Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will We Ever See A Tenno Without The Armour?

(PSN)Fac3kick3r_lolz

The Tenno are living beings under the suits and the Grineer have even ripped us from our suits trying to find how we get our powers only to find our fleshly bodies in there. So again I ask. Will we ever see a Tenno without the the suit. DE help my curiosity is killing me (and i'm wasting revives).

Edited by (PS4)Fac3kick3r_lolz

Rescue missions.

Not opposing the idea since I also used to think that the hostages were actually tenno.

But it all changed after DE introduced factions in game. Now they seem to  be associates of said factions or simply factionless (dat Divergent reference)

Also the hostages can talk to us verbally. I think the tenno lost theit voice, and also Alad V likes to call us 'Mute'.

fx53W18.jpg

So they want this?

Maybe that's exactly how Loki looks like under that helmet when disarming the enemies and killing them invisibly?

A cold blooded psychopath who takes immense pleasure in blood shed

Edited by Noioiy

You know, I wonder....

Maybe, the true "Tenno" are the consciousness living inside the warframe, the operation system, the core intelligence, the "soul" of the frame itself, so to speak. They are the records of the original tenno living in the far past, who became one with their frames.

No matter who it is, once they don the frame on, their mind merge with the conciousness of the frame, their individuality stripped, and they became one with the tenno of the past.

So if you have an excalibur frame, and you wear it, you become excalibur himself, for example.

And I think this is supported in the case of mirage. The original one is dead, as Lotus remembered. We, however, can recover the blue print of the pieces of her frames, and by reconstructing those, we, in essence, revive mirage, or at least her consciousness. Once someone wear that frame, they became mirage as she was.

Guys, just to set it clear: 

Tenno were Orokin who were thrown into the void as a last resort to stop the Infested(or Sentients, one of the two) as the Orokin knew the Void had twisted and divine powers. Those Orokin that were thrown into the Void became twisted and divine themselves, and most of them died off. The very few that lived, had newfound powers and energy. Like it was said previously, the Warframes were merely biosuits that were built around a specific Tenno, made by the Orokin so that the Tenno could harness and control their own powers. A Tenno can't become another Tenno just by switching a suit, as each Tenno is it's person. Their powers represented what they were like pre-void. The only reason we can switch suits in-game is for gameplay reasons. Not lore reasons. 

The Tenno aren't weird energy aura things, they're just Voided up Orokin.

Edited by Jahadaya

You know, I wonder....

Maybe, the true "Tenno" are the consciousness living inside the warframe, the operation system, the core intelligence, the "soul" of the frame itself, so to speak. They are the records of the original tenno living in the far past, who became one with their frames.

No matter who it is, once they don the frame on, their mind merge with the conciousness of the frame, their individuality stripped, and they became one with the tenno of the past.

So if you have an excalibur frame, and you wear it, you become excalibur himself, for example.

And I think this is supported in the case of mirage. The original one is dead, as Lotus remembered. We, however, can recover the blue print of the pieces of her frames, and by reconstructing those, we, in essence, revive mirage, or at least her consciousness. Once someone wear that frame, they became mirage as she was.

So basically, something similar to

what happened to Prophet in Crysis 2 and 3?

I could totally understand that. And it actually sounds more plausible than Tenno as energy beings.

Tenno were Orokin who were thrown into the void as a last resort to stop the Infested(or Sentients, one of the two) as the Orokin knew the Void had twisted and divine powers. Those Orokin that were thrown into the Void became twisted and divine themselves, and most of them died off. The very few that lived, had newfound powers and energy. Like it was said previously, the Warframes were merely biosuits that were built around a specific Tenno, made by the Orokin so that the Tenno could harness and control their own powers. A Tenno can't become another Tenno just by switching a suit, as each Tenno is it's person. Their powers represented what they were like pre-void. The only reason we can switch suits in-game is for gameplay reasons. Not lore reasons. 

The Tenno were _human_ that was confirmed by the Devs, and they existed during the Orokin era. If you assume that all humans that were a part of the Orokin Empire were considered Orokin then sure, call them Orokin....

_but_

It's equally possible that the Orokin weren't a race but a specific sub-group (Oro=Gold, Kin=People), the ruling class of the Empire and that the subjects of the empire were simply human, not Orokin. That explains how come the Orokin were wiped out by the Tenno yet we still have humans in the system, it also explains why none of the human groups int he present day claim to be descended from the Orokin. It also explains why the understanding of Orokin Technology was lost, the Orokin jealously guarded the most exotic of their technology, and only gave it out in sealed units (mods/forma/cells)

That means everyone we read about in the codexes were simply human subjects, not Orokin (Except the "Cold and Gold Emperors" mentioned in the Stalker codex)

Pls don't put your theory as confirmed fact.

Got a link to your sources on this one?

The closest we come to knowing that the Tenno are humanoid is Embers Codex entry and all that says was "children" We don't know if they were hybrid children from another race we don't know of, or clones the Orokin made from ancient human remains.

IIeQ1jE.jpg

You just ripped that right out of context.

The whole introduction is about vor wanting to understand how tenno and there frames work. Hes also telling the twins "Everytime we tear a Tenno corpse from it's metal womb, we find nothing to explain their power."

He is just being metaphorical because there is no proof or physical law for our powers and hes trying to explain it in a way everybody can understand it.

Also see rhino primes codex entry.

He has powers even without its suit. Just not that spectacular and useful.

Edited by sp33chle55

Didn't it kind of suck to find out that Boba Fett was a clone of a guy who looked like a school bus driver and Darth Vader was an old man version of Humpty Dumpty after he fell off the wall when HIS mask came off?

Also consider, and I'm serious about this, the time and resources required to get facial animation right.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

The codex for Rhino Prime seems to say the frame itself is also alive and was a uncontrollable beast until it was near a survivor of Zariman. 

Edit: Then again... what if Tenno are not the children from Zariman but other void test subjects. The void drives them mad and infuses them with energy, the Orokin makes suits that harness the energy making them better killing machines, and then a Zariman survivor acts as a controller/handler. Lotus was a child of Zariman!

Edited by Kazzamo

I always understood the entry like thats a tenno walking around. You know, cause of the blood and gore and flesh mentioned which has like nothing in common with a frame. Hmm okay, they also mention metal a lot but i thought thats because hes using iron skin...

Edited by sp33chle55