there! 

Here's a suggestion for added synergy between powers in addition to my Radial Javelin suggestions above: 

After RJ has been cast, you can cast Radial Disrupt Radial Blind to detonate the javelins (on top of RB's CC effects) for either A.) A set amount of blast damage (i.e. 1000 blast dmg) or B.) Blast damage that scales with your melee -- or something along those lines.

However, if changing the animation or the power in general is a possibilty, I'd like to see...

a.) Shuuro's "Way of the Tenno" move from the 1st page & having it effect only Excal. It's a great idea. 

b.) An entire new power. There are many ideas for a new power that are good. However, I'm not a big fan of the ones that                suggest having the blades spin around you, yada yada.

Edit: 

How often do you participate in Dark Sectors?

Frequently.

They're fun, despite being unbalanced. It's also something different than the rest of the game modes, in which those can get tedious & boring at times. I enjoy it much better than the PVE Dark Sector (which I played much less) because that mode was no different than other game modes.

Would you Participate more if any of the following changes were implemented?

Changes to equipment/warframes/weapons

I would suggest giving several weapons an MK1 version (for pvp) & give every Warframe stats based on their "role". Give everyone a general energy pool size (which can vary, albeit slightly) & balance from there. Get rid of the upgrades & mods, but give every frame all of their powers (but of course would need to tweak dmg & duration of powers). Since their would be no mods & you could make energy not too available, it would make players think wisely about when to use powers (especially the 100 Ults). You would probably need to increase health across the board. You're basically putting every frame on the same playing field. I hope this makes sense. All of this is only for Darksector PVP, btw. For balancing. 

You would probably need an option for PVE & PVP version for those that just don't want to PVP. 

[size=5]How do you feel about DNA stabilizers?[/size]

They should cost less.

Tbh, I'm indifferent on the matter. I can afford the current price, but I know others can't & don't want to have to farm for the cred. So, I chose "they should cost less." However, I've never had to farm for the Kubrow upkeep. I've always just had the money. And no, I'm not sitting on millions of credits nor have I ever seen above maybe 2 mil at one given time. On average, I sit around 400-500k.

What's your opinion on the new Mod UI?

I like it.

Of course it could use improvement, but overall, I like it. Especially the section that shows your stats changing. Thank God for that. With the previous UI, more often than not, I did locate each mod via picture. However, with this new Mod UI, I realized that I also ended up learning the names as well so finding a mod has not been any more difficult than before. 

Edited by Rexlars

How do you feel about the recent experimental Excalibur changes?

The changes should be part of a complete rework.

A thing to consider:
Excal's Radial Blind serves 2 purposes.
For a new player it's a fairly expensive OH SHI~! button, but it doesn't break the game.
His ult is a 'clear this room' button.

Once a player builds up a mod-arsenal, however, things start to change:
(In my judgement. Not talking for anyone else:) Radial Jav gets benched as a low-mid (enemy) level skill which doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant bringing it to anything past level ~30.
Radial Blind on the other hand costs a trifling 12.5 energy (with no Excal skill using duration (no, I don't count Slash Dash) this isn't even have a downside/choice,) and blinds 45+ meters, regardless of geography; becoming his signature move.

This reminds me of another frame. Mag.
Compare and contrast with Shield Polarize/Crush.
(How many well-stocked people use Mag for anything other than Shield Polarizing Corpus?)

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but it's something to keep in mind.

Which Excalibur abilities need a revision? (can select more than one)

Voted Super Jump.

Would include RB and RJ, but that depends on other things.

Voted C.

<snip>

(re Taegire01's suggestion about making RB Excal's ult.)

I was actually thinking about this.

That's an option: Leave the mechanics as they are and make it his ult, or change them and leave it as his 2.

Thing is, I like that choice as a well-stocked player. I can afford its energy cost going from 12.5 to 25.

A newbie who chose Excal and missed yesterday's Fleeting Expertise alert...? Excal's toolset doesn't offer much else to get a newbie through.

Slash Dash is fine for what it is, but it's linear whereas enemies are usually spread out. Super Jump is... ... really? and Radial Javcan clear a (low-mid level) room as an ult, but unless it can mostly still do so, you're seriously crippling new players who chose your mascot frame.

How do you think Slash Dash should be revised?

No opinion on this topic.

Remember what I said about the first new Community Hot Topics format? (No of course you don't, why should you? So I'll remind you: )

"While I love the ability to give feedback, and I understand that polls are a way to 'at a glance' a lot of info... they require accurate phrasing to make clear the point they're getting at.

