Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Those Saying Have The Relay Burn.

OverlordMcGeek

What if that was the relay that the void trader was suppose to show up? DE can screw us over and have him not show up for 4 weeks rather than 2, or months if only 1 remained.

Has DE specifically stated/confirmed this?

No.

Will there be a big explosion?

Yes. 

And now you see our reasoning.

Has DE specifically stated/confirmed this?

No.

Will there be a big explosion?

Yes. 

And now you see our reasoning.

Implying DE won't surprise us with "Well, you wanted to know if there's consequences, and now you know~"

And then watch as the player base explodes because "We weren't told this would happen!"  And all DE has to say is "Well you knew there'd be consequences~"

And it'll be all the player's faults.

Void trader: "Oh look the relay i said i was going to be at is destroyed, but there are other relays still available. Ill just come back later when my schedule has me go to a non destroyed relay."

Alternately: "I heard on the extranet that the Strata relay was destroyed, so I'll take it out of my schedule and move the other relays up the list."

Doubt it, just a little bit of coding and problem is solved...

Loop

{

RelayToSpawnTo=Random

iF(RelayToSpawnTo=Not Destroyed)

Goto,UseThisRelay

else LoopAgain

}

never trust a programmer that use 'Goto' in a high level language

and yes, he's right

WILL there be a big explosion though?

Probably not. Just a popup message going "Strata Relay was destroyed" And a message in your inbox from Lotus going "You failed not me, not earth. But yourself." Or one from Hek where he laughs and taunts us with every right. 

I'm more appalled that this reckless let-it-burn attitude is being applied to this relay of all relays.

Think about this--you're a new player and you just got out of the tutorial. What's this, you've only got access to Earth? Hmm, but there's that Relay thing that's open, wonder what that is? You go in. You discover other players--maybe veterans, maybe other new players like you. You make friends.  You blast off into the solar system, kicking &#! and taking names.

This was the first friendly thing new players would see, after the Lotus and (arguably) Ordis. This was the first exposure players had to the playerbase at large. This was their first opportunity to discover friends and allies, to discover what awaited them in the Warframe universe. And you're letting it burn, simply because explosions are cool.

Pathetic.

I'm more appalled that this reckless let-it-burn attitude is being applied to this relay of all relays.

Think about this--you're a new player and you just got out of the tutorial. What's this, you've only got access to Earth? Hmm, but there's that Relay thing that's open, wonder what that is? You go in. You discover other players--maybe veterans, maybe other new players like you. You make friends.  You blast off into the solar system, kicking ! and taking names.

This was the first friendly thing new players would see, after the Lotus and (arguably) Ordis. This was the first exposure players had to the playerbase at large. This was their first opportunity to discover friends and allies, to discover what awaited them in the Warframe universe. And you're letting it burn, simply because explosions are cool.

Pathetic.

I personally wanted to see Phobos' relay burn and save vesper/kronia/jupiter's/strata relays.... but phobos doesn't have a relay. Shame.

If a new player's priority is the relay then they're $&*&*#(%&.

I disagree. Do you think every new player will want to rush into this game blind? Do you remember how confusing the early game was? How impotent you felt? Because I do, and this was a way to prevent it.

But now we don't have that option.

I disagree. Do you think every new player will want to rush into this game blind? Do you remember how confusing the early game was? How impotent you felt? Because I do, and this was a way to prevent it.

But now we don't have that option.

The game was and is super easy. Every mission was a bumrush to the objective until level 25 areas. Anyone needing helpful information has better places to go than a relay. You act like there's helpful people in the relays waiting to help out noobs.