Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Find The Lack Of Liset Customization Disturbing...

Institute-Marksman

I suggest putting in more freely obtainable customization items.

Things we can find when we're out on on missions.

Decorational things that MAY serve a purpose.

The Crewman's helmet system(with rebreather pack), gloves and boots, can be found in hidden places, like the cat statues.
You can also find the shoulder/knee pads.

corpus_crewman_by_gizkafreechman-d6x6ixb

I want this guy's helmet and face mask, it looks so silly and AWESOME.
DesertRifleLancerAvatar.png

I also want this Trooper helmet and pouches. And the bulky thing he wears on his shoulder. I think its a coolant pack.
DesertShotgunLancerAvatar.png

I also want this guy's face goggles/scarf, it looks so cool.
348px-CBAridsawmanpng.png

The items would be found in the appropriate tileset. If something belongs to an Arid Grineer, the item can be found on Phobos. Should the item belong to a Crewman, they can be found wherever there are Crewmen.

Appropriate drop locations:

Corpus Knee/Shoulder Pads: Venus
Corpus Gloves/Boots: Mars
Corpus Helmet System: Jupiter/Europa

Grineer Arid Lancer Helmet, Butcher Goggles/Scarf, Coolant Pack: Phobos
Grineer Ammo Pouches/White Face Mask: Earth
Grineer Trooper Helmet/Face Mask: Ceres

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Warframe I believe wants to keep its artistic style for it's fellow Tenno, if we had every Rhino looking like a Grineer it would get very confusing, especially for new players.

The concept of collectible decorations is still good to me. And since those would be free (just requiring the know-how to get them), they could affect stats in some way (COULD, not MUST) because it doesn't break the p2w rule.

These attachments/whatever could still be kept in Tenno style, however keep in mind that we can have both Grineer, Corpus and even Infested-assiciated things in our inventories (For example the corpus styled Dendra armor).

Its not really that it would ruin the "ninja" style, but more a question of: What the hek are you going to do with a Grineer helmet on a warframe?

I can't think of a frame that would look even remotely good on. With the exception of mirage, but she baically already has a grinny face mask.

Customization/cosmetics = good.

Random bits and pieces for the hell of it = bad.

The concept of collectible decorations is still good to me. And since those would be free (just requiring the know-how to get them), they could affect stats in some way (COULD, not MUST) because it doesn't break the p2w rule.

These attachments/whatever could still be kept in Tenno style, however keep in mind that we can have both Grineer, Corpus and even Infested-assiciated things in our inventories (For example the corpus styled Dendra armor).

If they serve gameplay purposes they are not cosmetic items.

Obviously, every Tenno can choose NOT to use these cosmetics. They can be sold for credits if you dont want them anymore.

Warframe I believe wants to keep its artistic style for it's fellow Tenno, if we had every Rhino looking like a Grineer it would get very confusing, especially for new players.

Ofcourse you cannot make yourself look entirely like a Grineer, that would be stupid. I dont think that matters. Most MMO's are confusing when you are new, no matter what other players wear.

I would kill for that backpack/hunchback armor the Grineer have.

I have stared at it for a long time, they are Pauldron(shoulder armor) with an armored Backpack.

Its not really that it would ruin the "ninja" style, but more a question of: What the hek are you going to do with a Grineer helmet on a warframe?

I can't think of a frame that would look even remotely good on. With the exception of mirage, but she baically already has a grinny face mask.

Customization/cosmetics = good.

Random bits and pieces for the hell of it = bad.

You obviously dont think it looks good. But Sasquatch180 would kill for Grineer armor. It doesnt matter that it doesnt suit the Warframe(there will be color customization to the items). It is a matter of preferences. It will gives the user a more defines sense of 'self'. If you dont like wearing the stuff, then dont use it. Simple as that.

We have Corpus and Grineer decorative armor, and even Infested attachments. And(to me) there is nothing stupider and uselesser then the flaily thingies you can attach to your melee weapon. But that's my opinion. I dont like those, so I dont use those. I dont go running around saying they're bad.

lack of customization?

guess you dont have a dojo...

I mean what we can do to our 'frames.

I like where youre going. Theres so much potential to expand on your idea too.

They could go the blade and soul route of wearing certain types of cosmetic tied to factions. When you wear a faction cl0the you become friendly to all those faction npc's.

So if im doing an invasion mission siding with grineer and i wear grineer armor grineer wont target me but corpus will. But if i went into the invasion mission with Corpus cosmetic the grineer will attack me and corpus will treat me as friendly. Or i can wear niether faction cosmetic and become the target of both.

You obviously dont think it looks good. But Sasquatch180 would kill for Grineer armor. It doesnt matter that it doesnt suit the Warframe(there will be color customization to the items). It is a matter of preferences. It will gives the user a more defines sense of 'self'. If you dont like wearing the stuff, then dont use it. Simple as that.

Obviously its subjective. But those cosmetics are designed around Warframes and to fit nicely into their aesthetic. The way the OP made it sound was: "gimmie a grinner face mask because lol". I wasn't saying "I think it would look bad therefor its a bad idea". 

Hek, a lot of people hate the new Grinny armor ( Yes I like ugly, it suits some frames) but that was still made with Warframes in mind.

Obviously a crewmans bucket helmet is not and as such would be really skewed when thrown onto a warframe.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I like where youre going. Theres so much potential to expand on your idea too.

They could go the blade and soul route of wearing certain types of cosmetic tied to factions. When you wear a faction cl0the you become friendly to all those faction npc's.

So if im doing an invasion mission siding with grineer and i wear grineer armor grineer wont target me but corpus will. But if i went into the invasion mission with Corpus cosmetic the grineer will attack me and corpus will treat me as friendly. Or i can wear niether faction cosmetic and become the target of both.

Nice idea.

Not sure what to think of the Invasion idea, though.

But I will expand on your idea:

When you wear Corpus cosmetics on an Invasion, you are more likely to receive ammunition, credits or rarely mods(no rare mods) from a Corpus allied to you.

The same counts for Grineer.

Obviously its subjective. But those cosmetics are designed around Warframes and to fit nicely into their aesthetic. The way OP made it sound was: "gimmie a grinner face mask because lol". I wasn't saying "I think it would look bad therefor its a bad idea". 

Hek, a lot of people hate the new Grinny armor ( Yes I like ugly, it suits some frames) but that was still made with Warframes in mind.

Obviously a crewmans bucket helmet is not and as such would be really skewed when thrown onto a warframe.

I agree, the title was a bit unserious, but I would really like to see a new level of customization, one not faction-bound. So I took the things I like and know from the game. I kindof hate that most current attachments are payed-only, and to gather alot of prime parts and then to sell them for plat is quite the hassle.

I would agree much more if I knew that each piece of something new you acquire gets a sort of "Tennoz makeover" and is sorta fitted and slightly redesigned to look better on warframes, I could definitely run around with my Ash in a grineer face mask fitted onto his helmet and slimmed down. Would like. :D Or the cape-ish clothe stuff from the phobos grinnery put onto my frames armor. I think there could be a lot more unique and player defining customization in this game so I like the idea.

But we allready have this in way of the Prime Armor, syandana, skins, and so on.

I could argue one thing though;

Things like unique skins, trophies like a grineer mask in your belt, holsters designs, grineer and corpus Model-add ons to weapons and so on would be real interesting.

• 10 months later...