Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hr Players Ruining Time, Fun And Efforts Of Newbies

Toutatrix

I'm pretty new to this game, which I decided to try by curiosity, being more of a pvp player, and surprisingly eventually pretty much liking it.

I'm still getting excited of discovering new mechanics, mods and weapons I can craft to deal more efficiency against IA. I enjoy the various mission types as the wide range of warframes available : didn't think a f2p game would be that deep in one year only.

You devs made quite a good job : congratz for being in the top ten of most played games of steam bytheway ;)

What is getting quite annoying, happenning since beginning but even more often with my raising progression, are those high ranked players who blatantly consider newbies like a waste of their time, as missions they get in as if they were their very own instances.

I've just had to give up a survive mission I started because 2 other players came in, they had way better stuff than me and decided without asking to obviously keep the mission going as long as possible. I stood for more than 15 minutes, but since I had no revive left and mobs becoming too strong I decided to go to the ending point. I waited for several minutes there for nothing, they were asking me to come back with them, don't care about me just not being able to do it without dying. Being in majority I just couldn't finish the game thus wasted all my time and efforts... whereas they could have just finish the current game and started another one : they didn't need me at all to hold fast.

To avoid such a frequent behavior I have to play most of the missions alone, which is rather frustrating in a coop game : playing with HR rushers who just destroy everything, since playing with indecent overpowered gear for the level requirement of the missions they are running, and leave you to try hard just to keep up is no fun. Not to mention they are obviously never around when you actually need a revive : they do it just for easy grinding, not for helping newbies.

I highly suggest to add a filter, when you play in coop, which should allow to cluster incoming teammates with either the conclave rating or ranks of players. This way you should forbid too low or too high players to join your game if they do not match your cluster.

Most people would not use it and keep playing the game as it is now, but it would allow players like me, who like some challenging difficulty better than just running a grinding race, to enjoy the game even with strangers.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

I've just had to give up a survive mission I started because 2 other players came in, they had way better stuff than me and decided without asking to obviously keep the mission going as long as possible. I stood for more than 15 minutes, but since I had no revive left and mobs becoming too strong I decided to go to the ending point. I waited for several minutes there for nothing, they were asking me to come back with them, don't giving a F*** about me just not being able to do it without dying. Being in majority I just couldn't finish the game thus wasted all my time and efforts... whereas they could have just finish the current game and started another one : they didn't need me at all to hold fast.

You didn't tell them that you wanted to leave and just stood there for 15 minutes? Other people can't read your mind, you know.

You could of told them you wanted to leave, ask nicely.  I know if I enter a run by accident I'll ask if they need help then leave.  if they do need help I walk behind them helping out and giving tips if they want them.  If not I just go Jon Woo when trying to kill stuff.   De where are my Doves, I need my Jon Woo Doves.

You didn't tell them that you wanted to leave and just stood there for 15 minutes? Other people can't read your mind, you know.

It's common courtesy to discuss how long you plan to stay in endless missions early on so you can avoid this nonsense later.

I could argue about how the matchmaking system could use reworking, but frankly this is a reasonable workaround.

You did not mention that you ask'ed if they could end it , also ,something hard for you is not hard for them , we can't play same as you ,that what DE did'nt understand, "games is hard for news players" but is "games is hell easy for vet and maybe casual"

oh by the way you should try to recruit people that want to do the mission (and not rush like we do) that might help , get in clan/alliance maybe someone will join you to play with you with under powered weapon..

What kind of Survival was it? Void ones are usually really difficult for newcomers. Make sure you know what kind of mission you're getting yourself in beforehand.

Also, say something next time. I'm not a mind reader as well. - .-

Edited by Yazeth

I'm pretty new to this game, which I decided to try by curiosity, being more of a pvp player, and surprisingly eventually pretty much liking it.

I'm still getting excited of discovering new mechanics, mods and weapons I can craft to deal more efficiency against IA. I enjoy the various mission types as the wide range of warframes available : didn't think a f2p game would be that deep in one year only.

You devs made quite a good job : congratz for being in the top ten of most played games of steam bytheway ;)

What is getting quite annoying, happenning since beginning but even more often with my raising progression, are those high ranked players who blatantly consider newbies like a waste of their time, as missions they get in as if they were their very own instances.

I've just had to give up a survive mission I started because 2 other players came in, they had way better stuff than me and decided without asking to obviously keep the mission going as long as possible. I stood for more than 15 minutes, but since I had no revive left and mobs becoming too strong I decided to go to the ending point. I waited for several minutes there for nothing, they were asking me to come back with them, don't giving a F*** about me just not being able to do it without dying. Being in majority I just couldn't finish the game thus wasted all my time and efforts... whereas they could have just finish the current game and started another one : they didn't need me at all to hold fast.

To avoid such a frequent behavior I have to play most of the missions alone, which is rather frustrating in a coop game : playing with HR rushers who just destroy everything, since playing with indecent overpowered gear for the level requirement of the missions they are running, and leave you to try hard just to keep up is no fun. Not to mention they are obviously never around when you actually need a revive : they do it just for easy grinding, not for helping newbies.

