Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Specific Weapons

XaelathRavenstorm

To prevent people from just buying syndicate weapons from trading (like boltor P -.-) , I would like to suggest that 

1. Both players have to be at the rank which the weapons are given out at, i.e. if they are given at rank 4 in syndicates, both players must be at least rank 4 in syndicates to trade

2. The buyer must sacrifice some standing (25-40k) to receive the weapon

Edited by Somedude1000

ONLY if the weapons are tradable or obtainable for plat even if the faction hates u

i kinda like the idea to implement some kind of betrayer as an npc in the coming hubs that is selling everything from a syndicate faction for an unreasonable high price just for his own profit

(u could although make a story around this and implement quests to search and hunt possible betrayers from ur own faction)

This such a good IDEA

To prevent people from just buying syndicate weapons from trading (like boltor P -.-) , I would like to suggest that 

1. Both players have to be at the rank which the weapons are given out at, i.e. if they are given at rank 4 in syndicates, both players must be at least rank 4 in syndicates to trade

2. The buyer must sacrifice some standing (25-40k) to receive the weapon

UPVOTE! UPVOTE NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Do I like trading? eh, can be nice.

Do I like the idea of Syndicate specific weapons/armor/whatever ? YUSH!

Do I like the idea of Syndicate specific stuff to be tradable? Nope, It ruins the whole value of those items, every noob can just get themselves some plat and buy everything off of other players and that's about it for them. Let them work for the stuff they want and don't make it available for trading, exactly THOSE players will be the ones who will then complain because they have nothing to do anymore and go all "M0Ar 3ndgame pl0x!"

I don't understand how most people are completely blind to the huge negative consequences of this idea.

I'll do something better. I'll suggest a way to completely bypass almost all the negatives:

Add new weapons to all the syndicates. The same weapons for all the syndicates unlock (for purchase) at Rank 3 and 4. At rank 5 faction specific skins are unlocked (for purchase) for faction weapons. These weapons come with the Syndicate 'effect' built in when used with their skin (which has faction-oriented visual effects). Skins are not available for trade.

Result:

+Gives meaning and purpose to rank up your syndicate. There's also mastery points to be gained.

+Shows the player's 'faction choice' at a glance (special visual effects example: Suda pulsing symbols/ Red Veil 'moving' wings).

+Doesn't lock mastery points behind nearly impossible grind walls (ranking up a 4th & 5th syndicate is nightmarish).

+Doesn't add incentive to join specific syndicates because their weapons are better or in a preferred category (Auto vs. Burst vs. Launchers etc).

+Doesn't add incentive to join specific syndicates to make some platinum trades because it is not available for trade.

+Doesn't promote P2W because A) weapons are the same across factions. B) cannot be purchased using platinum.

+Doesn't create balancing-created issues as much. All faction weapons are identical across syndicates. Nerfing Red Veil's or Buffing Suda's weapons will not affect syndicate choice the player made. Buffs and nerfs affect all equally.

+Doesn't matter if OP or UP. If OP it can be nerfed or considered an endgame weapon (sadly more power creep). If UP it still offers mastery and cool skins with Syndicate combat and visual effects.

The weapon models and skins must be really good and easily show the syndicate visual effect. 

What really needs to happen is that they release a stance for the Nikana and Dragon Nikana that has a combo that ends with an energy blast fired from the sword. That way I can pretend i'm Ichigo using Getsuga Tenshou (Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer).

Edited by Tymerc

I'd love to see unique weapons, sydicate variants, and weapon skins being available from the sydicates. unique weapons would be highest tier rewards, weapon variants would be second-highest, and weapon skins could be mid-tier rewards.

I'd love to see unique weapons, sydicate variants, and weapon skins being available from the sydicates. unique weapons would be highest tier rewards, weapon variants would be second-highest, and weapon skins could be mid-tier rewards.

Great idea, It would be awesome as well if each syndicate has 3 weapons Primary/Secondary/Melee.

Arbiter of Hexis:

Rapid-fire LMG with flat (high) fire rate and spread that actually decreases over shots. (To fit with the theme of patience.)

Red Veil:

Dagger that innately does 300% more damage on stealth attacks and finishers. (They are assassins.)

New Loka:

Hayden Tenno's original pistol, Tekna 9mm. (The origin, the root. The birth weapon that the Tenno started to use.)

