Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Purchasing Prime Access/prime Accessories Really Seen As A Bragging Right?

(PSN)bionico16

So I was in the region chat,and people were debating the value of prime access and how 80 bucks is much to spend on plat since you could farm the primes items in game,then this guy comes in and starts calling everyone who dosen't buy prime access poor and brags about how he purchased it and you know the typical everyday retard you see in any chat,

So that aside,anyone here see buying the accessories or prime access as a bragging right? if you do,why?

Edited by (PS4)bionico16

the way i see it, i like something i buy it. i dont really care who have it or who dont. What is important to me is i like it and i have it (also teasing my best friend in real life who is playing the game with it but that is somewhat different :v).

Anyone can support DE by buying plat. Most of us are. Prime access is only one thing you can buy with plat although most of us spend that plat on appearence or slots rather than prime access. With the amount of plat you spend on buying a frame you can fully customize a frame, a sentinel and buy skins for weapons.

Everyone supports DE the way he wants but, in my oppinion, there is not a thing to brag about.

I've spent on this game about 2 triple A game worth of money and I'm not even getting close to what most people have spent.

Nobody forces you to spend money on this game,it is a F2P aferall, you support DE just by playing the game. The bigger the player base more chances to include players that .

buy plat. Imagine if there were only paying players, this wod be so lonely and DE would get a lot of s**t from them for the littlest bug.

In this tipe of games you will always find a few players like that. They like to brag about spending money on a F2P as they are the only ones that spend money in here. I have yet to see one of those on the Pc regional chat, they would get crushed.

Also, in my oppinion, buying a frame takes the fun out of the game, it's based on grinding after all.

Hm, I like the fact, that some Prime Access are top exclusive and will be, like Misa Syandana. Very fiew have it. But to brag about it... just having it shows everything you`d possibly want to say in chat, so why bother typing? :D

As for OP - dude, there are people, who needs the crowd, they need attention. Simply ignoring is the best way. Or... buy GM, buy all four Prime Access full packs and cover that showoffer in dust :D 

Edited by Vicious_D

strangely enough out all the founder items the Lato Prime is the most useful.

Totally agree. Excal is too showoff, Skana is nice, but kinda useless, but Lato with 3 formas teares through enemies up to lvl 40. My favourite prime of  them all.

I'm just supporting DE by purchasing cool looking Prime Access cosmetics without any intent to brag or whatever else (plus it's pretty childish to brag about how much money you spent on game).

Fun fact: sometimes I feel a little uncomfortable when there're multiple people in squad circling around my Excal Prime and almost trying to stare into my soul...makes me think about using default colored Excal without any cosmetics whatsoever.

strangely enough out all the founder items the Lato Prime is the most useful.

Skana Prime with Crimson Dervish begs to differ. It's aaaaaaaalmost super endgame vialble. ;P

Targis Prime armor? Ultimate sweg.

Yes and no. Or no and yes.... or just yes? Anyways, Basically you are supporting them, big time.

I bought PA for the shinies and the support. The more money they have, the more they can do with their game and I will have my entertainment.

I have never been with a game as long as with WF. And I play a LOT of MMO's and such that are incredible time sinks.

Somehow this just doesn't boring.

I've bought a few primes myself but I don't think it's anything to brag about. I mean, that basically like saying

" Oh look at me! I have a shiny new prime and all i had to do was to take the easy way out and put up some cash for it instead of actually playing the game! "

Don't get me wrong, I love the primes I bought but I skipped the Nyx prime because I want to actually farm for her instead of buying her, however I have bought the Prime Accesories (ie the armor set and affinity boosters) because I want to continue to support DE in it's endeavor to continue improving Warframe and to bring us new content.

Honestly, paying for something and bragging about it has less value to me (if at all) than having earned the same reward by personal effort.
Now we could argue that time=money and effort=time resulting in effort=time=money, meaning if the grind for parts is so horrible it's worth 80 bucks something is horribly wrong with the "Free-to-Play" part of the game if you ask me.
Why can't DE be like the guys from Path of Exile? Only cosmetics can be bought from the shop and you can support them by paying a hefty sum to simply design an item to be added to the game. 
The more I play Warframe, the more it smells like something EA left on the sidewalk which its owner refuses to clean it up.

Haha, you guys are looking at it wrong.

A fool and his money are quickly parted.

Those who spend the real money to buy prime accessories are the ones whom you should do EVERYTHING in your power to swindle from.

After all, they were bragging about their wealth, so there's nothing wrong with a little...redistribution wouldn't you say?

Always look at the positive side of things and of course, make sure you're always PROFITING :D\

Edit: I supported DE initially,but now I make everything I need from trade :). So other than my initial investment I am fully self-sufficient and of course I love it when there are new...customers in the market >:3

Edited by Semshol

Wow you all have great views on this.I came in to this game roughly about a month ago so I missed those 2 awsome syandanas and the past prime access',but im not letting this targis armor get away,its way too sick to pass up,and as for prime access I'll always prefer farming although it is awesome that people buying PA support the game in such a huge way but i may buy it some day if the prime items look "shiny" enough.

I pay out cash when I see something I like, such as the targis cosmetic armor (now Excalibur Prime looks like a Prime.)  I'm not HUGE on collecting primes, but I kind of wish I had Lato Prime because the Lato is my favorite side arm, but I want it more to complete my Excalibur Prime's look than for it's actual power or collection so for now, my eyes are set on the Sicarus or the Lex until we see a Vasto prime.  Where ever the Lato Prime can go, the Lato can go with one extra bullet.

So is life.

You get people with money who are asshats, and those whom just get with their lives like most people should.

I work hard for a living, for a decent salary, and I can buy the things I want... for better or for worse. I'm lucky to be able to do that which I completely understand, and to which I also understand that there are many whom don't have such fortune in life, for whatever reasons... it shouldn't matter what they are. There's no need to bring it up or be a $&*^ to anyone about it.

It needs to be noted beyond that, that there are plenty of kids playing the game from single digit ages to late teens as well as those in higher education like college/university. The Majority of whom likely don't have access to $80+ for some digital cosmetics.

There are no doubt kids playing this game living under rather unfortunate circumstances... you never know.

Really... to use a few paid for digital accessories as bragging rights, makes you a bit of #$&(%... it's really as simple as that.

Does it give you bragging rights?

Well... everyone has the right to brag about anything really.

Does it make it "right"?

Nope

Does bragging make you a bit of a jerk?

Definitely!