Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Expect With 15.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

Rebecca, Steve expressed a concern in the last devstream that the reasoning for not including scaling rep gain on sigils was that it was mixing up the cosmetic value of the sigils with the rep gain effect. Something along the lines of "we were worried people would feel compelled to wear sigils they didn't like for the higher rep gain." I think this is still a valid concern now that we have scaling rep.

One possible solution is to make the apex sigil of each faction "lock" a player's rep gain to the maximum possible with a faction when purchased, so that after purchasing it they can feel free to purchase and wear any of the other sigils without fear of penalty to their rep gain. I do think the cosmetic choice should be as free as possible to the players under the rubric of scaling rep.

It is any one player's prerogative to make decisions based on opening a calculator before Warframe. The changes overall will benefit players who want to be more rewarded game-wide instead of being forced into the 'most effective' node. There may always be a 'most effective' way, to reflect on a recent video. The value battle between efficiency and choice will be waging on for players, this happens in virtually every game. For some the decision is easy: do whatever it takes to get it fast. Now, players who value choice have more options that what the previous design allowed.

Again, the value battle applies to gaming as a whole: throw a hair elastic on my Xbox controller to max my Sneak, or play around and rank it up while doing other things. One is purely efficiency driven. The other relies on choice. There are no right or wrong values in this context, we all have a way we like to play.

I just hope your design decisions reflect this and you don't make changes to punish either way of playing.

Will the syndicate rep earned per day be total or per syndicate?

Say I earn 10k perrin rep then go earn 12k loka rep, will i be at my cap for the day as a mastery 10 or will I be able to get another 12 and 10k rep for perrin and loka respectively before i can't earn anymore?

and do points earned via alliance to other syndicates still count?

So if I earn 10k Loka i get 5k perrin via their alliance does that mean ive earned 15k of my cap for the day?

Edited by Dekallis

Did anyone else notice they said nothing about, unless it is in later notes, Limbo's ability to stack energy was not reversed like the other Warframes?

I think that was an unintentional exploit.  Besides, it doesn't make much sense to be banished/walk to the Rift Plane when you're already in the Rift Plane.

Amazing change, you could have set the cap even lower, I personally dont go over 5K rep points per day even with intensive farming so this is awesome

Also dont forget to bring back shield restore the the polarize ability, I got really badly sc@%ed over when I tried to solo Alad V to test the nerf yesterday :'( 

Will the syndicate rep earned per day be total or per syndicate?

Say I earn 10k perrin rep then go earn 12k loka rep, will i be at my cap for the day as a mastery 10 or will I be able to get another 12 and 10k rep for perrin and loka respectively before i can't earn anymore?

Also would like to know this--excellent question.

So, the cap for me is 36,000?

How much further than 36,000 were people getting in a single day? o.0

This doesn't seem like an actual change for most players. >.>

A lot more with Viver Fever, if you ask me.

BTW, what's the release date of 15.2.1? Today, tomorrow?

It is any one player's prerogative to make decisions based on opening a calculator before Warframe. The changes overall will benefit players who want to be more rewarded game-wide instead of being forced into the 'most effective' node. There may always be a 'most effective' way, to reflect on a recent video. The value battle between efficiency and choice will be waging on for players, this happens in virtually every game. For some the decision is easy: do whatever it takes to get it fast. Now, players who value choice have more options that what the previous design allowed.

Again, the value battle applies to gaming as a whole: throw a hair elastic on my Xbox controller to max my Sneak, or play around and rank it up while doing other things. One is purely efficiency driven. The other relies on choice. There are no right or wrong values in this context, we all have a way we like to play.

I like this explanation or reasoning and clarification. I'm good with it. For now, I see that this is at least the best update, or a lot better than last. We'll play with it and will see how it goes from here... Thanks.

Warframe Changes

Removed LOS checks for Radial Javelin, Energy Vampire, and Shield Polarize (reverted the 15.2.0 change).

Thanks and much love,

Rebecca

We made it! They changed it back!

tumblr_lyn33oLN6c1qcxxkd.gif

I really appreciate how you listen to your community, DE. Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by Ravensaurus