Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Expect With 15.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

So instead of fixing the syndicates as everyone has been asking to,you cap syndicate gain per day while you still get the same amount per mission.

Not only that but you still need mastery rank 0-~16 worth of affinity to max 1 single syndicate

Now people will just do viver till they're caped and continue to do so daily

except i never go to viver and i rank up syn quite easily without even knowing what viver was.

so yeah, im afraid your wrong, not everyone spams viver.

Though I am pleased they are addressing the mistakes they made regarding the Warframes, capping rep gain still does not address the problem of rep gain tied to xp/affinity. I personally was hoping they would change rep gain. Here is once again a suggestion made by another Tenno which I feel is very relevant and well thought out.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/345056-syndicate-points-are-the-issue-this-is-how-i-would-fix-it/

his method isnt balanced the numbers need to be different so the gain/min is the same for all mission types

if you want to know what i mean look at my post in the vivergate thread p22

Anyway his solution is basically the same way one should approach the rep issue

So i agree with his mechanic but not with the values

It is any one player's prerogative to make decisions based on opening a calculator before Warframe. The changes overall will benefit players who want to be more rewarded game-wide instead of being forced into the 'most effective' node. There may always be a 'most effective' way, to reflect on a recent video. The value battle between efficiency and choice will be waging on for players, this happens in virtually every game. For some the decision is easy: do whatever it takes to get it fast. Now, players who value choice have more options that what the previous design allowed.

Again, the value battle applies to gaming as a whole: throw a hair elastic on my Xbox controller to max my Sneak, or play around and rank it up while doing other things. One is purely efficiency driven. The other relies on choice. There are no right or wrong values in this context, we all have a way we like to play.

I'm very glad to hear choice is going to become more balanced to efficiency. The gap was just too wide before, choice became not an option to so many people. Now that the loss for 'fun' is much smaller, 'fun' starts seeming like a real trade. 

dang I bet all the people who were cryng about the "nerfs" feel real bad now.

They had every right and it had to be done.

The "crying" is what got it reversed. They should feel happy.

tumblr_neqyjs38dQ1qdlh1io1_500.gif

DE screwed up and they have admitted it.

Punishing the entire player base to stop some kids with macros was not the answer.

This is stage one.

only 8 days to max? i've been her for over 8 months, so 8 days to reach max stats sounds pretty low actually

That is only if viver even stays in the game in 15.2.1

Otherwise you're up for some serious grinding with a booster if you want to get to the cap via sechura and such

It is any one player's prerogative to make decisions based on opening a calculator before Warframe. The changes overall will benefit players who want to be more rewarded game-wide instead of being forced into the 'most effective' node. There may always be a 'most effective' way, to reflect on a recent video. The value battle between efficiency and choice will be waging on for players, this happens in virtually every game. For some the decision is easy: do whatever it takes to get it fast. Now, players who value choice have more options that what the previous design allowed.

Again, the value battle applies to gaming as a whole: throw a hair elastic on my Xbox controller to max my Sneak, or play around and rank it up while doing other things. One is purely efficiency driven. The other relies on choice. There are no right or wrong values in this context, we all have a way we like to play.

The simple solution to that would be to make the most effective way also the most fun one. Decouple affinity and rep, expand on Syndicate specific tasks, introduce proper challenges that are highly rewarded. Higher mastery rank unlocks more difficult challenges, etc.

In short: Just flesh out Syndicates more for them to make sense to exist. Why are the Arbiters impressed that I do 10 waves of Grineer defense for them? What do they gain? Nothing, of course, it's just a randomly generated mission.

I would be much happier if upon reaching mastery rank 15 they gave me the task to kill Lephantis with their favored melee weapon and a frame they like.

I know how much more effort this task would take and that we are only talking about a hotfix that reverts some of the mistakes that were made, but in the long run the rep = affinity/450 system will always drive players that have the ability to go for more effective methods to go use these. There is not really a lot of choice behind it. If I want to get reward X and I have the choice to take a long time to do or to get it quickly, albeit with a boring and stupid method, the latter will always win. If you introduce a reward driven system it should be no suprise that players go for the rewards.

Edited by Fruchtpudding

Well, while I see the whole package of this hotfix as something good, I really hope you guys don't stop here.

As for now, the reputation-cap might work. But I see it as band-aid for the core problem.

The cause of all this mess (the current rep-gain mechanic) is still unchanged, for now.

Edited by Lorche

Thanks--the sigil multipliers are a good step (makes them actually worth picking up), and the (much more) measured response to Vivergate is welcome.  It also adds value to Mastery Rank, which is a nice touch.

Regarding the Sigil multipliers:  could you explain in the release notes whether it will affect affiliated Syndicate xp as well?

Let's say I just do a Perrin Sequence mission for 800 status while wearing a Sigil that gives me a 1.5x bonus...will that give me 1200 for Perrin Sequence and 600 for New Loka, 1200 for PS and 400 for NL (doesn't give bonus to NL), or just 800/400 (no bonus for Syndicate missions)?

Edited by fadeinlight

I don't mean to further complain, though I actually I was one of the few that hadn't complained over the 15.2 changes, but these fixes for those changes are still going back on previous statements. Previously you, or one of the dev-couch, said they'd prefer not adding boosts or stats to sigils, as to not discourage prefered designs. Now players will be almost forced to wear the 'high rank' sigils in order to gain mastery at a decent speed.

Secondly, I would have liked to see you stick your heels for LoS. I do hope the concept is not gone forever. It truly does make sense for some powers, though not all, and it would have added a nice new layer of tactics to the battlefield. As it is, the battlefield itself doesn't much play a role in the battles, what with all the x-ray powers and punch-through weapons. I do hope that you take this time to re-examine LoS and every frames list of powers and apply LoS to all frames at the same time. 

LoS would have bettered the gameplay and strategy of the game. I hope every addition that makes the game more challenging isn't veto'd because the forums are full of lazy, and loud, players.