Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get The Option To Vote For The Theme Of The Next Warframe?

Mak_Gohae

So we can get off this weird pirate, magician, cowboy trip we have been having?

These random leaps in themes with no lore seem silly.

At this point it seems like we are watching some Outer Limits/Twilight Zone/Star Trek episode were some super powerful kid alien is just making action figures using living beings and to the beings being used they appear as gods or some such dealy. I also think there was a Transformers episode like this.

Anyway, let use choose the next theme so we can get back to a more serious tone.

Than again... DE may put out some silly choices like.....

Teenaged Vampire that glows when the sun hits them.

Werewolf frame that is in love with the same Tenno the Vampire frame is in love with.

A witch frame....are there witches in those movies? Well, there are these 3 things in the Originals.

And the last option would probably be Elmoframe. Whats the hot thing for kids this season? Adventure Timeframe?

For the love the orokin! 

Did we even have lore for the past frame design? No.

Does it really matter? No.

What appears silly to you seem logic to MOST OF US

I seriously hope the next frame will be a princess with a pink dress.(I'm dead serious, vote for it please.)

Edited by Alphafox

Came in expecting complaints about the new Warframe aesthetics.

Was not disappointed.

I could care less about how it fits in since I have a hot pink Nova and rainbow Nekros with an army of neon minions, but I really do like how it looks visually, theme be damned.

I don't know how they can run out of ideas if they just give a look to the fan section there is a tons of idea.

PW: Some frames changed their look from the original or fan concept. Some frame looks weird because hard to imagine inside that armor a living human. "nekros, oberon, limbo"

Edited by Sziklamester

Anyway, let use choose the next theme so we can get back to a more serious tone.

I don't believe we ever left, Warframe's tone is still fairly serious.

Than again... DE may put out some silly choices like.....

Teenaged Vampire that glows when the sun hits them.

Werewolf frame that is in love with the same Tenno the Vampire frame is in love with.

A witch frame....are there witches in those movies? Well, there are these 3 things in the Originals.

And the last option would probably be Elmoframe. Whats the hot thing for kids this season? Adventure Timeframe?

Nice hyperbole there, I'm sure that'll help your case a lot.

Hey guess what, DE gets to choose the next theme of the warframe, not you and not me. It always was this way, remember the DC contest? DE handpicked the concepts they liked, we simply chose which one of them was going to be made first.

No to mention that leaving such kind of choice in the hands of the community is a terrible idea.

If you're in the Design Council DE will sometimes let you vote on the next theme. Limbo's skills were based on Council ideas and Nova in general (possibly Nekros as well?) were Council votes.

Wrong, DC only voted on ideas given to Nova's powers, everything else was DE dependant, heck Nova was the only one that was supposed to be used from the DC idea list.

Edited by RahuStalker

I've felt like the frames have physically been too obvious what their theme is. It started with hydroid, which was borderline too close to a pirate in his appearance. Limbo was the breaking point, as he is obviously a magician. The oldest frames, you cant tell what their theme is just by glancing at them. You have to take a second to bring in what their shape means. Like Loki for example, you can't take a glance at him and say "Yup he's the stealth frame." You have to take a look, and if you look close you can see his legs are sort of like a jester or some sort of assassin. He doesn't have a cool jester cap and he doesn't dance around like a jester, while Limbo blatantly takes his cap off and looks like he's about to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Now what about elemental frames like Ember and Frost? Just from glancing at their shape, and their shape alone you can't really tell what they are. You actually have to look at them, like ember's mohawk resembling fire. It's not like she looks like she gas a huge gas tank on her back and a gas mask on her face.

Edit for added clarity.

Edited by Lord-Taco-the-Great

They did this a long time ago(in the design council), it was what lead to Nova.  Other frames that were brought up in that vote were the necromancer and berserker themes, which we got later on.  It is possible that it may happen again, but it is up to DE if it happens, so who knows.  Though I don't think the gunslinger is really a stretch from the theme of the game, not like Hydroid(who totally doesn't fit the game, specifically his powers).  Also I don't think the theme of limbo is inappropriate for the game(messing with void energy and dimensional stuff is a pretty good idea), but his look is just... comical it does not belong. 

Personally I am really happy they went with a somewhat more simple look with the gunslinger frame.  I REALLY prefer the earlier frame designs they are cleaner and not ridiculous like some of the newer frames. 

Didn't something similar to this happen a while ago? I believe Nova was a result of this, and the eventual earth-themed frame is supposed to happen in the future.

The earth frame is a myth.  I doubt it will come, it doesn't really fit the game, and although it did make it into the DC vote, it only had about 5% of the vote.  Personally I hope we never see it, Hydroid was bad enough. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I don't know with this one. The problem arises that if/when DE decides to finally start fleshing out the Lore. If we were given the option to vote on the next frames, our decisions may not be what DE had in mind, and thus mess with whatever lore they may have wanted to put in. Our decisions may mess with their vision for WarFrames future. Rather, I'd say DE consult or talk to the community about upcoming WarFrames, and see their reactions to go from there. Thus, we can have continuity with the Lore that DE wants to implement, and also have satisfaction within the community.

Yeah because space ninjas totally aren't some kids' powerful action figure fantasy tropes either. Also, I like the hypocrisy here. The older frames don't have lore but the new frames have lore attached to their quests yet the OP claims that these new frames "dont have lore".

A simple "I don't like the frames" is good enough but do we need to attach lies and baseless claims to these opinions?

I'm almost positive this tone shift exists only in your head. The new frames don't seem to be at all outside the established asthetic.

But they do.

I was checking some random threads in Fan Art subforums, and there was one with pictures of every frame, side by side. You can clearly see that original 10 have more simple and sleek design, while never ones have more details and are a bit more flashy.