I'd like syndicate weapons so long as they weren't just reskins, as it is we have enough reskins for mediocre weapons and I'd rather not spend my rep on something that's only a marginal upgrade to an only marginally useful weapon. Op mentioned a corpus death ray for the Perrin and I second this notion. I need some fried grineer to go with my greedy milk.

Also, it'd be cool if some factions had unique stances for certain specific melee weapons. Personally I really really want a unique stance for the Jat Kittag. I need some rocket hammer action that actually uses the rocket, right now it just sits there, forlorn and useless :(

Edited by Mordrevious

Does anyone remember the Brakk Event?

Why don't they create weapons, which can be dropped by syndicate assassins/the blueprints.

But those weapons will only give the truth/whatever bonus, when acquired through that syndicates.

Oh, they need to buff those assassins so those weapons will be hard to get.

PS: If you want to complain ab out rng, please throw yourselfs in front of a train. Because I hate it when people try to rush EVERYTHING with plat.

This is a really bad idea, the day they force me to rank all syndicates or pay "suspicious farmer" 1000 plats, to be able to get one gun and collect all mastery, its the day i stop playing, ranking a syndicate is hard enough already to make it a forced full round.

and anything syndicate limited and trade able will only be another platinum mine for farmers trying to sell them for 1000k each.

this is giving a gift to the exploit farmers and the worse idea since LoS.

People who wan't to collect everything can do that somehow. By leveling all syndicates.

madness , after you already leveled a syndicate leveling an opposing one will take 2-3 times as much time now multiply that by 6 you CAN'T expect people to accept that as a viable solution.

Do I like the idea of Syndicate specific stuff to be tradable? Nope, It ruins the whole value of those items, every noob can just get themselves some plat and buy everything off of other players and that's about it for them. Let them work for the stuff they want and don't make it available for trading, exactly THOSE players will be the ones who will then complain because they have nothing to do anymore and go all "M0Ar 3ndgame pl0x!"

its been clearly shown that mindless syndicate farming is not end game

As the current system stands: No. Even if you make them available for trade. Skins are the way to go if you wanna add meaning to syndicates instead of this segregating nonsense. Trade isn't your Secret Art card that you can pull off on every addition to the game.

has more sense you can't base the game around MR and then lock it to syndicates which are a really small part of the game and shouldn't affect core mechanics like MR.

I don't understand how most people are completely blind to the huge negative consequences of this idea.

I'll do something better. I'll suggest a way to completely bypass almost all the negatives:

Add new weapons to all the syndicates. The same weapons for all the syndicates unlock (for purchase) at Rank 3 and 4. At rank 5 faction specific skins are unlocked (for purchase) for faction weapons. These weapons come with the Syndicate 'effect' built in when used with their skin (which has faction-oriented visual effects). Skins are not available for trade.

Result:

+Gives meaning and purpose to rank up your syndicate. There's also mastery points to be gained.

+Shows the player's 'faction choice' at a glance (special visual effects example: Suda pulsing symbols/ Red Veil 'moving' wings).

+Doesn't lock mastery points behind nearly impossible grind walls (ranking up a 4th & 5th syndicate is nightmarish).

+Doesn't add incentive to join specific syndicates because their weapons are better or in a preferred category (Auto vs. Burst vs. Launchers etc).

+Doesn't add incentive to join specific syndicates to make some platinum trades because it is not available for trade.

+Doesn't promote P2W because A) weapons are the same across factions. B) cannot be purchased using platinum.

+Doesn't create balancing-created issues as much. All faction weapons are identical across syndicates. Nerfing Red Veil's or Buffing Suda's weapons will not affect syndicate choice the player made. Buffs and nerfs affect all equally.

+Doesn't matter if OP or UP. If OP it can be nerfed or considered an endgame weapon (sadly more power creep). If UP it still offers mastery and cool skins with Syndicate combat and visual effects.

The weapon models and skins must be really good and easily show the syndicate visual effect. 

this could be an alternative but you don't need syndicate specific weapons you can skip that part and go directly to current weapons to make people represent their syndicate and avoid pushing forward power creep.

I think the parts should be untradeble. But instead they should be dropped by the various death squads they send after you.

Although this would require unique assassins to be made for every syndicate but my guess is that the current ones are placeholders of some kind anyways. 

Yay time to farm them. Linke it is possible to farm that Brakk (poor man's Pyrana).

I've seen lots of Cerberus Troops here. I mean good Ideas. For which I want to thank you.

I think there might be a DEveloper reading this smilingly.

Bring more to please these gods of the tenno.