Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Expect With 15.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

The Hotfix notes are in progress, the build is being tested, but immediately relevant to many forum readers is the following changes coming in 15.2.1: 

Syndicate Changes:

- Added Standing multiplier to Sigils - the higher the tier of Sigil, the higher the multiplier.

Warframe Changes

Removed LOS checks for Radial Javelin, Energy Vampire, and Shield Polarize (reverted the 15.2.0 change).

Very glad to hear that LoS is (at least for now) being removed, thank you.

Guess I will take Excal out of the oven for a spin, after all.

Edit: I'm working under the assumption that the cap on Rep gain is a stop-gap measure against continued Viver-esque insanity until the underlying issue is addressed. To wit: Rep gains being tied to exp gains, and exp being best gained by wholesale slaughter and nothing else.

A comment/question/thought re: Sigil multipliers.

Each rank unlocks several sigils.

Sigils are supposed to be, at least in part, aesthetic (still? I think?).

If I'm, say, rank 4, but like (and wear) a rank 2 Sigil, how will this affect me?

Further, let's say *cough* that I'm a completionist, and will try to collect them all.

Several Sigils per rank = all the same rank = no effect on multiplier?

Thanks for taking the time to let us know in advance.

Edited by Chroia

YAY thank you for the syndicate boost. 

Not sure about what that means....

What that means is that the missions you play don't go towards your daily cap(you can play them still) 

Also that if the host has the same syndicate you have, there is a multiplier. 

Edited by DarthBane1

It is any one player's prerogative to make decisions based on opening a calculator before Warframe. The changes overall will benefit players who want to be more rewarded game-wide instead of being forced into the 'most effective' node. There may always be a 'most effective' way, to reflect on a recent video. The value battle between efficiency and choice will be waging on for players, this happens in virtually every game. For some the decision is easy: do whatever it takes to get it fast. Now, players who value choice have more options that what the previous design allowed.

Again, the value battle applies to gaming as a whole: throw a hair elastic on my Xbox controller to max my Sneak, or play around and rank it up while doing other things. One is purely efficiency driven. The other relies on choice. There are no right or wrong values in this context, we all have a way we like to play.

Agreed. I'm not doing viver for reputation, I'm doing Kiste. Gives 200-300 per game. Adding that with the daily reputation and I got myself a decent income of reputation.

I will say though, some game modes should be giving more reputation. People are kind of forced to play public games in terms of Mobile defense, defense, survival etc to get a decent reputation gain. Playing extermination,  capture, rescue etc does not give enough reputation. it's a shame for those people who are unable to play public games due to bad hardware, internet connection or location. If we were to get 150-300 rep for an exterminate, newer people who are completing content would be geting a fair income just by playing the game, rather than having to focus on doing public endless games.

Edited by Zareek

That is only if viver even stays in the game in 15.2.1

Otherwise you're up for some serious grinding with a booster if you want to get to the cap via sechura and such

i am actually quite sure Seimei with a speed nova a powerful ember and a max duration Vauban would do it faster

Woah, Woah, Woah.

BEDMAS? Is that somesort of crazy canadian PEMDAS?

Brackets, Exponents, etc. And no, it's just an alternative acronym.

On topic, it's a shame there was such an outrage but you've done the right thing here.

Cheers,

Hollow

Edited by Hollowatcher

Warframe Changes

Removed LOS checks for Radial Javelin, Energy Vampire, and Shield Polarize (reverted the 15.2.0 change).

Thanks and much love,

Rebecca

THIS! THIS IS THE POWER OF PLAYER FEEDBACK! YES

Also thanks for making Mastery mean something, even if it is minmal. This is a step in the right direction. 

I just hope it stays as generous. 

Edited by armedpoop

Syndicate tied to Mastery, cool i think. Syndicate Tied to new Sigils. Cool.

Not addressing the fact that exterminate gives you 30 rep, not cool. You talk about choice, but until rep gain is increased PER MISSION TYPE and not per kills/xp, there is no real choice, it doesn't honestly fix the issue, it kind of avoids it.

Changing the frames back though, thank you so much!

This is a step forward. Thanks for listening to the constructive feedback, and sticking it through the rage as well. I'm particularly happy about the changes being reverted for excal and mag, since i genuinely love both frames (although i still think the mag character model looks like 12 year old jailbait and needs to be matured up, but that's just personal opinion). Keeping the interception changes is good as well, it has made that gamemode more about actually playing the game now, which is fantastic. 

*bows*

I promise i wont work to breaking viver etc. again.