This can be an issue, and is my only gripe with the new Hot Topics format."
I can't just talk about Slash Dash. It's part of a whole (toolset).
It can be turned into a low-level nuke. It can become more of a mobility/utility skill. Depends on what his other skills offer.

How do you think Radial Blind should be revised?
  1.  It should not be revised.
  2.  No opinion on this topic.

Voted 'Should not be revised'.

Want to choose both, again, it depends. See my quotebox above.

How do you think Super Jump should be revised?
  1.  No opinion on this topic.

None of the options fit.

I think Super Jump shouldn't exist.

Maybe I'm just 'not pro enough'. I find Super Jump completely useless.

Can't be cast in the air, can't be used to scale walls, doesn't give you increased maneuverability (since it launches you straight up regardless of your momentum).

A souped up bunnyhop for 75 energy.

Seriously?

How do you think Radial Javelin should be revised?

As with all straight-damage anything (weapons, skills, etc.), it will fall off against enemy scaling. It will. The question is only when.

Scaling it with melee with put off that point, but that's only delaying the inevitable.

[size=6]Of course, until an... 'acceptable' "endgame" option exists beyond endless missions, this is a subject that will keep coming up.[/size]

Due to how enemy scaling works, CC scales infinitely. Flat damage does not.

So this will come up with every damage-based ability, but especially for ults.

Not something new, I know.

But still might've needed saying.

How satisfied have you been with the previous prime accessory packs?

Accessory packs don't hold much appeal to me.

*shrug*

How often do you participate in Dark Sectors Conflicts?
  1.  Never.

I'm sitting on 8+ mil credits.

While this will all (and then some) be needed to max mods, I've nowhere near enough fusion fodder.

By the time I do, I'll no doubt have enough and more than enough credits for anything I need.

That being the case, I don't even bother with DSC for battlepay.

I did when they were initially changed, to check them out. I was displeased with the situation and provided feedback to that effect.

The situation's unchanged, and so I've no reason to return.

I did, for a couple days, do nothing but DSC to try and oust tax-extortionists.

And was that an exercise in frustration.

Won some battles but lost every single war.

Battlepay and cheese-frames win the day. (And SURPRISE! 75%+ taxes on a popular node means you'll have battlepay.)

Thanks, no thanks.

No return on the effort.

Not worth the time.

Certainly not worth the gnrfl.

Would you participate more if any of the following suggestions were implemented?
  1.  Changes to equipment/warframes/weapons.
  2.  Changes to matchmaking for Conflicts.

Why can't I choose more than one option?

Chose other.

An example showing both issues:

Being solo defender vs some combination of 4 Ashs/Valkyrs gunning for 100k battlepay = not my idea of a good time.

How do you feel about DNA Stabilizers?

Don't like Kubrows. Don't use Kubrows. Don't care.

What’s your opinion on the new MOD UI?

1.  Needs some changes.

Words need decyphering. Pictures are much more easily 'grok'ed.

The pictures are effectively unseeable in minimized mode, meaning I need to remember the quality of the mod I'm looking for and actively read each name, rather than just taking a glance and going 'Oh. This one.'

Also, the rank-dots need to be a bit bigger or easily discernable.

Edited by Chroia

About Dark Sector Conflicts

I'm a rank 16 with about 2,000 hours and I think they're good, but I never play them.  I have no interest in PvP, but I kinda like Dark Sectors because of the rarity of the players.  I find its about five npcs for every PvP person, which works for me.  I like the other players to act kinda like exemus enemies, in that regard.

Two problems, though, keep me from playing Dark Sectors.

1)  If I join late I'm a lvl 1 vs a bunch of lvl 15's or some such.  Despite my skill I cannot catch up to the other players or make a difference in the outcome.  So it seems pointless to join a mission in progress.

2)I'm so confused!  I still haven't figured out when my mods come online, or if I can change the order of them.  I'm ok with unlocking them, though it seems pointless and contributes to problem 1 too much.

I'd play more, but what is going on?!  I don't care enough to read a wiki for 20 mins to understand.  I just tried it a few times and then moved on to things I know I like and understand.

I really dislike the idea of stabilizers from a thematic point. The kubrow are, as the lore currently depicts them, ungodly abortions of science that will unravel genetically the moment you take your eye off of them. Given the Grineer, and how highly criticized their cloning practices are it seems absolutely backwards to me that Tenno are basically doing exactly the same thing. Nevermind that we have to first brutalize sentient creatures, steal their egg, and then force it to rapidly mature in a span of less than a week, we then can only prolong its' life with constant dedication since the thing we brought into the world is biologically trying to kill itself. It paints the Tenno in this really dark light for something that is presented to me as something I'm supposed to feel good about. 