I highly suggest to add a filter, when you play in coop, which should allow to cluster incoming teammates with either the conclave rating or ranks of players. This way you should forbid too low or too high players to join your game if they do not match your cluster.

Most people would not use it and keep playing the game as it is now, but it would allow players like me, who like some challenging difficulty better than just running a grinding race, to enjoy the game even with strangers.

1. Git Gud

2. Play as long as you can or until the majority of the team wants to go.  Even if you die, you still get your rewards if you hang around until they beat it.

3. I have suggested an individual extraction change in the path so that people could leave when they like without having to wait on the others, or drag out those that want to stay.  It also helps to punish afk players.

I'm rank 17 right now but when i go random for alerts or simply farm keys, i always help low rank players. This because i remember the times when i was low ranked too, and higher rank player never help me.

But i understand the point of view of high rank players.

For exemple farming egg or kubrow mods on Earth sometimes is really BAD, because low ranked or newbies destroy dens immediately, and they dont care if you try to explain why they must not do that.

For survival:

there are a lot of low/mid level survival mission i like to play with randoms right now like Elara or Cassini and many others. Sometimes you can't stay more then 10 minutes because low rank player, leave to extraction point. A good solution for this would be non ending extraction, just like defense mission works. Player who wants to stay longer in mission can stay, and who want leave, for exemple at 5 minutes, can leave without causing mission ends. This would be very nice, i think others high rank player like this and could be more helpful with low rank player.

Sorry for my English ;)

Edited by ANGUS_ITA

You know what I hate? Two newbie players deciding to leave at 5 min mark in Survival despite my repeated effort of trying to persuade them to stay until 15 min. They simply didn't reply to me in the teamchat. I could cheese through to 40 min and all they have to do is just AFK to get the reward. 

I have no idea why they don't even talk back in teamchat. This is a co-op game FFS. You're supposed to communicate with your teammates. 

But thankfully 99% of the players I meet are nice people who are willing to at least talk to resolve our different goals. 

basics of a new player and just typical convo or common sense.

1. if youre gonna exit out of a survival in less than 15 mins (t key drops) then the higher level players are gonna let you die if you stray to extract. do those short times solo.

2. its not a matter of having weak or strong gears but a matter of sticking  with the group or the strongest player, the one that stays behind everyone and moves tactically.

3. this is the most important of all, don't isolate yourself from the group, ever.. should you go down and you are just too far away you will die.

4. only fools rush in. don't rush  to trigger life supports when every1-5 headshot kills is a mini ls drop. play a little longer and get the xp that you so need along with the resources and creds.

Just FYI, any time you go to extraction in Survival, all other players get a big message about it all over their UI.  It's both annoying and distracting, so you'll find a lot of players consider it incredibly rude to hang out at extraction before discussing the matter in teamchat.

It's the kind of thing that will make a vet who might otherwise be willing to just extract to help the newbie annoyed enough to refuse.  After all, if you're inconsiderate enough of them to but a big honking "Get to extraction" message on their UI without even talking to them about it, why should they be considerate of you and leave?

Waiting there for several minutes when your team wasn't there - and when they were asking you to rejoin the group - well, that's going to tick off anybody.

I'm sorry you had to leave and all, but if you want people to be respectful, you kind of have to be respectful yourself.

What's so hard to understand I want to leave, actually need to leave after 20 mn of survival mission, since I couldn't handle mobs anymore, waiting for at least 5 mn at extraction. Oh and bytheway I did not leave the group, they left me behind because they did not give a rat arse about me. And I have many many more examples like this one since I begun to play this game.

They asked me to come back to them (which I just couldn't do : too many enemies between me and them, obviously they didn't come back to me to help gathering up : since it would have been simplier to just extract) they had absolutely no plan to extract or taking me into consideration. They were just selfish, rude and lame hr players, as it happens quite frequently actually since the beginning of my experience with this game.

I started the game, 2 others players came in as adds : they have to adapt to the weaker : that's the spirit of helping (some people don't do what you want because they don't want, but maybe just because they can't, wayward kids) or at least ask for what they want, or this is only the law of the stronger, which is quite a very bad thing.

Anyway I don't want to discuss this, people thinking I owe something to vets who come to "steal/own" games because I just let the game openned to coop, are just blatant self centred idiots who think quite wrongly they began with everything they needed and that now they are vets people have to fulfill all their wishes.

I hope devs will take my suggestion into consideration, since it causes no issue to anyone but in the contrary would solve some issues due to sadly frequent lame hr behavior, thanks to have put this thread in the right section bytheway.

Edited by Toutatrix

-Snip-

Thing is you never said why you wanted to leave, or if you did it may not have been clear to them.   Now depending on the situation the could of been just as swamped as you were.  

