Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye Potato Powered.

Id0ntkn0wyet

I did not know which topic I should put it in. So I just picked General Discussion :p

If any of you have watched Potato Powered's last video. He said he will stop his Warframe content because there is no Endgame in Warframe (Which I agree. DE needs to do Endgame right nao! :P). If you guys are sitting in your chair thinking "Who the eff is this Potato Powered guy you talk about?" Basically he is a Youtuber that does great Warframe content like other Warframe youtubers but he stopped cuz well. No Endgame. I slapped 500 hours into Warframe and I am actually starting to get bored. But I still play it because its one of the better games I have in my computer that is fun and my terrible Laptop can actually run it :O. But he is not quitting youtube. He is just stopping all Warframe content he does in his channel. And who knows? He might come back! (on not, had your hopes up for a sec there right?) So sad to see a great Warframe player leaving...we will miss you Potato Powered.

Sorry if this topic's grammar is terrible. My English is not that great. Okay m8?

There's plenty of end-game for most of the players. There might not be any for those that have conquered all, but that will always be the case.

No sooner than DE produce some content that constitutes a "new" end-game, people will conquer it as well and scream the same all over again.

I agree, such a shame that he left. But I DO disagree with you on the topic of DE needing to pay attention to endgame. They should focus on stuff to keep the vets appeased and within the community, THEN develop the potential of Warframe (which it admittedly has TONS of) and THEN endgame. The greater the basis, the even more amazing endgame will be. Also,

*moregame

God ppl pls listen more carefuly he said he dont know yet just bubble arround he isnt yet sure so why all talking about things they have not a simple clue about if he gonna leave he gonna say it and dont need your early god bye threads cause of your missunderstood his speech.

thats how rumors get born ppl dont listen.

I don't like people throwing around this 'Endgame' term as it makes me think of the final thing to do, after which there is no game, just the end.  I have never seen an 'endgame' suggestion that isn't just a gear locked mission with some bells and whistles that people will get bored of (not counting pvp because that should never be the endgame of a pve game).  How do you define what is 'endgame' and what isn't?

God ppl pls listen more carefuly he said he dont know yet just bubble arround he isnt yet sure so why all talking about things they have not a simple clue about if he gonna leave he gonna say it and dont need your early god bye threads cause of your missunderstood his speech.

thats how rumors get born ppl dont listen.

So he was just trying to get attentions?

I don't like people throwing around this 'Endgame' term as it makes me think of the final thing to do, after which there is no game, just the end.  I have never seen an 'endgame' suggestion that isn't just a gear locked mission with some bells and whistles that people will get bored of (not counting pvp because that should never be the endgame of a pve game).  How do you define what is 'endgame' and what isn't?

Ya, I don't know what people except when they say endgame. But I understand these people as I myself was thinking of a hiatus. As a vet, there is nothing out yet to keep me interested. Syndicate was good, but yet again benefits newer and mid players, not vets who just have to run missions again with nothing new going on. So there is nothing new yet for vets. Yes, "it's a long term thing" as gets continously thrown around, but that is too long for most vets.

What I would like is some lore. It is past time to reveal it, it would keep people interested. By revealing lore through missions, it would give people incentive to keep playing.

As for other 'endgame' material, I am sure DE is many long term goals, it will just take time, time that allows vets to take a break and to come back with full force.

Ya, I don't know what people except when they say endgame. But I understand these people as I myself was thinking of a hiatus. As a vet, there is nothing out yet to keep me interested. Syndicate was good, but yet again benefits newer and mid players, not vets who just have to run missions again with nothing new going on. So there is nothing new yet for vets. Yes, "it's a long term thing" as gets continously thrown around, but that is too long for most vets.

What I would like is some lore. It is past time to reveal it, it would keep people interested. By revealing lore through missions, it would give people incentive to keep playing.

As for other 'endgame' material, I am sure DE is many long term goals, it will just take time, time that allows vets to take a break and to come back with full force.

A bit of this, and as for long term: The max rank is 30, highest we can get at the moment is 18. There is definitely way more to come.

Problems that arise when you build Endgame is very complex..

Theres a few games I played where I had so much fun at the 40/50/100 level caps. Then they raised the level cap by 10/20/30 then 6 months later raised it by another 10/20/30 depending on the game. All that fun stuff at the 40 cap became worthless and no value to all players.

**it didnt offer desirable rewards

**players were too strong for it

**the new stuff wasnt at the same level of enjoyment

**players who were at 40 were too weak, too few and spread too far apart in gears and knowledge to get the most out of it.

**afterall why bother with a difficult party dungeon when you can just outlevel it.

**in Cabal Online i lost my freedom for leveling and character progression simply so i could hang around the most competitive and fun nationwar. (100v100 PVP lvl cap 140-169) This hugely limited the type of dungeons I could enter, my overall stats and my equipment.

**worst thing of all is it brokeup my ability to enjoy the games with my friends because of our equipment/knowledge/time availability and level.

:( Its horribly depressing when endgame is a focus.

Edited by CarrotSalad

Endgame what endgame ?

You mean like WoW ?

If that happens, I rather Warframe dies than let it go down that road.

It should be like EVE online, constantly game.

You can make it big and then suddenly lose billions due to a stupid mistake or being taken out.

Then forced to do it again if necessary.

There's plenty of end-game for most of the players. There might not be any for those that have conquered all, but that will always be the case.

No sooner than DE produce some content that constitutes a "new" end-game, people will conquer it as well and scream the same all over again.

Clan based stuff is really the only possible endgame. It just needs to get fleshed out. 

Really? He just NOW stopped because of endgame? If he was truly up to date on warframe then he should know that DE is still in progress with it and that it is on their mind for a long time and they are working on it. 

Not forget to mention, this is a BETA (still) It's a work in progress.

No game has endgame...ive played almosta ll the games even mmorpgs and i usually need like 3 month - 1 year to get everything ...play all missions and stuff... so i could always complain there is no endgame...

if you want endgame.. form a clan, make alliences and own (( you and ally our allies )) ALL solar rails in waframe...i think that might take a while..lol