In general I feel like Kubrows were weirdly designed with this philosophy towards not actually using them. The stabilizer requirements, the dying, the 3 hour wait time, the loyalty, everything about the Kubrow is designed around making sure that I utilize them as infrequently as possible. For a long time I refused to even engage with the content because of how annoying and committed I was expected to be towards it. 

If nothing else, at least ensure that they cannot die for forgetting to do something as benign as putting them away before you log out and go work for a week. I would also *greatly* appreciate it if the 3 hour wait period between using them again was either removed entirely or significantly reduced. A system that feeds them without me having to actually be there would be ideal. 

As for Excalibur: 

Radial Blind is used as often as it is because it is really the only power within his arsenal that merits much use and allows Excalibur to be the melee frame that he is toted as (4x multiplier on blinded enemies). I am okay with reducing the powers effectiveness, but only if the rest of his powers are made relevant. I do think the line of sight limitations are illogical, at least in the way they were presented in our brief exposure during the last patch: A flash grenade would not be greatly mitigated by being behind cover or another friend. I'm sure you know that, but it bears repeating all the same. I also think it opens the flood gates for conversations about other radial CC powers and whether or not *they* should require line of sight. Rhino's Stomp? How is Nova's MPrime going through walls? Is Nyx mind control limited to enemies she can see? Where would it end?

If you wanted to reduce the effectiveness of Radial Blind I would ditch the LoS thing entirely. I like instead the idea of the power losing intensity the further away an enemy is from it, both as a gameplay mechanic and logical explanation. Perhaps enemies very close to Excalibur are blinded for longer than the current duration, while those far away are blinded for significantly less. This would also further emphasis his role as a melee combatant as he would want to be up close to ensure that priority threats are dazed for as long as possible. 

I like the idea of Slash Dash using your weapons melee components to influence the damage, but caution needs to be taken with this route to ensure that Excalibur isn't forced to use high base damage weapons just to get good usage out of Slash Dash. Other stats like attack speed of the weapon could influence his charge velocity, or maybe the status chance of a weapon could activate with Slash Dash. Just something a little more detailed so I don't see every Excalibur with a giant weapon affixed to his back. 

Radial Javelin needs to be a heavy hitter on par with Blade Storm or other highly damaging moves. Right now it is completely inferior to just about everything as it does very little damage and has absolutely no utility. As lame as 'moar damage' is as a suggestion, it really wouldn't be a bad place to start. Maybe it could do knock back against enemies as well? I imagine being hit with a Light Spear might send me flying across a room. 

Super Jump needs... Something. I would prefer utility over damage, as I would prefer damage to be handled with Slash Dash/Javelin. Perhaps it could act as a catalyst for other powers? For example: Super Jump in the middle of Slash Dash might propel Excalibur forward faster, increase the area of effect, and cause knock down. Super Jump and then Radial Blind might increase the range of the effect. Super Jump and Radial Javelin could cause pillars of light to fling enemies into the air. Super Jump by itself would naturally still function as normal. Although they energy cost for the power could change on whether or not it is being used contextually with something else, it's base energy should remain around 10. It would definitely gives it additional purpose and a greater "cool" factor. 

Edited by Acos

I'm looking for some kind of sock or electric picture, not a bronze or silver card. Yes, I know the names, but I don't remember which of the four elemental damage names I'm looking for all the time. "Rifle is Convulsion, right? Oh, wait no, that's secondary. Charged Shell is shotgun, so...OH! Right! It's Thunderbolt. Wait, no..Stormbringer? Ah, there we go."

^ Omg someone finally said it.  Why oh why is it so confusing.

Excalibur, I'm quite honestly surprised people think Radial Blind isn't strong enough of a CC, as it is very powerful and flexible with how to build for it. What I would suggest if in a compromise, since people want it to be even harder of a CC,  is to exchange that more power, for less range. Then also make his Super Jump and Slash Dash better as mobility skills, let them animation cancel in to melee attacks or abilities early so people can very quickly manoeuvre in to a perfect position. Giving Super Jump aerial activation. Slash Dash directly in to a super jump for amazing vertical and horizontal coverage. Make them very flexible skills so his powerful but limitted AoE abilitie can be used to greater effect through them. 
Radial Blind is probably only slightly weaker than chaos, roughly on the same tier as Rhino Stomp but filling a different niche. It can not be justifiably made stronger without a tradeoff.  LoS is one option, and is probably the most fitting one out of all abilities to have line of sight as a limitation, as it directly effects sight and uses light. Most abilities are magic and/or shockwaves, which would probably pass through walls a lot easier. And while light does bend around corners to some extent, this also weakens it, meaning it is less likely to fully blind someone more than just stun them. Others I have liked are making the blind duration scale with distance, effectively shortening the skill without actually doing so. 
Perhaps for Javelin I'd suggest a couple of ideas that could work for it, mild punch through/corpse launch, and the ability to scale with melee damage/multiplier like Bladestorm, making each a unique twist on the idea of a melee super finisher.  
Let him combo amazing mobility, with short/limitted range but powerful Radial abilities Blind and Javelin. Giving him a very solid feel as a 'melee' frame.  

