Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Try So Hard

Tormound

To get rid of rep farm methods? Unless they fix what's causing the farming methods to be done over regular gameplay it is literally impossible to get rid of rep farming since there will always be a faster way to gain rep over that of regular gameplay. It's not like rep farming in general is easy either since you'll have to be pretty well decked out to do it efficiently from what I hear. Although I guess it's somewhat of a good thing they're trying so hard(wish they tried harder on other things*cough* focus and rainbow bridge *cough* but i digress) since we get new enemies that's different in terms of how to deal with them like the nullifier. Can't wait to see what they're gonna come up for Grineer.

Note: I don't rep farm or in a syndicate(not till they add boltor prime or soma prime mods or there's a method to rank up all 6 syndicates concurrently) so my knowledge of rep farming is secondhand at best.

Note: I don't rep farm or in a syndicate(not till they add boltor prime or soma prime mods 

pfff, typical >_>

and they do try hard, but since we're such an "easy-way" obsessed community  we can't see the good thing that they do....so sad, and they didn't get rid of it, they just made it more challenging, seriously? they just added 1 enemy and you'll quit the map?

There is reasonable, and then there is Viver-level where it was 5-10 times what you would get from an hour long survival for just one easy run. I think Nullifier Crewmen are more just a response to the fact that AoE abilities are absurd, but they need more polish.

Note: I don't rep farm or in a syndicate(not till they add boltor prime or soma prime mods or there's a method to rank up all 6 syndicates concurrently) so my knowledge of rep farming is secondhand at best.

The point of syndicate mods is to give cool boosts to less used weapons while leaving the base stats of the weapons low-tier. This gives them a use for veterans without making the early game more of a cakewalk. I don't expect the better weapons will ever get significant syndicate mods.

pfff, typical >_>

and they do try hard, but since we're such an "easy-way" obsessed community  we can't see the good thing that they do....so sad, and they didn't get rid of it, they just made it more challenging, seriously? they just added 1 enemy and you'll quit the map?

Seems like it. There's easier ways to farm where you don't have to deal with ability nullifying bullet shields which are just terrible for high dmg low rof weapons and requires suicide charging into the bubbles to deal with.

something is seriously wrong with these complainers if they think players have that time to waste on getting results they want. speed of things is what made us loved games from the dawn of video games and when its a shooter we hunt down the god tier weapon for that one shot kill all.

on consoles it was  cheating by inputting the god mode code that unlocks everything, you even could go to your local arcade and buy a magazine that tells you how.

fast forward a couple decades to warframe where everything that "was or is" fun to do and enjoy in the game gets taken out. and I swear  this is the only game  I ever came across that does this.

just 3 more weeks of shelf life for this game left on my part,  then ill find something that is enjoyable and fun  like what all video games is supposed to be.

To get rid of rep farm methods? Unless they fix what's causing the farming methods to be done over regular gameplay it is literally impossible to get rid of rep farming since there will always be a faster way to gain rep over that of regular gameplay.

Reduce experience from killing NPC

Increase experience from completing a mission. Defense and Interception should get more rep each wave you stay.

This way people are doing the mission like capping all the point in Interception.

Part of the issue is more DE trying to eliminate synergistic group strategies for those that do play "normally" in the process of trying to eliminate the "homers drinking bird" gameplay.

The energy changes alone for toggle and drain powers did little for stopping "homers drinking bird" play (as KnotOfMetal has shown) but hurt a lot of builds designed not on doing that.

DEs adoption of this kind of thing is only sending the message to exploit issues ASAP rather than just playing the game for the fun of it.

something is seriously wrong with these complainers if they think players have that time to waste on getting results they want. speed of things is what made us loved games from the dawn of video games and when its a shooter we hunt down the god tier weapon for that one shot kill all.

on consoles it was  cheating by inputting the god mode code that unlocks everything, you even could go to your local arcade and buy a magazine that tells you how.

fast forward a couple decades to warframe where everything that "was or is" fun to do and enjoy in the game gets taken out. and I swear  this is the only game  I ever came across that does this.

just 3 more weeks of shelf life for this game left on my part,  then ill find something that is enjoyable and fun  like what all video games is supposed to be.

This.

Don't presume to speak for everyone when you say that's what's enjoyable.

I don't like god-mode games. I find it more enjoyable when there's a bit of a challenge. 

many of the points you try to make in your post don't make any sense.

But if you're not enjoying the game currently, why play for another 3 weeks?

There is nothing to be gained by playing a f2p video game longer than you are having fun with it.

Rep-farming is not too possible with a rep-cap.

To address the initial question, having your player-base eat up content hundreds of times faster than you thought they would is something I may consider broken.

Except it is not.

Look syndicate is tied intimately with MR now.

Don't look at the perspective of an MR15 to MR18.

Look at the perspective of a rank 3 or rank 4.

They have all those build walls and mastery walls around them.

They won't be able to promote fast since there is a wait time.

That delays their mastery.

Which again delays their syndicate exp gain.

In return they won't be eating up content fast anytime soon.

Then there are those who level 3 syndicates evenly, that takes them even longer.

Edited by fatpig84

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BWAHAHHHAAHHAAHAHAH

I CAN'T I CAN'T BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH MAN, YOU ARE FUNNY.

And so very wrong. Cheats is something you do when the game is done and you got nothing more to do, or its when you don't care about the game and just wanna have fun for funs sake, which runs out quite quickly. 

Games were never about how we can finish it fast and quick, they are about the experience we gain from it and the enjoyment that lasts with us as we grow.

Cerberus was simply far too easy. They added the nullifiers to spice things up. They want the game to be a challenge. There are plenty of other ways to get reputation fast. ie any other interception mission and they know that. If they really wanted to nerf rep gain, they'd just lower the amount of rep per day or lower the speed at which you gain rep. It's not about "people gaining rep too fast" it's about people finding a high level mission so easy that they can run it over and over without any issues in the slightest. Changes like these are what make the game more fun to play, in my opinion. Now whenever I head to Cerberus, I might find myself with some semblance of a challenge. 

fast forward a couple decades to warframe where everything that "was or is" fun to do and enjoy in the game gets taken out. and I swear 

That's why coptering was removed when Melee 2.0 dropped, right? Oh wait.

just 3 more weeks of shelf life for this game left on my part,  then ill find something that is enjoyable and fun  like what all video games is supposed to be.

Why wait? Bye.