Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Invites. Anyone Else Annoyed By This?

Cyborg-Rox

If I hang out in my ship and do some chatting in Region for too long, I'm gonna end up being invite-spammed by some random morons.

And they absolutely will not stop inviting me unless I tell them to bugger the hell off!

Maybe it's because my name appears near the top of the list...

Anyone else being annoyed by this?

Yep. Sometimes it's lol-worthy, but it can also piss me off. I had one guy who I played one or two missions with and who I thought was a #$&(%, and who then kept sending me invites every 15-20 minutes or so for maybe an hour and 15 minutes or more, even though I had already told him once to kindly F*** off and leave me alone. 

Yes. I am annoyed by this. Greatly.

Do you have any idea how many random invites and friend requests I get daily with this damned username?

Been debating changing it...

(There are perks though, like one guy that traded me 200 plat free 'just because')

Hahah

Now if we only had the ability to set a status message that would say "I'm in game" or "I'm away", this would help greatly. Otherwise, I just either turn all invites off, or turn it to friends only, as they know I prefer a message before blindly spamming invites (which i've had happen more times than not). I don't mind random invites at all, but the ones that spam me invites 10 times in a row get blocked.

Edited by Janzer

I got a random invite from a nub yesterday that was still on the Vor quest. Having nothing better to do, I joined him with a bunch of unmoded stuff and had some fun (after they figured out "t" to chat). If someone is spamming, as a bunch of others have said, /ignore.

I've gotten a random invite while chatting in region. I either grab my speed nova, and watch as they cry while being overwhelmed by hyper-fast grineer, or my vauban, and make sure every surface is bouncey, or my loki, and make sure he has a nice enough view of the enemies. Troll limbo is the best at dealing with them, but the least fun.

Most of the time it's a glitch.

I find it hard to believe someone would invite me to a game randomly on their own for no reason, especially when I've never played the game with them.

Especially me of all people. I'm an A****** why do you wanna play with me?

Edited by darthdart

Most of the time it's a glitch.

I find it hard to believe someone would invite me to a game randomly on their own for no reason, especially when I've never played the game with them.

Especially me of all people. I'm an A****** why do you wanna play with me?

Did you as invisible Loki try toTeabag a dead Zephyr today?

Did you as invisible Loki try toTeabag a dead Zephyr today?

I hate Loki and all players who play him. The only frame+player I hate more than Loki is Valkyr.

I'd never disgrace a public game with using Loki ever, so no, that wasn't me.

Although thanks for letting me know Loki attracts the worst people ever in history, just furthers my opinion of the frame and the type of player it attracts.

EDIT: Fixed the holier than thou, self centered sentence I wrote, acting like I'm important on the forums.

Edited by darthdart