Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Cerberus Got Very Difficult, And Not Because Of Nullifiers

R34LM

Nullifiers are annoying, but managable. It is safe to say that it was a good idea for the devs to send them to Cerberus to balance things a bit.

But, the devs also did is something that had a significant impact on success probability: the spawn count was increased by at least double. Anyone else notice that?

There is now an unbelievable amount of enemies. Plus the nullifiers spawn in at 5 at a time. Their shields are not small at all. They cover a huge space, meaning about 10 enemies inside usually. It is a good tactic to just melee the nully, but good luck dealing with the guys inside in the meantime. So, you are left to deal with them from the outside, which, given how the shield works, takes time, and you don't usually have it because you have enemies surrounding you 24/7. Leave them alone? Well they might be trying to cap a point. It just all adds up to a very nasty situation.

Seriously, every time I joined a pub game on Cerberus today, the enemy was winning by a long shot, with no chance of us taking it back. We get a point, but as soon as we move on to another point the enemy comes in a huge mass to the point we just captured and take it back. It isn't a good idea to leave one person to a point either, because I have seen 20 enemies surround the point most of the time.

I've made a tread a while ago concerning how enemy spawn spamming has gotten worse as the time has gone on. This is probably the worst I have seen it.

Some people may say "don't do pubs" or "use X frame or X weapons". Given the options that Warframe gives you, I'd expect to be able to play my own way without needing to do things a certain way. Sure, some tactics work better than others, but what I am seeing is that I should resort to using full auto spray and prays and having to plan a team when I can go in pubs everywhere else. And don't even get me started on how I feel about any of this in the perspective of a solo player.

Anyone else feeling any of this?

yeah 100%. and those things that drops those mini bombs

Edit: play with some clan mates. i rarely join ceberus random lobbies as these people are more concerned with running around for loot all over the map and not interested in capturing points which is rather annoying. and with the new enemies and increased spawn rate theres only so much 1 person can do.

i think the spawn rate is lowered when playing solo? iv noticed this in some other missions

Edited by UndeadGhostWarrior

well... then they have at least 100 other notes they can go to... so whats your point?

Ok, here is my point.

The other points are too easy. So, I go to Cerberus and other nodes for a bigger challenge. However, what I am greeted with is a Killing Floor styled challenge that mutated into something rather cheap in the Warframe setting. That is my own personal opinion. If that doesn't suit, then consider my original post to be irrelevant.

Also, let me point out that I have no issue dealing with 30+ mob sizes. It is the matter of that we cannot hold points.

Edited by R34LM

I did notice that there are more targets now, especially bomber ospreys, but somehow im not earning the same exp as before, its quite a bit less. I pug all the time and haven't changed my playstile, usually come out on top, kills wise too =\. Really hope DE didn't nerf the xp gain.

I used to play slow nova a lot on cerberus, but with nullifiers now she is far too squishy for their magical quickscopes, so im resorting to ash and just teleporting to mobs outside the bubble to kill the nullifiers. It's possible to kill nullifiers with any skill if you cast it while jumping and landing inside the bubble, ash is just...easier.

Edited by kiteohatto

I did notice that there are more targets now, especially bomber ospreys, but somehow im not earning the same exp as before, its quite a bit less. I pug all the time and haven't changed my playstile, usually come out on top, kills wise too =\. Really hope DE didn't nerf the xp gain.

They did lower the xp count a little before the nullies came in.

Now that we have a decent amount of enemies of significant challenge/priority for each faction (Tar MOAs, Ancients, Nullifiers, etc.) I feel as though we need some sort of "logic" for spawn patterns to match the shift to actually strategic gameplay. Just throwing droves of 30 or so enemies worked when every enemy was cannon fodder and didn't pose a threat in small numbers, but now we have enemies that actually can be threatening in small quantities and as such combat just becomes a mess when the same strategy of employing massive hordes is used with enemies that aren't designed to fought en masse.

It's nice that DE wants to move away from "Press 4 to win" being the win-all strategy, but while the newer enemies make this less viable the sheer quantity of enemies still seems to be designed for Ult spamming.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

The worst spawn you can get is techs and nullifiers coming out of C and B while you are running along the triple door area to either B or C. As well as things coming out of those 3 doors. Well, on the upside, the syndicate weapon actually revives me a lot now :).

