The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll:] Do You Care About # Of Kills

Arabaxus

No, the only stat I care about in the end mission is player damage done percentage and upgrades picked up (to see if I missed some)

I feel bad if I don't contribute enough unless it was a rush mission in voids (capture, exterminate) and other people should feel bad if my damage contribution is like >50% in defense or survival missions.

People that care about kill counts, especially in defense or mobile defense and run off far away from the mission objective just to get kills is annoying though.

when i was low level, i was happy, when i had more kills, than a MR8 guy in the lobby. Then my sweet memories crashed, when i was actually derping with bad guns in low levels at MR8, for leveling them before selling

Now in public matches there are times, when i have 5% with an unranked set, or someone brings a saryn nuker to level her etc, and when i level stuff after the 3rd-6th forma, i easily hit 40% most of the time, but that is because i have maxed mods, and also have the potato and enough forma to put them on my weapons.

TL,DR: having the most kills/dmg only means that you had the best equipment in that mission, not that you are the best

I main Trinity.... I care as much about kills as I do about Brussell Sprouts ... and i'm not a fan of those.

My only concern from start to finish is making sure no one dies and we finish the mission.

Yeah I get kills, yeah I do a decent portion of damage dealt but i'll never be that person with 600 kills compared to everyone else's 50.

personally i couldn't care less about numbers of kills and statistics, i try and make missions as easy as possible for the team. considering i primarily play t4 and extremely high level defence.

i usually get max kills anyway even when using a non dps or damage based frame because i end up having to save people 24/7

I care about the damage dealt. But it's hard to let anyone have a shot. Every weapon of both mine and my friends are like 4 forma'd and better, and both us end up scoring 35+% of the damage and anyone else we play with struggles to score 10% of the damage. I think the damage is the main contribution.

It's pretty great to be on top of damage/kills in a (mobile) defense as Frost even though you didn't move an inch from the console/pod while everybody else is running around like the idiots they are while leaving the console undefended just to get kills.

Other than that, don't care, as long as I don't feel like I'm being carried or carrying people (was with a bunch of rank 2/3's in a Ceres defense the other day, extracted after 10 waves as I was  pretty much soloing it, aside of having to pick up the rank 7 Ash (yes, he was using a rank 7 frame in a Ceres defense, the highest rank item he had on him was his melee at rank 9, his conclave was <300, for what that is worth) all the time all over the map. Which was pretty annoying.)

Edited by marelooke

Don't particularly care.

I play the game a certain way and it'll be what it will be.

If there are a couple of rushtards in an invasion or exterminate, chances are I'm going to be at less than 5%. If it's a survival, I'll probably be around 50%+, or at least in the same ballpark as everyone else if they know what they're about. It is what it is. I don't worry about it.