For DNA stabilizers, they don't have to leave. That is an option, but there are other ways around the problem they create with Kubrows. Because it is in fact a good thing Kubrows can be made stronger with continued maintenance. That is part of their niche and what helps define them as a pet.
What doesn't work with them, is that not using stabilizers, not infinitely throwing credits at Kubrows can cause them to die, and have all that hard work be lost because they are simply not a profitable investment and are too high maintenace. If they're to be kept, stop Kubrow degradation at base health, and stabilizers heal up to the current 200%. Kubrows should take damage to their health if they die in a mission without revival, and they die permanently if one abuses them in missions like this. Stabilizers can be used to shorten healing time, or, the Kubrows will naturally recover given time. A quick booster shot before a tough mission is now an attractive choice, more than a necessity because the Kubrow keeps falling apart any ways. 

As for the mod UI, I think a large part of the problem is that the way players were using it before, the way that was most natural and effective, was searching and selecting by the easily noticeable visual cues which are now smaller and obscured. It is very hard to tell or spot what one is looking at, and no amount of adjustments is going to make the system faster than the old one with the new look or the new layering. It looks fantastic though.
What could help though is keyboard shortcuts. I'd find it a lot easier to wasd through each mod to find the one I want, and potentially use qe to swap between polarities or other sorting forms than I would doing it with a mouse. Maybe even 1234etc, could be shortcuts to major locations that have been deeply buried in the UI. I dont know if these specific combinations would actually be helpful, but they're the general idea of what would be helpful. 
The entire UI is navigable with the mouse alone, so being unfamiliar with the shortcuts and key controls will not hinder new players, but it will be greatly helpful to older players who can get comfortable with them more easily. 

Also I think it should be noted, please make sure LoS is working accurately. I tested it while Radial Blind had it and so many LoS moments seemed to fail for no reason. It almost felt like Excalibur's butt was the origin of the light and not the actual flash of light raised in the air.

Edited by LukeAura

Satisfaction with Previous Prime Access Packs

I personally hate the Prime Access packs and everything they stand for. 

Dark Sectors

I don't play PvP so even if you changed stuff I would still not play it. 

DNA Stabilizers

I personally think they should be removed along with the freaking "out-of-the-freezer" period. Replace it with food or something, it would make a lot more sense. 

New Mod UI

I really do not have much opinions about this. It will take some time to get used too.

Here's how I would change Excalibur:

Slash Dash

- Now procs bleed

- Is faster

- Causes stagger on hit

- Causes 500 damage at max level, affected by melee combo multipliers

- Each enemy hit adds +1 to melee counter

Radial Blind

- At max level blinds enemies for 12 seconds instead of 15

- Max level range is 20 meters instead of 25

- Increase cost to 75 energy

Super Jump

- Height is now affected by Duration

- Causes a small shockwave that staggers enemies

- Enemies hit increase combo counter

- Cost increased to 15 energy

Radial Javelin

- Javelins deal 1500 finisher damage at max level

- Now have punch through

- Deals knockdown to enemies

- Procs bleed and puncture

- Enemies hit increase combo counter

- Melee multipliers affect damage

Those changes would make Excalibur have more utility, be more focused on melee and mobility, give him a good ultimate and a decent nerf to Radial Blind without neutering it. Excal becomes balanced between melee, utility, crowd control and damage while being one of the most engaging and skill reliant frames.

Scale damage with melee or add bonus damage based from melee and maybe add utility.

Can you bring back the old animation when we equip our melee while Slash Dash?

Because I like Stalker style.

Bring back the old Radial Blind and increase it's crowd control a little bit. Since Radial Blind is like a Flashbang, so we don't need additional damage. Just make it like a Flashbang.

Like Slash Dash, can you bring back the old animation when we equip our melee while Radial Blind?

