Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Malicious Intent?

ToolboxMotley

People will spread out in pug, period. There's nothing you can do about it. You can shout and you can yell, absolutely nothing you can do that will change some stupid non English speaking random player in your team. I'd play a lot of survival since it was introduce. 99% of survival game end prematurely without a negros. Enemy sometime just ain't spawning

I went with PUG teams this whole event and the most usefull ones I saw in it were:

Vauban: dont need to say why

Nekros: see the above

Nova: Explosive gallery

Ember: Spamming Accelerant and WoF

Trinity: Healler and Energizer

Frost: The bubble blocks the hooks and the Tar shots.

Loki: Invisible and activading LS

Least Usefull:

Excalibur: RJ just stoped being usefull at high levels

Rhino: Almost havent seen a single Roar

I've gotten 3 Tethra mods so far - two at 40 minutes (in a group) and one at 20 minutes (solo) - out of a total of maybe a dozen or so runs. I can solo to 20 easily with Nova and my maxed Quanta, though I tend to start having trouble with Ancients hooking me around 35 minutes if I'm trying for 40.

Maybe you're just having bad luck?

I went in with some random player, 3 rhinos and a Saryn. It's a smooth sail, the highest level I'd seen at 30 minute is only level 40+. I think tier 4 void at 30 minute already spawn level 50 plus enemy. I take back what I said earlier. You don't need a nekro for THIS event only because the spawn rate is just insane. The enemy just keep pouring in, unlike other survival game. I bring my hypermaxed Ignis for this mission and it's catwalk

Edited by Neogeo

I'm just going to throw this out there.

Valkyr is invincible.

The devs have two options, nerf Valkyr's Hysteria, or create inspired enemies that provide challenges that can hold up to invinci-kitty. Thankfully, they've gone with the latter, so don't complain too much.

There are problematic powers besides Valkyr's, but with such outrageous powers, it's almost impossible to balance enemies to provide a challenge without making them seem "malicious".

You so funny... My Sayrn out shines my valkry so easy in the the event run it is not even funny ...Hysteria is no match for Miasma is this event .

when you need clear the room out fast Miasma is 100 times better 

I've gotten 3 Tethra mods so far - two at 40 minutes (in a group) and one at 20 minutes (solo) - out of a total of maybe a dozen or so runs. I can solo to 20 easily with Nova and my maxed Quanta, though I tend to start having trouble with Ancients hooking me around 35 minutes if I'm trying for 40.

Maybe you're just having bad luck?

Clearly. :P

maybe you should git gud

Seriously though, get a Nekros and a Slow build Nova, it isn't that hard.

I personally love it, finally something people can't just breeze through. Now instead of complaining why not become better.

Read the ****ing thread, you two.

Seeing a lot of comments about getting a better team composition which is really *helpful* for solo players... :(

Then use one of the top tier frames and solo it NP. Nyx, Mirage, Nova, Rhino, Trinity, and Valkyr. 

All the frames should be able to solo it but those I listed above would probably be the easiest to complete it solo.

You so funny... My Sayrn out shines my valkry so easy in the the event run it is not even funny ...Hysteria is no match for Miasma is this event .

when you need clear the room out fast Miasma is 100 times better 

I'm referring mostly to the frustrating enemy mechanics that OP was lamenting, which are design choices probably born from problematic powers like Hysteria. 

The only problem I have with the infested is the Mutalist Moas.

Double Shockwaves and infinite Swarms make for dull, reactionary gameplay.

That said, i managed the event with a sub optimal setup.

So I imagine that I'd still be able to wreck the infested with the good ol' Mirage + Supra combo.

Then use one of the top tier frames and solo it NP. Nyx, Mirage, Nova, Rhino, Trinity, and Valkyr. 

All the frames should be able to solo it but those I listed above would probably be the easiest to complete it solo.

I've tried it a few times solo and its not bad if you get a decent tileset. Well until the swarm moas get there and spam bees to slap the super armor on everything. Which I like that mechanic but the amount reminds of back when things would scale stupid high and take ages to down. Plus still trying to figure out what is pulling off full health and shield one shots. I've yet to actually get a look at what causes that.