However, now it feels like a lot more effort is needed for a lesser xp payout. Tried ceres-draco and its cake in comparison, but i'd rather take the fun.

Ash with a build of full range and some power, just kills everything with Bladestorm while Nova slows them and magnifies damage done... take also two Rhinos or something tanky to capture points... and just teleport with Ash from one point to the other to overkill everything. Really don't find it harder now, but mor challenging and fun...

More spawn rate means more affinity ;)

Also, take some syndicate weapon that heals you, Marelok, Akbolto, Castanas I think... if you are on the ground, and it activates, you get yourself inmediately revived...

Edited by BLI7Z

Ash with a build of full range and some power, just kills everything with Bladestorm while Nova slows them and magnifies damage done... take also two Rhinos or something tanky to capture points... and just teleport with Ash from one point to the other to overkill everything. Really don't find it harder now, but mora challenging and fun... and also, more spawn rate means more affinity ;)

Well, as somone said above, you have to kill more guys to get the same affinity as before now. Using ash right now is just...sort of a bandaid solution, it might be fixed so he can't teleport into nullifiers or he won't have invulnerability while teleporting =|.

Nova is ok, but you have to be really careful and quick, wrong place at the wrong time and you are greeted by a big red dude with a supra behind a bubble that you can't do anything about in those 2seconds. It is fun for a few rounds, but IMHO it's too mentally draining having to focus on so many things, i feel tired after playing for a couple of runs.

I think nyx with chaos and shade/huras will shine in cerberus now.

Some people may say "don't do pubs" or "use X frame or X weapons". Given the options that Warframe gives you, I'd expect to be able to play my own way without needing to do things a certain way. Sure, some tactics work better than others, but what I am seeing is that I should resort to using full auto spray and prays and having to plan a team when I can go in pubs everywhere else. And don't even get me started on how I feel about any of this in the perspective of a solo player.

Well, in a rally race, no one's forcing you to bring a Subaru, but then again, don't go around crying when the Subaru is 10 times as efficient as your Prius...especially in a world where the Subaru and the Prius pretty much cost the same to get, like in Warframe. (ya I know, bad example, but you get the idea and it spares me tons of lines of text)

I don't think it got more difficult because of nullifiers. The first time I saw one of those, I was like "Hey, that's cute. Bang Bang dead."

What I think made it difficult is that Cerberus went from a relatively low-traffic map in a high level node that not a lot of people went to, to a well-known rep farming grind house after the syndicates were added. You can push your whole daily allowance of rep points in a few go-to-4 Cerberus runs, and get a handful of T4 keys doing it. Thank you drive through!

When it was just a handful of the hardcore hipsters doing Cerberus, sure, it was no big deal...Nullifiers are not. Everyone there was serious business.

But now that people know about Cerberus, and that you can rack up 5,000+ rep runs and level a weapon to 15 in one run, you get the leeches in there that are powering up their new toys and not pulling their weight.

So really, Cerberus didn't actually change, people just started showing up for Taco Tuesday and now its harder to get a seat.

I play pug games almost 90% of the time, i've not had any issues except when i've had 3 MR 2 level 12 volts with boltor primes and mk 1 furis come on into my group. it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, it's actually more fun now with the increased spawns and having to deal with the nullifiers either hands on or from a range with a high rof weapon. 

Last night was the most fun I've ever had on a farming run.  Usual setup for the others and I brought my own bubble with me.

Drop Globe for Miss Squishypants then go on a Nullifer hunt.  Frost ain't afraid of no bubbled up group.  Wizz in chop everything in there into small pieces go look for the next one.  Drop Globe on the way past if need be.

The ONLY thing that has made cerberus difficult, is the increasing amount of players bringing in thei lvl 0 mesa/magp/nyxp etc etc and getting down every other time. 

Seriously, not only they are not helping in any way but also causing us to lose due to more spawn and getting down so often requiring us to revive them. 

The most disturbing fact is those that are guilty of these are mostly MR14 and above.