I myself was in that situation back during the Cryotic Front event.   I had strayed a bit too far and next thing I knew I was surround on all side by Corpus and their MOA's.   I was a zephyr but I had no energy left so I was stuck taking cover and taking pot shots when I could (thank the gods even NPC's have to reload) My team was somewhere else and they were taking major damage,  I couldn't do anything but get stuck in that little outside room while taking out a few Corpus here and there.  Moral of the story?

They can't always come to you or they wanted you to go to them since they may hae found a rare mod or quite a few cores.    One thing to do when people join you mid mission is explain your plan and see if they will agree to it, if not stick by them and do your best.   even if you don't get kills at least attacking and helping them will show you're reaching a middle ground.    Now if you feel they were just being jerks and ignoring you because of their ranks that kinda narrowminded on your part.

Not all of us HR players are jerks I myself walk through newbies or help them get on their way by explaining how stuff work.   Just remember they are also people and communication is key when trying to do a mission like survival.  They could of been staying hoping you'd go with them so you could get free xp and mods from them doing most of the work for you.

Edit: made wall of text more spaced out.

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

While not related to survival necessarily, I think this topic has some merit.

Earlier today I was trying out some of the "new player" experience content on a second account.  So, I queued up for Vor.  On the other account, I'm rank 0 (this account is rank 16), and there were two other zeroes sporting new player gear.  Mid-match, someone jumps in at MR8.  The level goes as normal till the boss, who spawns at 43 or so.  

Through a process of repeatedly reviving the other downed zeroes, we managed to get him to shield up the first time, then the 40+ soldiers spawn, and we all wipe.  The MR8 guy is incapable of soloing Vor, berates everyone for being "noobs" then drops after dying.  I personally didn't burn revives, because it looked like a lost cause as soon as I saw Vor's level.  However, the other new players seemed to burn up their revives trying to stay alive for a boss fight they had no chance of winning - the very first boss in the entire game on the first planet with a suggested level range of 3-4.  

Those new players logged off because they were out of revives (and they only have the one frame).  I queued up for another match, redux of the first situation with a MR0, MR1, and a MR7 that drops in.  He complained over mic, but I couldn't understand him.  Vor was slightly lower there, but still too high for any of us to take down a single Lancer that Vor spawns.

In the end, these higher ranked players were "ruining" the game for the lower players, and turning them off to the game.  I don't think it's entirely their fault - a lot of that's matchmaking and the way they decided to make bosses scale.  I do blame them somewhat for sucking and not understanding boss-scaling at MR7/8 I guess.  

In any event, with bosses at least, high level players can indeed "ruin things" for lower level players.  Matchmaking seems key here, since I don't know if I'd consider the situation where a High-level player stomps the entire level and runs to the exit without lower players even getting to play a "better" option.

If HR players want to go longer in a mission it's for time efficiency, as the mission goes longer, the heavy units show up more, as do better 5 minute interval rewards.  There wasnt really anything keeping you from dropping out either when you think about it.  Sorry you had a bad experience with a survival, and I hope you give their mechanics another chance later down the road.

I understand your frustration, but you've got to stick to a team if you play PUB.If you want to leave when you're ready and only when you're ready, play solo.  Otherwise, stick to the High rank players and suck up the free XP and rewards.

Typical, thanks for this really. I assume you did never think about newbies not surely willing to get rhino as second warframe just to be able to keep up with selfish and waywards hr players who barely think about reviving down teammates ?

What about hr players playing alone to not interfere with newbies missions ? No, it's up to the noobs to suffer hr lame behavior and frequent bad temper, isn't it ?

What you're stating is absolutely no fun to me, as certainly for a lot of new players who just can't learn to play the game at their own rythm by just trying hard to keep up behind hr rushers, who just don't care about them. And as I already said I do play alone mostly due to this stupid heavy trend.

Hopefully I've hardly passed this step already.

It just don't need to be, problem would be solved thanks to a simple option. I'm not willing players to not be able to be power leveled, which is basically what hr players are doing unintentionally (which I think is lame personally) but I should have the choice to play with other players roughly of the same rank/power/level of mine in a coop game, to enjoy the game at my own rythm. That's the point.

I don't think that's such an issue for hr players since it wouldn't change anything for them, but just for some players who want some fair challenge at low/mid levels... Unless there's something else but just to rush grinding as many resources as possible when in hr... like showing off before newbies and laughing at them dying miserably maybe..?

Edited by Toutatrix

To be honest when forma stuff i have bad habit to go mercury level those few levels to get first dmg mod before going to farm t4 keys or going t1 defense or odd for exp. (And that crimson hunting)

1. new players don't follow
2. new players don't play near life supports

3. following them makes no sense when they want to go other side of map from life support

4. they tend do to die somewhere that even 40 sec is no enough to reach the.

5. When i play with new player i try not kill whole group to leave something to do for new players so they won't just run away from me

6. new players don't like being in same area for long

7. new players love leaving at 5 min, unmodded mk-1 is easily enough for 10 min.  (they don't know reward rotation system?)

It was kinda impressive one they wanted to stay longer than 20min when i was playing frost.   that mr1 army inside snow globe shooting. It seems that new players who start with their friends stay more often in same rooms instead random roaming.