Because I like to become Gandalf.

Add Heavy Impact or small AoE knockdown when landing.

Same with Slash Dash suggestion, scale damage with melee or add bonus damage based from melee and maybe add utility.

Then, can you bring back the old animation when we equip our melee while activating Radial Javelin?

Because, it's awesome. Just imagine we equip our Scindo or Galatine or another Heavy melee weapon and do Radial Javelin. Then, many real Skana launch through the enemies. Oh, I'm really miss that moment.

Occasionally. Because their tax is just ridiculous.

I like it, but need some changes. Beside we can see mod name, how about we can see mod ability (while we not pointing at mod)?

Edited by ZackNeutron

Slash Dash

I selected "Both 1 & 2", but come with a warning: dont make it overshadow abilities that do the same (rhino charge, tidal surge)

Radial Blind

I saw a suggestion somewhere about giving it a small wall penetration function to not feel completly nerfed to the ground with the LoS change, and really liked that idea. Something around 0.5 would suffice. Another was that enemies behind light cover would suffer from a reduced effect (no stun and reduced blind time)

Super Jump

Selected "It should not be revised". Do. not. change. super jump. EVER. That being said, if anything IS going to be done about Super Jump, make it in addition to what it already does. The zephyr argument is IMO invalid since where is zephyrs killing potential ability wise? It is excals strenght with the mobility Super Jump provides that makes it strong.

An Air Radial Javelin that can hit enemies below you would be a nice addition to super jump though. Right now when you use super jump in the middle of a group of enemies and cast Radial Javelin (with Natural talent equipped) while in the air, you hit everyone EXCEPT the ones you escaped. Reducing the recast delay would also be a good addition, to the point that Radial blind and Javelin can be finished with their casts at the apex of the jump, or remove it completely for the other abilities but Super Jump.

Radial Javelin

A change to make it scale with melee would be nice, in addition with the current 1k damage.

Excal in general

What makes Excal strong is the fact that he is the middle man, the all rounder of frames. He can do the tasks other frames are specialised in, he should never overshadow anyone else. This is what makes him fun to use for ppl like me that want to outperform everyone else, and doing so with weaker versions of their abilities is really satisfying. Ever had a climbing race with a Zephyr? On that note add more tiles with more "roof height", corpus gas city has some, and the corpus ship. Lacking in the other tiles a bit, it is mostly straight paths.

DNA stabilizers

They are fine as is, but selling single ones might not be a bad idea. 1 DNA stabilizer lasts for 4(!) days, and costs 12,5k credits. if you cant cough up 12,5k through regular play in 4 days, kubrows is not really meant for you or you are not really caring for your kubrow. Maybe add a way to freeze him from the site so that people that lose access to their gaming PC/console could save their kubrow

Mod UI

I really like the look and feel of the new UI, but the location of the mod points does not feel right. It is the heart of modding, and should be up front and center like it used to. The mod UI could maybe benefit from adding one more line by tightening things up a bit like scale down the transmute, fusion and sell buttons a little, use a little more space up and down, moving the tips closer to the mod categories. Could also be a resolution bound thing so that smaller resolutions would not have such a hard time reading the info on the cards themselves.

A more visual indicator of rarity of the mods other than color would benefit everyone.

Stats being added to all abilities was really nice, but adding these stats when modding your frame would be even more epic. Giving us a way to see Stock and Modded stats of each ability when holding over them in the upgrade screen would enable us to see how much of an impact small changes actually has on our builds.

pst: there is a lot of empty space under our frame stats *hinthint*

Edited by Adaptor-Face

I don't play PvP because it is unbalanced. Its hard to have fun there with so many things that can't be perfectly transfered from PvE to PvP, thus making them OP or UP.

Im gonna suggest something that i think would be awesome and fun...

4 new frames or modifications of existing ones:

frame A - normal stats (think - Excal)

frame B - tanky and slow (think - Rhino)

frame C - fast and fragile (think - Loki)

frame D - support (think - Trinity)

The important thing is for frames A to D to be balanced among each other, with completely different stats if then those in PvE (in case of modified versions of existing frames). 

