Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer Is Incredible!

Omni_Omega

So, after the buff I took this weapon to a T4 Defense, with one mod missing from it as it had not fully ranked up, and truth be told I was able to kill a Heavy Gunner at wave 18 in 2 shots.

This weapon is not only very effective, but INCREDIBLY satisfying to use. I must say if you are looking to build this, do it.

Also thank you DE for the buff, totally hooked me on the gunblades now :D

Edited by Omni_Omega

I'm sooo happy... Actually I'm not.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/351230-glaive-weapons-need-a-buff/

''Good to see DE are taking notice. They make a new weapon that's very similar to Thrown weapons (Redeemer) with basically same damage aaand 4 hotfixes later they buff it with 66% more base damage.

Thanks, DE.''

Sorry for acting all grumpy about this. I realized that the Redeemer is a pretty expensive weapon since it needs two other weapons and argon crystals to make.

Still... I'd like some Glaive buffs. Maybe when the new stance gets released... can only hope :/

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

I'm enjoying it a lot, especially after the buff. Though I wish we still had charge time reduction mods. Charging up a shot with Redeemer (or any glaive-like weapon) still takes a ridiculously long time with Fury equipped and/or buffed with Volt's Speed/Valkyr's War Cry.

Edited by rehspuhkuh

It was already fun to begin with along with average melee damage and slightly above average charged melee gun attack. Now with the buff Redeemer is even more viable. As a few people have mentioned in the past, having the functionality of a pocket shotgun and a sword will prove insanely useful in missions in the Conclave limiting Tactical Alerts.

I can foresee players going into future events DE creates with Conclave restrictions with no primary, no secondary and sentinel while brandishing their versatile Redeemer :)

Bonus points if you're either Loki or Ash since the Redeemer benefits from the stealth bonus crits when invisible. So now you're walking around shooting people with a silent, crit dealing shotgun with innate punchthrough. That's sounds like a fine weapon if you ask me :D

I'm definitely enjoying the weapon now. I especially like how the fire mechanic has a chance to ragdoll and knock down enemies, where I can follow up with a finisher. It's super satisfying to use, especially w/ Ash and Smoke Screen. It's definitely my favorite melee weapon to date (even if it does not have that great of a melee attack).

Not sure if people even care about the stance...there's no reason to imho. Normal combo is good enough and most of us just hold E for the oh so satisfying shot.

Cause the Combos in the stance all fire off a instant charged attack Desperado Zeal and Final showdown fire off 2 instant rapid charged shots doing half dmg the final blast on zeal and Blitz dose a full charged shot the stance itself gives you ways to fire off the charged shot with out having to actually hold it thats if your good at using the stance combos that is lol also the mod point that come with it mean i don't actually have to wast forma on it.

Edited by LurkenLurker

So satisfying to use when you've emptied your mag into an lvl 80 ancient and finish it off with a "quick" shot from the redeemer

IMO the charge time is ok considering how much damage it does but a mechanic with a immediate shot and a slight cool down/ low fire rate. (Think lex without any fire rate mods)

LurkenLurker, on 02 Dec 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Cause the Combos in the stance all fire off a instant charged attack Desperado Zeal and Final showdown fire off 2 instant rapid charged shots doing half dmg the final blast on zeal and Blitz dose a full charged shot the stance itself gives you ways to fire off the charged shot with out having to actually hold it thats if your good at using the stance combos that is lol also the mod point that come with it mean i don't actually have to wast forma on it.

The basic stanceless combo that you use when the weapon is equipped fires off a quick shot on the last attack.

I would really enjoy it more if we could somehow hold the shots in the combos.. Its disappointing when I kill an enemy with all the slashes and then I want to connect that last shot with a grineer behind me, only to miss miserably

I'd love it if  by holding E during a combo (like E-E-(hold)E) we could retain that shot until we could properly aim it, and then release it.

The weapon is amazing nontheless

Edit: muh grammar

Edited by Gullim92

Today I tried Redeemer. No, not amazing. Do not feel that you are using a melee weapon; seems rather to hit enemies with a huge chunk of steel, without any ugly style.

Ah, yes, it has a shotgun. A shotgun into a melee weapon. Awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Kestrel and Glaive Prime still deal more damage with their explosions than redeemer with its shotgun feature. Not to mention that they charge faster, have no damage falloff and their explosions affect every enemy nearby.

Kestrel master race.

No it doesn't deal anything close to the redeemer. While invisible I can deal around 5k max on a headshot explosion with my Glaive prime, and on a BODYSHOT I deal 34k with my redeemer.

No it doesn't deal anything close to the redeemer. While invisible I can deal around 5k max on a headshot explosion with my Glaive prime, and on a BODYSHOT I deal 34k with my redeemer.

Then you are modding your Glaive Prime wrong. Here is a small Kestrel clip:

Not to mention the damage you can deal with critical build + Loki with single explosion:

kestrel_zpsc7a0326b.png

Kestrel > Redeemer. Kestrel always deal the same damage no matter the distance. Explosion hits multiple targets. Charge time is a lot faster than on Redeemer. Redeemer has falloff on damage and also has pellets which can miss.

Edited by Judqment8

What the hell? What's your build? Does bastille provide stealth modifier for melee weapons?

Have you not used Kestrel/Glaive, they are Superb for ranged melee.

Radial Blind/Sonar/Silence/Invisibility/Paralysis/Some Screen/etc...

Ridiculous easy-mode damage even with Power-throw.

Halikur is more utility than damage, unless they fixed the explosive attributes. (PS4 user behind PC builds)

What the hell? What's your build? Does bastille provide stealth modifier for melee weapons? 

This is what I use in Void:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8512731/Warframe/kesterlmo.jpg

Also I think the stealth modifier comes from the fact that enemies haven't seen you before they get Bastilled. So they are technically unaware of your presence.

I should try fitting the critical hit mod to see if I can make it useful on Vauban.

Have you not used Kestrel/Glaive, they are Superb for ranged melee.

Radial Blind/Sonar/Silence/Invisibility/Paralysis/Some Screen/etc...

Ridiculous easy-mode damage even with Power-throw.

I have used both Kestrel and Glaive prime for a year almost.

This is what I use in Void:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8512731/Warframe/kesterlmo.jpg

Also I think the stealth modifier comes from the fact that enemies haven't seen you before they get Bastilled. So they are technically unaware of your presence.

I should try fitting the critical hit mod to see if I can make it useful on Vauban.

That's so strange because I use loki all the time, you're using my exact build and I still get like a fourth of that damage. 

And no, I have tried crit builds, the yellow numbers you see aren't criticals, they're stealth damage. 

Both Kestrel and Glaive P have 5% crit chance so it's not worth it.