Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Need To Stand Their Ground

Hunter0x

This is a simple opinion on the matter, but any constructive feedback is always welcome. 

When it comes to melee or any other close range combat, the Corpus / Grineer just love to run from a fight. This is especially problematic when warframes do not have the speed to approach them nor the melee animations to strike at them from a farther distance. In the end, your basically just chasing someone around and mashing the melee key until they stop. 

Enemies need to be revamped to stand their ground more often, giving the player a chance to strike at them. To offset the bloodbath that would ensue from this change, they also need to gain various defensive measure that can either mitigate close range damage or gain a melee weapon of their own (not the prova....). This kind of change could impact melee combat as a whole, but it would both add to the enemies ferocity, and give the player more opportunity to use melee. 

What are you going to do when you have a person swinging a giant sword at you?

And what gave them the idea in the first place to go up against space ninja warrior Gods that can temper with their molecular structure or stop time with a stomp? Hek if I was a Grineer/Corpus I'd be the first to run like hell when a Tenno shows up.

"Quit running so I can kill you faster! Why must you exemplify good AI mechanics?! No fair!"

^That's what I read.

If an enemy is running from you, you have several options. 

a) Use a power to debilitate or kill them.

b) Use your pew pew gun.

c) Slide attacks.

d) Send in the hounds/floating murder bots

Edited by Kestral9999

The issue I have is when I am chasing someone with melee, and they just so happen to run back to a larger group of baddies with their sights on my face. This, in terms of combat, is a smart move, but it is sure is annoying as hell :P.

While I don't like that, it should remian this way, since it makes sense.

It's a good AI mechanic.

Seriously, would YOU stand your ground after you saw a violence-amped Valkyr heading your way? I think not. I think you'd run for all you're worth.

After all, you don't really have to outrun Valky, you just have to outrun the guys next to you. Hey, it could work! Maybe. Sometimes. If she gets distracted by something shiny.

Personally I think it'd be neat for them to have some kind of "super jump" backwards or a dodge roll away from you rather than casually running backwards.

The "super jump" thing is because I assume they have something that lets them do that considering how they can get on top of those crates and ledges with just one hop.

It's not good AI mechanics and it's not the AI being smart, it's a result of them trying to find cover, which usually involves them picking a random location 5 tiles away from the current room you're in for whatever reason. I've chased AI into totally different rooms, only to have them take cover in a corner somewhere and sit there doing nothing afterwards. They also clearly look at you and aim their weapon at you while running away, yet they don't seem interested in shooting back.

AI behavior in this game is overall pretty random at times, so experiences may differ. I'd rather them stand their ground then run away though, it's just not in the spirit of gameplay, least in my opinion.

"Quit running so I can kill you faster! Why must you exemplify good AI mechanics?! No fair!"

^That's what I read.

If an enemy is running from you, you have several options. 

a) Use a power to debilitate or kill them.

b) Use your pew pew gun.

c) Slide attacks.

I choose option D. Send the dogs (or sentinels for kubrow haters) after them.

This is the kind of stuff that always comes to mind for me when people do those dumb DPS threads saying there's only one good X type weapon because it does the most DPS on paper... 

I saw a bunch of threads when Melee 2.0 was new about how Crimson Dervish was the only stance and everything else was trash. What if something runs from your Crimson Dervish and you're left standing there spinning in circles like a fruit cake? I still say that stance is one of the worst because it's so hard to apply. If I actually have something standing still and I'm not dying standing still myself, what difference did DPS make?

At first sight of guy with big sword i would actually run to escape pod or surrender since chances are he is tenno and in this universe they are known for single handedly wiping out whole capital ship crews(over 2000 guys)

But looking that way enemies other than corrupted and infested shouldnt even try to stop us.

Edited by Davoodoo

shoot em in the face. the corpus and grineer need aimbots now cuz where is all this ultra militiristic training and corporate security funding going to? making more blinged out clothing for their foot soldiers?! how is it that they cannot aim???

A smart enemy would take note of the ships alarms that there is a Tenno cell onboard, evacuate the forces from areas of the ship that havent been breached yet, and call for artillery on their own ship/force self destruct.

Thank the Tenno deities for stupid enemies :>

A smart enemy would take note of the ships alarms that there is a Tenno cell onboard, evacuate the forces from areas of the ship that havent been breached yet, and call for artillery on their own ship/force self destruct.

Thank the Tenno deities for stupid enemies :>

But we have archwings now so we just follow them and annihilate their escape pods and other ships.