The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Seeing The Decline Of Warframers (Ps4)

ive been trying to keep players on game and in clan but more and more I only run with random players and its just getting worse I understand their reasons for leaving because I also don't feel that all of the changes are good nor the updates frequent enough to keep us busy while waiting for next update to come. I think its one of the best games out there but its just dying a slow death from what im seeing

PS4 is in the middle of the content "drought." Plus, you got stiff competition with Destiny for "Most Grindy-Shooty Slot Machine Game of the Year." It ebbs and flows.

I agree there is competition with Destiny, but I felt the game was over hyped and ultimately not that great, I'd rather play Warfare than Destiny. I feel like a minority though. As for the content drought, I agree, it's the same for the XB1 atm, more frequent updates would stop the game from dyeing. 

nope.

Bacon. 

We have a lot of AAA competition jumping into the next-gen consoles. There is DLC coming for Destiny, and cool new games for PS4. 

I'm having a lot of fun in Last of Us MP, and have neglected Warframe a bit. (But not you guys)

A lot of our original playerbase joined up in Warframe because it was free and there were no other games to go to. We'll see a lot of those players begin to leave, but Warframe is in no way dying. Once U15 goes live, we will definitely see a large jump in current players, and as long as Warframe continues to advertise and has an online/social presence, we should see a steady income of newer players.

I've been seeing a lot of new console players coming in, and that's a nice sight to see. A lot of our veterans have begun to leave though.

Maybe that's the case on PS4, but we're seeing the exact opposite on PC.

Perhaps some people are shifting from PS4 to PC? Wouldn't account for all of it by far, I imagine, but might explain some of it.

By the sounds of it there is a lot of focus on PC and not a lot on consoles...updates and content wise...which is sad. 

I think it has more to do with the necessity of compiling a bunch of changes into a larger update and then putting that through cert. At least, for PS4. I assume XB1 has this too.

yes I understand the competition but a lot of hardcore tenno have just left the game for good some have deleted it from their systems

Why do they leave? You know, to identify the problem.

Every Warframe player has a "burnout" one day, due to intense farming, or old issues not being addressed,and so on...

Well, people leaving a game after playing for a length of time is to be expected.  If the game is good enough, they will probably come back to it while in between new games releases.

As far as PS4 goes, a bunch of re-releases (like GTAV) and upcoming major titles will only siphon more people off the game.  I do see quite a few new players on Warframe on the PS4, but whether those exceed people who have stopped playing I don't know.

As much as I've liked and played Warframe almost non-stop since I started back in April'14, I'm starting to move on to other games myself.  I'll still come back to Warframe now and then, to make sure I'm at 100% trophies for it!

I think its more to do with doing the same thing over and over even during and after the updates that has turned most away from it myself

That's how it is on PC too, but our population is climbing.

That means whatever the problem is, it's something PS4-specific.

That's true. Any idea when the new update will be out on consoles?

I couldn't even dream of saying. I doubt that even DE knows right now. There are still some bugs and crashes to work out, as well as optimizations, and I doubt Microsoft or Sony would accept a build that still has these. It may be a while yet. But DE will undoubtedly announce release dates when they have them from the respective companies.

If anyone starts getting snippy, ask them if Destiny has a rapid-fire-semi-auto-rocket-launcher-shotgun-pistol (a fully modded Angstrum).

Gjallahorn is cooler :|

As abysmal as Destiny's drop system is, it's loot is more looty than warframe's loot.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if warframe lost a lot (at least temporarily) of the dungeon crawler crowd to Destiny due to how lacking in lootiness warframe's drops are.

Edited by Aggh

Since consoles are more about the games, there are obvious, observable tides when new titles are available. If you're on a console, you're playing a game, the question is what flavor of the month. Doesn't mean any one particular game is in decline, just that enough people also purchased that game and are also playing. Hasn't really been that long for Destiny either, but I imagine there will be fewer and fewer people playing once the holiday season comes around and a slew of new titles pop up.

We have a lot of AAA competition jumping into the next-gen consoles. There is DLC coming for Destiny, and cool new games for PS4. 

And PC don't have a lot of AAA competition? I would say there is a stiffer competition on PC with greater variety of F2P games and a lot of powerhouse MOBA games out there. So that is really a moot point. No matter what system you are on you are gonna have a lot of competition.

The way you battle that is to keep the player base interested with frequent updates so they don't get bored and move on. Warframe made the mistake with U14 on PS4 and bundled up too much content instead of releasing Operation: Breeding Grounds. Which Steve actually admitted was a mistake during devstream and said they would not make that again.

.......but it seems they actually will do the same with U15. Rebecca hinted "I think we'll be able to submit console builds in mid November" on the reddit ask question thread. Which will probably mean late November early December for that to go live. So instead of releasing: Tiberon, Excavation missions, Blind Justice stance, Shifting Sands Tactical Alerts to keep players occupied we will have to wait for one massive update instead. Which will most likely cause more player retention.

You see the excitement in the forums from the PC users as each wednesday closes in because they know something will happen. Be that just a hotfix or something bigger. Therefore you will see threads like "It's Wed!", It's Wednesday we all know what's coming today" "So no update this week?" etc etc It also is a bit like waving a carrot in front of you since the console users see all the things that are released but we can't have them.

So if you have everything the game have to offer what do you do?....... you move on.

well with the new player experience being what it is , and 14 and 15 being soo bug ridden i feel it too .

15 brought people back for hours only then the time walls hit , and  people loged off  the player flow on the steam charts only went up by 300 the first day of 15   which is the lowest  yet 

at a certain  point any game reaches it's market saturation  warframe is at that point now methinks  

Perhaps some people are shifting from PS4 to PC? Wouldn't account for all of it by far, I imagine, but might explain some of it.

By the sounds of it there is a lot of focus on PC and not a lot on consoles...updates and content wise...which is sad. 

I think it has more to do with the necessity of compiling a bunch of changes into a larger update and then putting that through cert. At least, for PS4. I assume XB1 has this too.

Right now PC players kinda behave as a second layer of alpha testers in regards to console updates. I know you guys still get your fair share of bugs, but just imagine if it didn't filter through us first D: