Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does De Really Care About Us Anymore?

HalotroopermanX7

I dunno anymore guys... maybe cause my mind is jumbled, but I feel like getting this out.

Note: I can't write correctly because I'm sick. Sorry 

I've been lurking to forums and I've noticed that DE doesn't respond to topics saying things like "DE knows that they're harming the player base, doesn't care about the players..."

I've yet to see a developer (not a community person; because they're with social interactions), comment on this issue... saying explicitly that they actually care about us instead of making a cash grab and trying to get as much money into their wallets as possible. Have you really seen a developer address all of the mistakes they made and atone for them with SINCERE WORK, instead of "Here, you get plat for compensation of the mistake we made... meh" 

Because really, how does it feel to be so excited about something that you 'know' you're going to receive, but somehow you never received it? And the people sending you that item are like "Meh, here is some cash as compensation..."

It just feels like all of the excitement, all of the love, is all gone...

It seems like we're getting upset over the most trivial of mistakes caused by DE... why?

I don't know what to say, I just wanna know if you believe that DE still cares about us anymore, and that they acknowledge what they're doing to fragments of the community.

For all of those people who're thinking of starting some flamebait fire, don't... just don't. I'm serious about the question, don't try to start up an argument and disagree with another person, I just want YOUR opinion in response to: "Does DE really care about us anymore?" 

Can you bring a fiasco/issue as an example? They did compensate players who lost their Kubrows at the beginning with a free Kubrow starter kit.

Steve did write a sincere apology to those who were enraged about the LOS nerf when the Viver fiasco existed.

Edit 2: You do realize that DE isn't exaclty mindless robots who work 24/7, 7 days a week searching for bugs and adding more stuff right? And maybe they're testing the players because this is supposedly beta, so things maybe changed/nerfed over time but some might complain that it's not right, my fave frame is nerfed etc.

Edited by izzatuw

I shan't touch the subject of DE's opinion towards the playerbase for fear of running off on a tangent, but suffice to say the following: such topics tend to be a bit more volatile than the rest, and, particularly over text, it can be easy for a harmless developer post to be shredded to pieces, overanalysed, or generally viewed in the wrong light. As such, most developers tend to step clear of these threads.

If they didn't care, then we'd see them never changing anything other than the worst bugs that rear their ugly head in.

I said this once, and I'll say it again:
DE cares about the player-base to no end. To say they don't, is a flat out lie and shouldn't be spread around whatsoever. 

Ya somehow I believe DE still cares but in their own way. You see you can`t expect them to make every player happy.

And we players need the DE. And the DE needs us too.

Don`t you understand. If it was not for the DE you will not be here and neither would warframe. Its not that easy to pull off a game like this bud.

Edited by Calibree

People in those threads are usually overly inflammatory, and a dev sticking their nose in that sort of discussion is just inviting being bashed. If there was something constructive or professional about it, it might be different, but threads titled "DE knows that they're harming the player base, doesn't care about the players..."  are usually the height of childish whining and lack of comprehension.

EDIT: nvm just read the entire post, this is one those threads I've described above. smh

Edited by AM-Bunny

I've been lurking to forums and I've noticed that DE doesn't respond to topics saying things like "DE knows that they're harming the player base, doesn't care about the players..."

What do you think they'll say to that? 

"Yeah we know we're harming it" 

And if they say no, players who think they don't care about them wont even believe them.

That's just a really dumb thing to think about.

Have you really seen a developer address all of the mistakes they made and atone for them with SINCERE WORK, instead of "Here, you get plat for compensation of the mistake we made... meh" 

Yes, yes I have. My favorite incident being apologized for by Steve himself. 

"Does DE really care about us anymore?" 

They kind of have to, to an extent. If they didn't they most certainly wouldn't have the success they do today. Steve is constantly doing interviews & talking about how much he listens to, loves, & appreciates Warframe's playerbase. They never ask him "Hey, do you love your players?" He just talks about it on his own. 

I'm sure they care, at least enough to bring in cash...

Really though, I'm not sure they care enough to change what the playerbase wants. They only really listen when their income is threatened (Such as huge uproars like syndicates:viver, void items not existing, or unlisted changes.). They could break this cycle if they would satiate their playerbase with fixes to commonly despised issues, but since that would mean less profit from those who pay to get around the rough edges, it seems like the game will always be in this perpetually broken state.

DE often replies to their design council on a primary basis, bug report threads that people didn't submit formal bug reports for, at times questions that they are allowed to answer or reveal information on, and they constantly lurk through other threads. If they didn't care about the players, they wouldn't make an effort to even respond to ANY thread. If they didn't care, they wouldn't have a livestream every Thursday to play with other players. DE cares a lot more than any AAA company you'll find.

I've been playing for only a little over a year, so yeah, the changes they've made have been big and the Warframe I play today isn't the Warframe I played a year ago. It's better. A lot of people just don't like the change they should have expected from a game in beta.

Why do developers have to respond personally in forum threads? It's enough that the community managers like Rebecca are spending all this time looking through. They have many ways to receive feedback and information from the forums. Just because they don't personally reply doesn't mean that they don't care, that's just absurd.

They do devstreams regularly and address problems all the time. If you can't see that they care then I'm not sure what's going on with you. They are busy working on the actual game, if they took the time to respond to all these threads there wouldn't BE any new content (yes this is kind of hyperbole but I hope you understand what I'm saying, it's just unnecessary time spent imo).

Edited by Seraphyx

I'm sure they care, at least enough to bring in cash...

Really though, I'm not sure they care enough to change what the playerbase wants. They only really listen when their income is threatened (Such as huge uproars like syndicates:viver, void items not existing, or unlisted changes.). They could break this cycle if they would satiate their playerbase with fixes to commonly despised issues, but since that would mean less profit from those who pay to get around the rough edges, it seems like the game will always be in this perpetually broken state.

There are a lot of bugs in a game like this. They're constantly hammering out bugs if you look at ANY of their hotfixes or major updates. They're always looking at ways to balance the game, ways to enhance the experience of the game, ways to add more to do, etc. With these additions come bugs. In any game. But the same team that makes and designs content is not the same team that fixes these bugs.

Honestly, Warframe's developers are some of the best if not THE best of any online game I've played, and I've played a lot. Most MMOs don't even have devs that care to respond to threads or add fan-made content or joke around with the players about in-game jokes (Prod Crewman, anyone? Derf Anyo?). The downfall of that isn't so much that they can't satisfy the fans, it's that the fans can't be satisfied. It seriously gets to the point of:

DE: "Here! We created a whole new mission type that we're excited to unveil! Archwing!"

Fanbase: "Great, let's see how much this breaks things."

They're not a giant company. But for what they have available to them, they've made a fantastic game that a lot of the outspoken community takes for granted. If you're getting to the point that you loathe whenever new content is added because you're afraid of the bugs that come with us play-testing content and being able to report these bugs to make the game better, then take a break for a few months and come back to play the new content that they've released in that time.

Those who say DE doesnt really care for their player are truly just ingrates and dont deserve to be called Tenno, DE doesnt have to give us what we want we get what we get and if theres a problem with it we tell them, you forget the game is their vision not ours we arent making it they are, and might I cite something frome july, remember the whole situation with U14 they didnt have to release that at that time, yet they stayed up countess ours working on fumes and coffee, and everyone just complained about the update, these posts are truly annoying, DE gets work done, they may not handle it the way you want but who says they have to, Their game their Vision, you dont like it make your own.. at the same time if they never listened to what we said things wouldnt be as they are. We shape our tools, instead of complaining about DE why dont you cut them some slack show some respect like the real Tenno you are and lend a hand out to them otherwise things just become a mess

I just want YOUR opinion in response to: "Does DE really care about us anymore?" 

My opinion is that people who try to actively antagonize DE are hurting the sincere interaction there has always been between DE and the fan base.

I think that every single thread that contains the concept "DE doesn't care about us" or "DE hates us" in the title hurts the discussion.

I want to know what developers managed to spoil all these players by apparently responding to every single post that their millions of players make, while appeasing the misspelled whining that makes up half of those posts.
DE is the most involved developer I've ever seen, both with their game and their community.

Do you want to see what really harming the player base is like? Go look at Bungie.

Also, this^  RIP Destiny

Edited by MrPie5