Primary weapons:

Full auto rifle (think - Soma)

Semi auto rifle (think - Latron)

Burst fire rifle (think - Burston)

Continuous fire rifle (think - Quanta)

Shotgun (think - Drakgoon)

Sniper (think - Vectis)

Bow (think - Cernos [because Paris Prime looks like a toilet :p])

Secondary weapons:

Classic pistol (think - Lato)

Dual pistols (think - Aklato)

Auto pistol (think - Furis)

Dual auto pistols (think - Akstiletto)

Thrown (think - Kunai or Despair)

Sticky (think - Castanas)

Melee:

Sword (think - Skana)

Dual Swords (think - Dual Skana)

Dagger (Ether Daggers)

Hammer (think - Jat Kittag)

Pole arm (think - Orthos)

Fists (think - Ankyros)

Whips (think - Scoliac)

Thrown (think - Glaive)

Or something like this, you get the idea.

Now, since for this to happen it would take a whole lot of work, maybe its best to make new skins for some weapons, give them new stats, give them a different name like Tenno Skana (the Tenno stands there as a symbol that Tenno, even though at "war" with each other at the moment, follow the rules of war and play fair) and make them usable only in PvP.

There should be absolutely no mods for frames and weapons in PvP. Just select a PvP sector you wanna play and a window pops up, you select one of four frames, then you select your primary, secondary and melee. No mods, no ways for it to get broken, just a few weapons with balanced stats among each other and that is it. Pure skill PvP, not decided by your loadout.

Even though this suggestions sounds kinda ridiculous, it's perhaps the only way to have PvP perfectly balanced, and that is to keep it totally separated from the PvE stuff, and make it unique (uniqueness can maybe bring in more players, because ATM i see that 39% of players don't play it, and 37 play it rarely, which i guess means only when there is a good cash prize for playing).

Sorry for my English. I hope most of my sentences make sense, I havent slept for 50 hours, my cat is sick :(

TL;DR - Threat PvP like it's a game inside a game, balance it, make it different and unique in comparison to PvE and then I will play it because in this state it just isn't fun.

Im simply floored, by the fact that most players like the new mod UI,

Atleast fold the mod cards out again, so we can clearly see the pictures on the mods.. and select them from visual clues, and not just by a tekst,

with the tekst u only cater to one player group, with the pictures AND tekst, u will cater to all players..

Pretty please?

Excalibur

The big problem with the radial blind nerf is that it showed how pointless the game becomes at high levels because we get one shotted unless we have the ability to ultra-stunlock everyone or become invincible.

Although I feel Excalibur could be improved, keep in mind hes meant to be a balance of 2 mobility and 2 defense powers, nothing more, and nothing less, as he is meant to be suitable for any playstyle..

With that in mind, Excalibur should have some sort of melee scaling, making it more viable to go melee only even into higher levels, perhaps slash dash and radial jav should guarantee bleed procs, although radial jave could be something similar to this instead?

Dark Sectors

Exploitation and shadow alliances being allowed seems to have driven many players from even wanting to attempt solar rail runs

Mod UI

Just make the panning toggleable >.<

Also;

These polls are a way to get a sense of how the community feels about specific community topics. I can't guarantee that they directly cause changes (but they can definitely influence and/or support changes). 

The fact that we hav these polls and only < 5k players max vote on thee in ma game with more than 10 million players, shows that only a vocal minority who spend time on forums ad actively involve themselves here are heard, although, I did consider that having some feedback is better than no feedback, so there is that :/

Perhaps a way to vote in these polls directly while in game?

Edited by Somedude1000

I don't feel they should be removed or have their price reduced any further, but I do feel they should add something more meaningful than sating the fear of your Kubarow's immanent demise, maybe add a temporary buff to them during mission for a period of time.

I rarely join Conflicts, I don't feel a desire or reason do them, I think if they had more to offer other than just credits I would consider doing them more often.

How satisfied have you been with the previous prime accessory packs?

I was greatly displeased with the Accessory pack mostly due to the high cost for something I want that only serves as a cosmetic.  I don't normally complain about the price of anything, but $50 is a lot to ask for when all you want is a tassel, maybe taking off the boosters would validate a price reduction hopefully.

Here are my points:

- Leave Radial Blind alone.

- Rework other abilities in needed.

- I really like Excalibro.

- PvP is fine, just rebalance warframes.

- Remove Loyalty and DNA from Kubrows, along with wait-time. They are equipment and property, not something we love and care about  .3. I do not need a real pet, I need a tool of war.

- I am evil.

Thanks for the great work DE :D

How do you feel about the recent experimental Excalibur changes?

RB was the go-to skill of his set. While powerful it was the only skill that had true usefulness.
The change to LoS is understandable but could be  bit more forgiving, see below.

Which Excalibur abilities need a revision? (can select more than one)

All of them, and not just his, all of the damage skills in the game needs a change.
Make skills:
Part static damage modded by the damage mods we have - Intensify and Blind Rage
Part percent of life - a smaller number, also dependant on skill tier: Modded by new mods sliiightly increasing the %.

