Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Hardcore Warframe Mode

rockscl

build your new warframe and give the option to make it a hardcore warframe, Yes, like D3, you die, your warframe is lost, forever.

You can already do this in game.  The bonus being that if you die to bugs (we all know of them) you dont have to restart.

You know YOU could just sell your Warframe if you die. There is your hardcore mode. :)

This is how you could do it now.

The thought of losing my Nyx Prime on death made me almost cry. Now I can't stop thinking about what would be worth that risk in WF. Thoughts?

This game, unlike say, EvE Online, does not necessarily need to "destroy" the Frame. In EvE you can just buy what you need with resources, here, the Frames parts ARE the resources, and are based on random drops.

It would be fine to have Frames getting damaged to a state where repair is needed, and we just need resources and put the Frame into the Foundry for a time to get fixed.

Would finally make sense to store extra built Frame parts. If you have them pre-built, you can swap one in and reassemble, rather then have to rebuild each one from scratch, like the system with Extractors.

Edited by DSpite

instead of losing a frame you lose a level like from 30 to 29 and so forth

This game, unlike say, EvE Online, does not necessarily need to "destroy" the Frame. In EvE you can just buy what you need with resources, here, the Frames parts ARE the resources, and are based on random drops.

It would be fine to have Frames getting damaged to a state where repair is needed, and we just need resources and put the Frame into the Foundry for a time to get fixed.

Would finally make sense to store extra built Frame parts. If you have them pre-built, you can swap one in and reassemble, rather then have to rebuild each one from scratch, like the system with Extractors.

I actually like both of these ideas quite a bit, although you have consider that I generally avoid hardcore modes because that is how I lose keyboards. Might not suit the Hardcore crowd as much.

I'm pretty sure that what he meant was that this is an ENTIRELY OPTIONAL mode for new frames. If you're dumb enough to add hardcore to a prime frame you spent hours grinding then you probably deserve to lose it in the first place.

I would love this idea tbh, the added feeling of risk is something that is severely lacking in WF atm. Nothing feels like a risk and nothing feels like a challenge that isn't dirt cheap (looking at you one-shot toxic ancients...) Besides, most veteran players would just build a new Warframe or duplicate of one they already have; then make that frame hardcore and leave the rest unscathed. It's not that unreasonable if you get decent rewards and are smart about it (ie make a new frame)

Edited by KilelrDrone492

I'm pretty sure that what he meant was that this is an ENTIRELY OPTIONAL mode for new frames. If you're dumb enough to add hardcore to a prime frame you spent hours grinding then you probably deserve to lose it in the first place.

I would love this idea tbh, the added feeling of risk is something that is severely lacking in WF atm. Nothing feels like a risk and nothing feels like a challenge that isn't dirt cheap (looking at you one-shot toxic ancients...) Besides, most veteran players would just build a new Warframe or duplicate of one they already have; then make that frame hardcore and leave the rest unscathed. It's not that unreasonable if you get decent rewards and are smart about it (ie make a new frame)

Thanks godness, im sure every one supporting this idea understood that its optional, but someone had to say it clearly and in yellow letters so people stop suggesting some forced condition in it, thanks!

I want to add that this fits perfectly into the lore, otherwise theres no reason for the lottus to warn against extreme risk situations

Oh, and destroyed warframes should proceed into a hall of honor into the liset n_n

Edited by rockscl

Thanks godness, im sure every one supporting this idea understood that its optional, but someone had to say it clearly and in yellow letters so people stop suggesting some forced condition in it, thanks!

I want to add that this fits perfectly into the lore, otherwise theres no reason for the lottus to warn against extreme risk situations

Oh, and destroyed warframes should proceed into a hall of honor into the liset n_n

I guess I'll just make this point again. There is already a hardcore mode. You can sell your frame when you die. BAM, there is your hardcore mode.

"Hardcore" Nightmare Mission: Greater rewards (w/e they might be) but if you're downed, teammates can't bring you back and you loose all revives for all frames until the next Warframe day starts.

These missions would only appear at/near the start of a new WF day to prevent people running them right before another day starts. Or I guess they could carry over to another day instead. Not sure how to accommodate people in far away timezones with this.

I dunno. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I thought of a solution for the timezone thing: You'd just put a 24 hour timer (starting at at the time of death during the HC Nightmare Mission) on the revives for all Warframes. lol I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Would people want to be able to buy their revives back with plat in this case? IMO, I'll never spend plat on revives anyway.

I guess I'll just make this point again. There is already a hardcore mode. You can sell your frame when you die. BAM, there is your hardcore mode.

But where is the added reward? I'd prefer something to gain from all this rather than just lose a frame. Then there's always the chance that someone would just NOT sell their potato'ed, forma'ed hardcore frame (admit it at least half the people wouldn't have the balls to do it anyway)

Edited by KilelrDrone492

Yeah the entire lore is rather f***ed atm, revives have been made canon now which is good but what happens when you run out? Just regen your entire frame within a 24 hour period? Yeah right.

Haha love that end suggestion! You could have a really good run then have it on your profile to show how hardcore you really are

Edited by KilelrDrone492

Sell your Warframe on death = Now you got hardcore mode.

No need to bother Developers about it. If you chicken out then you're not fit for Hardcore.

Unfortunately this level of thinking only gets you so far. This is similar to saying that you don't need to unlock any planet other then Mercury, and then just keep deleting your level 30 Frames and play them again to get a challenge.

There is a ton of things you can do "to yourself", but most people tend to prefer hardwired game mechanics so that they can play with like minded people.

If you go into a mission as "hardcore" and everyone else is playing fast and loose because they know they are immortal, you either have to play solo all the times to "not delete your frame every handful of missions" from Loki or Limbo trolling you, or have a whole team that knows "hardcore" is turned on and actually plays to survive.

It would be just like Diablo.

First things first you would build everything more defensive. No running around with 300 shields 225 HP in your 15 armor warframe.

Defense would be more valuable and wouldn't go as deep into Endless missions, for example.

Yeah would be just like Diablo and since it's optional, i don't know why some people are complaining about 'post patch insta death'.

Wow so many people that hate this idea i can understand why people shy away from space exploration. Too many cry baby.

like the op said it is purely OPTIONAL meaning you HAVE to PUSH/CLICK the option to MAKE it HAPPEND on NEW BUILD FRAME you DON'T WANT it well DON'T PUSH THE OPTION.

On my part i would make a new excal just to play on hardcore hell for those choosing to be in that option give them a sigil (like a skull or something like that) only usable on hardcore frame. It would be awsome + what a guy said previously put a hall of hero somewere to see who's boss enought (or crazy enought) to be first

If there's no reward I can't see many playing it. If there is a reward those that play it would surely resort to the cheesiest "exploits" in order to complete missions. (Also, it's very likely that more than 90% would play Rhinos).

Edited by The_Doc

Unfortunately this level of thinking only gets you so far. This is similar to saying that you don't need to unlock any planet other then Mercury, and then just keep deleting your level 30 Frames and play them again to get a challenge.

That is not similar in any kind of way. Hardcore can be achieved by just selling your Warframe when you die with it even if you got revives left. Then the guy can rebuild his frame and repeat this process if he enjoys it.

But if he chickens out he's not cut out for it and I'm quite sure he would chicken out from it.

Considering how many insta-fail/glitches/bugs/crashes/PCfreezingjustforkicks/whateverweirdthings happen all the time in Warframe... No thanks.

I wouldn't risk my Nyx Prime considering the risk. Hell, no reward is worth it, there are so many variables that are just completely out of our hands, it would be plain stupid.

Edited by Marthrym