Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So You Say Limbo Is Useless...

Sitchrea

((Credits go to the original creator of the vid, Forum User "Sophronius"))

Want to go offensive? 600% damage increase.

Want to go defensive? Immune to any damage thrown at him.

Want to play support? Make any objective or ally immune to anything shot at them.

Trolls do not make the frame bad... For those that know how to use him, Limbo can be an invaluable asset to any team.

Edited by Sitchrea

((Credits go to the original creator of the vid, not me))

Want to go defensive? Immune to any damage thrown at him.

Want to play support? Make any objective or ally immune to anything shot at them.

Trolls do not make the frame bad... For those that know how to use him, Limbo can be an invaluable asset to any team.

The amount of work it takes to make him useful is time consuming and requires intelligent order of powers.

Do not expect the average player to find this particularly attractive right off the bat. I'm sure a lot of his better uses will also absolutely reek of theorycraft.

But the Warframe can have powers that allow those players to mess around with other players (to a good extent too). 

So, is Limbo bad? Not really, but his skills does provide quite a few tools for players to 'troll' (which is a slightly bad point). 

And each of those have various drawbacks/conditions that make it less appealing than you make it sound. 
Skill necessity, ease of use, and learning curve all sky rocket, actual effectiveness more like two steps up the stairs at best. Not at all a fair trade. 

I'm sorry but I don't see how this video makes him more appealing. Sure the boss thing is nice, but the second example on the defense isn't. It was about 3 kills in 45 seconds with a lot of effort just to get them while needing the added aid of an M. Prime and also forcing an Ash to continuously bladestorm and enemy he couldn't damage due to the rift invincibility. I understand Limbo has his applications, but I'm not sure how this video is supposed to change a person's mind.

Edited by Flamingfighter

One problem: 

You need to be in the Rift as well just to kill that one enemy with the increased damage, when all the other players wiped out a room when not in the Rift. 

So, the damage increase is nice, but rather inefficient. 

One problem: 

You need to be in the Rift as well just to kill that one enemy with the increased damage, when all the other players wiped out a room when not in the Rift. 

So, the damage increase is nice, but rather inefficient. 

Should be effective against high level Eximii tho.

I'm sorry but I don't see how this video makes him more appealing. Sure the boss thing is nice, but the second example on the defense isn't. It was about 3 kills in 45 seconds with a lot of effort just to get them while needing the added aid of an M. Prime and also forcing an Ash to continuously bladestorm and enemy he couldn't damage due to the rift invincibility. I understand Limbo has his applications, but I'm not sure how this video is supposed to change a person's mind.

He's obviously not a high damage/kill frame, that's not the intent behind him. His point is to be a single target assassin and an incredible team support. The Ash that had to bladestorm to kill an enemy would be able to afford that thanks to the availability of the energy restoring rift, and if he couldn't he could just walk into the cataclysm and kill the enemy personally.

Should be effective against high level Eximii tho.

Well, you need to: 

1. Cast Banish on that enemy (i.e.: Need to aim quite accurately and animation time). 

2. Cast Rift Surge (animation time).

3. Cast Rift Walk (to enter the plane).

4. Start shooting. 

And not to mention as of now, Eximus Auras can affect both Rift Plane and non-Rift Plane (I know it is a bug), so really, it is not really worth the 600% damage increase, when three other players could wipe out an Eximus in a shorter amount of time. 

And now they also do no damage, unless: 1. They're using abilities, or 2. The enemy is also in the Void.

You're not going to make anyone happy by Banishing them. You're gonna make them mad.

Well, you need to: 

1. Cast Banish on that enemy (i.e.: Need to aim quite accurately and animation time). 

2. Cast Rift Surge (animation time).

3. Cast Rift Walk (to enter the plane).

4. Start shooting. 

And not to mention as of now, Eximus Auras can affect both Rift Plane and non-Rift Plane (I know it is a bug), so really, it is not really worth the 600% damage increase, when three other players could wipe out an Eximus in a shorter amount of time. 

Rift Surge and Banish don't nearly have the long animation time they once had so this process is actually alot quicker than when the frame first came out.

Rift Surge and Banish don't nearly have the long animation time they once had so this process is actually alot quicker than when the frame first came out.

You still need to aim (very perfectly) with Banish. It sometimes feel as though DE(L) thinks we are those Tenno Spectre AI that can somehow hit players. With Smite. When they are in mid-air, coptering at high speeds. 

Good luck with trying to get that Eximus in a small sea of enemies. I mean it. 

You still need to aim (very perfectly) with Banish. It sometimes feel as though DE(L) thinks we are those Tenno Spectre AI that can somehow hit players. With Smite. When they are in mid-air, coptering at high speeds. 

Good luck with trying to get that Eximus in a small sea of enemies. I mean it. 

In this scenario, can I be Rift Walking? Because All I have to do walk(Or run, at various speeds) to the enemy and Banish it right in its face. Not gonna make it any harder by trying to aim at varying distances.

Edited by Darkmoone1

You're not going to make anyone happy by Banishing them. You're gonna make them mad.

That's straight up false. I did a defense alert last night as Mag and a Limbo showed up, who I asked to banish me. I then spent the rest of the match running around pulling people like an angry poltergeist and it was the most fun I've had in Warframe.

In truth? I agree that he is great. Put him with a team, tell them to do a capture mission, make the team invincible, banish the capture target(who most of the time dies right away) and run for the exit. No killing, no getting hurt. Life's good. 

The difference between rhino, trinity, valkyr, etc. and limbo? is limbo can share the "immortality"

Have you seen his maxed duration? almost a minute for ALL powers. 

Edit: 

^^I think that was me

Edited by DarthBane1

In this scenario, can I be Rift Walking? Because All I have to do walk(Or run, at various speeds) to the enemy and Banish it right in its face. Not gonna make it any harder by trying to aim at varying distances.

Even if you can, you still need to find that enemy (and walk/run to the enemy while hoping not to accidentally target a nearby one), in which someone would have already mowed down that small sea of enemies that contained the target enemy. 

Oh, and not to mention that while you are dealing with one enemy, everyone else has cleared out that room and moved on, really. I would say his abilities look good on paper, but falls just a bit short in reality. 

I see the potential. Its the good sort of potential.

But Limbo requires more intensive execution than any other frame.

Not that it makes him bad, but as we are all too aware there are players who just want to press 4 and be done with it.

Some of the more simple things that Limbo can do, make the squishy caster type frames like Ember and Banshee invulnerable while giving themr extra energy regen. Embers wont have to worry about bullets while they light things on fire, Banshees can just leap into a crowd and Soundquake-CC the lot of them.

And invulnerable Loki's dont need to be invisible Loki's. Think about that for a moment.

Edited by Dualstar