*Further specific ideas below.

Other then the damage change above I feel that slash dash needs to not be stopped by enemies standing in the way.
Also a bleed proc could be in order. Nothing big. Kill low enemies and then be more of a movement skill.
If we could activate this while swimming in the future I imagine it as "Gatsuga" from Naruto. Would work with doge too XD

I don't know who said it, but a mix of what we have now and LoS sounds best to me. All enemies close enough get what we have now - the power of the flash is so great it fills the area or what ever. After a certain range the LoS targetting takes over.
* Enemies also need to loose track of you, not knowing exactly where you are as soon as they snap out of being blinded.

While not in the slightest a logic option, jumping when in air - "double jump" - could be something?
In all honesty I do like the skill, but it's situational and it could be replaced. I much rather see one of those legendary "second skill sets" though.
Allow choice! Each frame would benefit from some new love.

*edit: Maybe we could "charge" superjump? Ie. hold the button for longer and he will jump really high. But being able to jump in air is probably better. Even multiple super jumps.

*Add something but don't remove super jump.

No more skanas - period.
Also that percentage of life + bleedout, possible cripple or stuck to walls - still alive - predator spear style. Considder enemies the new bio-turrets :)
The skill also needs a shorter cast time and especially reducing the after "flexing" just standing there like a fool. You shouldn't really need to do RB - Super jump - RJ to be safe.

Would you participate more if any of the following suggestions were implemented?

I'm still of the view that Pvp could go into the trashcan forever, but as it's in I think that in order for me to play there would have to be some massive balancing done.
Weapons, skills, equipment, more players, the mechanics of the gametype, some way to see your ping, something more fun than be able to play vs. Infested afterwards. This would become a huge thread if I was to continue.

Why do we create degenerate space dogs and at the same time set out to kill the Grineer guy trying to fix broken genetics?
It's pretty..."not so very smart". Perhaps a quest to stabalize your dog could involve going to Tyl Regors labs (with some orokin loot) and do something.
I think throwing out alot of credit is needed to keep it from piling up. This is probably a later "ladder" issue though, if you'd go into that.

Also what Semshol said: "They are equipment and property, not something we love and care about  .3. I do not need a real pet, I need a tool of war."

I really like the looks, and I like the feel that you are in your ship and you do stuff. But it does take a lot of time and some things are not as "concise" and easy as before.
Maybe you could split the ship up like in a comic series? A bit like the clan menu.
Pictures of the ships stuff - it's still there - but we see everything faster.
Same goes for dojo, I'd rather have it be a UFO Enemy unknows/Xcom base than what it is now, ghost town.

Edited by Lactamid

Slash Dash is just not up to par with the rest of Warframe, in any respect. It's a hard-to-use damage ability that functions more like a mobility skill, and features a horrifically drab animation plastered into the midst of an otherwise visually amazing and unique game. The "static pose + flashy sound" was kinda fun at first, but it got old... fast. As in, within 10 minutes fast. Give it a nicer, more polished animation set, and get that melee damage scaling in there. 

I think it's appropriate to give Radial Blind a line-of-sight limitation. In exchange, though, it should have some sort of unique boon to go with it considering there are any number of other CC abilities that do NOT require line-of-sight. Perhaps a longer base duration? Permanent miscellaneous debuffs to NPCs? Just no target limits, please. Those a pretty dumb in most cases. 

Super Jump is a relic from ages past, when we still expected increased mobility to actually mean something special. Now it's like an obsolete prototype for Zephyr. I'm in favor of helping Excalibur simply walk down a different path, so to speak. Leave the flying to Zephyr, and give Excalibur something new and unique instead. Preferably utility-oriented.

Radial Javelin needs to actually HIT things. It's absurd that you can press 4 and have most of the Javelins get stuck in terrain, or otherwise just plain miss. It'd be nice to see it get swapped out with something more interesting, but maybe that's just my bias. At the very least, make decently reliable for a fourth ability, and help justify that casting time. 

