Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add More D Polarity Mods For Weapons

Sarmon

Whenever we see a D polarity on a weapon, everyone usually has the same reaction of "Ugh..."

There are two main mods that use D polarities. Freeze damage and those awful status chance mods. It's about time DE adds some new mods that use those polarities and add some useful/interesting stats.

People shouldn't have to forma a weapon because there's a lack of mods for the starting polarities.

Edit #1: I didn't really think about melee when doing this thread, but then I got reminded life strike exists. Life strike doesn't even need a polarity slot, it's super cheap.

Edited by Sarmon

Whenever we see a D polarity on a weapon, everyone usually has the same reaction of "Ugh..."

There are two main mods that use D polarities. Freeze damage and those awful status chance mods. It's about time DE adds some new mods that use those polarities and add some useful/interesting stats.

People shouldn't have to forma a weapon because there's a lack of mods for the starting polarities.

I totally agree. +1

Ahh, a relic of the days of rainbow builds.

D polarities actually used to be pretty nice because ice procs were guaranteed, so you took the ice mod on everything. This is also why the ice mods are cheaper, and generally lower damage, compared to other elemental mods. They were more for slowing the enemy down. The status mods were stun chance, which was also good.

Of course DE cannot do statistics, so what was 60% damage and a guaranteed slow is now just 60% damage and what was 15% chance to stun is now +15% to status chance as a multiplier. This leaves what was an always filled polarity totally worthless.

If anything the D polarity should be removed from weapons, otherwise they are going to have to add mods that are D polarity's that are good offensive mods. I wont pretend to speak for everyone however for myself, I know I'm going for max damage on any weapon I forma, and the D polarity just doesnt fit, sometimes its just in the way and restricts flexibility in weapon builds. DE needs to do one of either of the options, though like most things, I doubt this is on the top of they're "to do" list.

I don't understand why they keep putting D polaraties on weapons and not give us any mods to put in them. My secondary has two, count them two mods that can go in that slot. Quit putting D polarities on weapons or give us some more D polarity mods. So yeh, I agree with the OP. It's kind of ridiculous that DE does this.

Or at the very least, stop putting them in the upper left corner where they pretty much restrict your elemental loadouts unless you ignore them entirely, in which case a lot of good they do you.

The lower left corner would be much more acceptable, as you could still have Ice in their but have other combos capable of preceding it.

Or tweak the weapon mod Polarities to mean something else, but with more distinction and uniqueness (i.e.: Each Polarity has a theme in which mods can be associated to)?

Totally agree. Also its about damn time they make Deep Freeze and North Wind (and shocking touch though that's not a D mod) 90% again like all the other pure elemental mods. It's been a year and a half and they still haven't fixed that. Makes no dam sense. Not since damage 2.0 at least

agreed, there needs to be more D polarity mods for weapons in this game.  In a Frame a D polarity means being able to slap on a Vitality or Redirection for super cheap, mods that normally require 12-14 mod points now only needing 6-7.   Even a D polarity in the Aura slot is workable with mods like Rejuvenation.

On a weapon it means either 1)you will be stick doing Freeze damage or 2) you will have to use a Forma and level the weapon up all over again.

The 'D' polarity is a relic from the DE was initially playing with the mod idea, and its first expansion. Its pretty clear that this polarity was created with the purpose of increasing variability and specialization, but was quickly forgotten. It makes perfect sense for frames, 'D' is for defense. They're the health, shield, armor slots. But for weapons, it simply seems they threw a couple mods into that polarity just to fill the ranks. It doesn't make much sense for one out of four elements to have a different polarity, and the status mods are so abysmal I'm pretty confident in claiming that no one uses them. Therefore, I think some new mods need to be created, and some old mods re-polarized, to fit the 'D' for defense theme of the frame mods. 'V' tends to be for damage, '--' for utility, so lets keep 'D' for defense, even on our equipment. For example, Life Strike makes perfect sense. I'd love to also see a mod that restores sheilds on strike in a similar fashion, also as a 'D' polarity. Bur blocking and parrying mods should be moved to 'D', and perhaps mods that effect or restore stamina as well. 

My point is, each polarity sort of has its own theme, yet the 'D' polarity breaks from that theme on weapons, and should be readjusted to be more in line with how that polarity influences frames.