Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Event... 5 Steps Back In The Wrong Direction

Netheroc

I agree that it felt a little rushed, but I didn't find it all that grindy. Maybe it was because of the exposure thing, which was kind of cool, or just because the missions were fun to play, but I honestly didn't mind it gameplay-wise. 

The lore and event story could really have used some polish though.

We ran 100+ missions in Gradivus compared to 15+ in Gate Crash...

'We were not given the items after 1 mission so its a horrible grind!'

This is what I read from the OP.

Ah well, I had fun. DEFINITELY a challenge when my Snow Globes were the size of beach balls.

Well you might want to read it again

Ok. Did.

I didn't find it rushed. I found it fun.

The 'can't use x to revive or any powers after using the portal' bug got old. But the event itself was different and fun.

Also.. who the HELL was Baro Ki' Teer? And WHEN did we find his datamass? (Must have missed that)

Edited by Kalenath

The grind, the boring repetetiveness strongly reminds me of the Gradivus dilemma event... Im wondering, why do you go back there? I enjoyed the last events. And why is there an event 2 updates after the last one finished? It feels very rushed.

It seems to be a new trend, there has been a series of mini events that prelude the big events.

And to be honest running 15 missions is not a grind at all. 

The grind, the boring repetetiveness strongly reminds me of the Gradivus dilemma event... Im wondering, why do you go back there? I enjoyed the last events. And why is there an event 2 updates after the last one finished? It feels very rushed.

so 15 missions is too much in 6 days? and you actually wanna compare it to Gradivus where you needed 100 missions?

and you liked the last events? the cryotic event was just as repetitive only difference is that you did it on 3 missions (that took about 10 times as long with no way to rush trough it) instead of 15 (took me less then 1 hr to solo)

i do a agree that a bit more variety in the map layout would have been great but seriously the event was amazing

and a actual challenge for a change...

DE can never do anything correctly, according to the community. It doesn't matter what it is, they'll call it crap. It's mostly flaming under the guise of feedback these days.

Events are probably the wrong term, anyway. They're actually 'Early-access testing' for new content.

Edited by JohnProdman

I ran about 130-150 missions in Gradivus. Those missions were dull, repetitive slogs and by the end of it I was ready to throw my monitor out the window. This event I ran a tenth of that and I might just go back for more to help my clan. This event is a massive improvement compared to the Gradivus Grindfest.

We ran 100+ missions in Gradivus compared to 15+ in Gate Crash...

Numbers dont matter. Its the fact that it was the same mission, with some difficulty added later on. Doesnt change the fact that its still the same mission x15.

I liked Tethras doom. Because you had to think what team would be best. Same with Cryotic front. Breeding grounds, kinda. Cicero was a pain because it was based on RNG. In Gate crush, its the same thing the whole time. Get to portal, change polarity, get to evil clones, kill, get key, get out. Nothing changes.

Edited by Netheroc

Numbers dont matter. Its the fact that it was the same mission, with some difficulty added later on. Doesnt change the fact that its still the same mission x15.

I liked Tethras doom. Because you had to think what team would be best. Same with Cryotic front. Breeding grounds, kinda. Cicero was a pain because it was based on RNG. In Gate crush, its the same thing the whole time. Get to portal, change polarity, get to evil clones, kill, get key, get out. Nothing changes.

Tethra's doom was just running an interception mission twice, picking up a squad in recruiting and running the mission. There was nothing special about it.

Edited by zergla

I finished the event in a single afternoon. Not sure why you think it's exceedingly grindy?  The style of inflicting fake difficulty bothered me but the actual event length was fine. Certainly nothing like Gradivus, which stands well above all other events for grind. The only other event that makes me think "ohmygawd the grindz kill me now" when I look back was Cicero, and trying to find all the @#$%ing %(&(%y plant scans you needed to make the final antitoxin.

Tethra's doom was just running an interception mission twice, picking up a squad in recruiting and running the mission. There was nothing special about it.

It was a hijack mission, to be precisely. And "picking a squad in recruiting" leads to having 3 Rhino's running around, no Nova, no Mag, no Nyx and no Loki. It was quite interesting, because you could always beat your "high score" finding new tactics, new positionings, new squad composition. That event offered you something, which you were free to choose to do, OR you run the mission twice and thats it.

It was a hijack mission, to be precisely. And "picking a squad in recruiting" leads to having 3 Rhino's running around, no Nova, no Mag, no Nyx and no Loki. It was quite interesting, because you could always beat your "high score" finding new tactics, new positionings, new squad composition. That event offered you something, which you were free to choose to do, OR you run the mission twice and thats it.

All those things can be done in your average mission, and therefore in the event. 

Possibly the one thing you've said that I can agree with. Self-imposed challenges don't count.

Then what did you mean with this?

All those things can be done in your average mission, and therefore in the event. 

Since self-imposed challenges dont count, where is the challenge in the average mission?

Then what did you mean with this?

That I agree with you on that particular point

Since self-imposed challenges dont count, where is the challenge in the average mission?

Where's the challenge in finding new squad compositions and positioning? Why don't you just stick with the meta?

You could always try to make your clan reach the number one spot, unless of course your clan already is there, in that case you're out of stuff to do

Where's the challenge in finding new squad compositions and positioning? Why don't you just stick with the meta?

You could always try to make your clan reach the number one spot, unless of course your clan already is there, in that case you're out of stuff to do

Meta changes. It wouldnt if nobody searched for new, better methods to get the job done. Im not competitive with others, just with myself.

Edited by Netheroc