I dont like three things about infested right now.

stun-locking, non LoS Auras (only cause DE has this weird obsession with LoS) and them being able to kill me after they are dead.

stunning me for a second or two every now and then is fine. every single hit from every single monster in the ENTIRE faction stunning me? not okay. the fact that these space ninjas cant roll after taking a hit is kind of annoying and the silly little "my tummy hurts" animation takes so long to play. stun-locking really does not work in fast paced games, I dont know how its been used as a feature for so long.

killing me or hurting me after you are dead is even worse. I can live with the stunlocking, but dying to dead things.. just UHGG. things explode if you shoot them (and stagger you), things release gas if they die,  and ancients that I shoot with my bow/boltor/penta/any other weapon with travel time that tether me, knock me down, and die as my ammunition FINALLY hits them while I get my face mauled off by 8 different chargers

things make toXIN AURAS THAT CAN TWO TICK A !@#$%^& 2400 ARMOUR 700 HP VALKYR THROUGH EVERY SINGLE WALL WITHIN 3 TILES THAT LASTS LONG ENOUGH TO KILL ME 4 TIMES OVER EVEN AFTER THEY DIE, (*breathe* *don't kill anyone yet*) irritate me the most. the unbearable rage of going in a long DSD/ODD mission as the guy in charge of killing these HVTs getting two ticked by EIGHT GOD FORSAKEN TOXIN ANCIENTS aND TOXIN EXIMUSES ALL BEING PROTECTED BY A HEALER AURA FROM TWELVE HEALERS. HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MANY ANCIENTS SPAWN AFTER WAVE 50 IN DSD? (*nervous twitch*) there is not enough high explosives in anyone's arsenal to deal with the amount of these things spawning in waves 50-70.

I have been funnily enough. XD

Found Nyx P. was fairly decent but out of all my frames Saryn managed to go for the longest solo.

It definitely depends on what sort of rooms you're getting as Schoolgirls said. Found the room with the massive crater in the centre to be an absolute nightmare regardless of what frame I chose. XD

Its not the malicious nature of the new infested, I like that...its the slew of bugs that come with them. Had to be carried through one game because I was perma blinded by swarmers, another time I couldn't roll off the Maggots and died (slowly). We had to wait out an end timer because a guy was perma slowed by a Tar Moa 50ft from the exit and dident make it in 60 seconds. They just need to iron out the cheap bs and bugs and they will be fine.

My brother and myself rocked it with a Rhino prime and Frost prime....although the prime factor doesn't mean squat in this situation.....At the end, it was tons of fun and to be able to say we beat the event was an awesome experience.....Respect for 2x orthos primes, I ended wit 864 kills and he with 560 something, frantic messed up fun.

Didnt even know about the tethra mods, but had them anyway from the event last time, so no biggy.

My only headache was those ancient disrupters sucking your energy dry....without I.S, Rhino is not that tanky after all....BUT....we did it and that is enough for me.

Having read a few threads like this I've come to the conclusion that there is little wrong with the new infested that a few balance tweaks and bug fixes wont sort out.  The problem lies with the old infested and the stop-gap abilities they were given to stop them being a complete walk in the park.  Now that they have these new units it is time for the old hooks, energy drain and 90% damage reduction to go.  Oh, and people still hate RNG but no surprise there.

My only beef is that between being constantly blinded because your team and other infested spread swarms faster then you can roll or melee to get rid of them and slowing goo along with their backflips, is the stomp the new MOA's have. Its so unnecessary. They can stomp more often and faster then actual shockwave moas, which are squishier then their infested counter parts to boot despite being more geared towards close combat.

The infested have enough knockdown mechanics and CC as it is. I feel that the stomp mutalist moas have is unnecessary. At the very least they shouldn't be able to spam it. Being chain grabbed by ancients and stomped around faster then I can recover is almost as bad as the old perma stunlock rollers.

DE plz remove or nerf Mutalist Moas's stomp a tiny bit.

I dig everything else about the new infested except that.

Oberons can only cast hallowed ground so fast to reduce the knockdown spam.

TL;DR: I thought we all agreed a long time ago that too many knockdown mechanics are bad?.