I'm not even going to consider participating in Dark Sector conflicts until Warframe (Including the PVE) gets very close to "Balance 1.0" as some might put it. There are too many glaring flaws with game balance that go more or less ignored for way too long for me to consider trying out PVP. Seriously, those launcher changes could have been put into effect more than a year ago. Once again, you've got a devoted and responsive community at your fingertips, in addition to an awesome talent for weekly patches. Not many other dev teams have access to those resources, so start taking advantage of them. Start by making small tweaks to the most frequently discussed weapons, and paying attention to weekly feedback. Fix your mastery rank requirement so that it makes sense for once. At the very least it will start MEANING something when people list weapons as "high" or "low" mastery to justify why said weapons are balanced or imbalanced because of said rank

I like the idea someone had of combining radial javelin and radial blind. RJ is the most useless skill in the game(low damage, bad range, horridly long casting animation), and using radial blind as a "shut down all the things" is lame. If RJ produced a RB centered at each point of impact from each javelin, and they applied the Line-of-sight rules, that seems like it would be fair.

I'm not sure about what to replace RB with if they were combined.

I'd like to see more damage on slash dash. It's a great skill, but the damage is pathetic, and in upper tier battles, you reach a point where slash dashing at/through enemies does single-digit damage. Having max slashdash with max intensify equipped and hitting multiple opponents for 7 damage doesn't seem like it's worth 25 energy. In most other places, it's a nice skill, and definitely one of my favorites.

I *LOVE* super jump. It's one of the best skills in the game. It's cost efficient, instantaneously dodges 100% of incoming damage, facilitates exploration (ledge you can't reach? ha!), it makes navigation easier(anything outdoors is usually hell--tenno SUCK at climbing rocks), when combined with slash dash, it allows easy attacks at aerial targets and some impressive maneuvering. It's cheap, it's powerful, and there's virtually no situation where you can't use it, and few situations where you can't afford it. If it can get buffs for all the people who can't figure out how to use it, okay, fine, but keep the current cost and current utility, PLEASE. Please, please, please. Pretty please with a cherry that I super-jumped to place on top.

-----------------------------

So far as prime access, I like the accessories, but the price of $50 for accessories+90 day booster is a bit much. I'd be up for just the accessories--those I definitely want. I don't mind the boosters, but being rank 16, I don't get much use out of them.

For rail conflicts, personally, I only play when there's a meaningful team fighting. I don't actually care to help A over-taxer fight B over-taxer, as I don't care who wins--I won't be playing that rail regardless. If there were more interesting clans to fight for, I'd fight for them. Otherwise, no. You get NOTHING from it besides battle pay, and that tends to be very scant.

The mod UI is really the least-problematic section of the UI right now. It actually looks pretty good, and has a lot of utility--unlike virtually all of the rest of the DOS-menu hell. I think the color overlay on rare and commons needs to have an alpha value change--the commons are way-too-orange. The rares are only slightly too yellow.

I'm sort of surprised that all the people angry about the lack of utility on the regular UI wasn't listed as a "hot topic", I've seen several related threads locked in the last few days. The menu is very ineffective, and it's making a lot of people unhappy.

As far as Excalibur is concerned, he needs a bit of a buff overall I feel, especially if the blind LoS change is going to be implemented. Personally I'm fine with the change as long as we see it improved upon first as the unfinished "leaked" version was very troublesome to use with all sorts of issues.

Slash dash is still useful as a mobility skill to an extent, i throw an unranked one onto my excalibur blind build. Currently Javelin seems rather useless once it cant kill and jump I've never used.

Dark Sector conflicts, I haven't touched them since the PvP was implemented. I tried a few runs of it to see how it was but I am not interested in PvP what so ever, especially as broken as it is in WF. I pretty much just ignore dark sectors while they're in conflicts, which is a shame as it means I, like many other players who dont like PvP, now have no say in whats probably the most community oriented part of the game currently.

Mod UI, I'm still unsure about. It has certainly improved since the initial release, its nice to have everything under one menu again unlike when transmutation, fusion, mod list etc were under different buttons. However the fusion, transmute and sell buttons are currently way to large, wasting an absurd amount of space and thats something I think needs to be fixed. When modding warframes and weapons, perhaps the actions section doesnt need to be nested, my biggest issue with the new UI as a whole is how many extra clicks it takes to get what you want compared to before. Basically just needs more improvements in regards to use of space as less nesting of options where possible.

I posted my feedback about the Mod UI and in general about selecting stuff in the Liset through aim&click in the thread below:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306140-aim-click-in-the-liset-mod-colors-and-why-the-new-ui-can-be-better-than-the-old/

And about excalibur:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308148-how-to-balance-excalibur-like-a-boss/

I think the nerf is due, but to counter it Superjump and Slash Dash have to be affected by Power Range instead of power Duration/Strenght. In this way it is possible to create high-level builds with all 4 the abilities without many sacrifices.

Punch-through in Radial Javelin may be nice. Slash Dash going through enemies if not killed may be nice as well.